• Published 16th Sep 2014
  • 7,093 Views, 12,066 Comments

Yaerfaerda - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash and the Noble Jury continue to fly east.

  • ...
41
 12,066
 7,093

PreviousChapters Next
Every Filly Can Be a Princess

"No." Bellesmith frowned. "Absolutely not!" She frowned harder. "Out of the question!"

"Awwwww..." Zaid looked over, pouting. "Why not? It's the perfect setup!"

"No it isn't!"

"Actually, Belle, it kinda sorta is!" Props said, joining Zaid's side. "She's nothing like what the Val Roans have ever seen before! Plus there's a real 'Xona' out there to world build from! Plus... she's cute as the dickens! Heeheehee! It's totally perfect!"

Belle stomped her hoof. "No it's not!" She pointed. "We are not sending Kera on some super dangerous mission beyond the West Gate!"

"It's not like she's gonna be alone, Ding Dong," Rainbow said. She then turned towards the Duchess. "Would she?"

"Er... no... not at all." Arcanista shook her head. "I would be escorting her. Myself, along with my entire entourage."

Rainbow turned to smile at Belle again. "Plus, I would be there, doing the whole 'unassuming maiden' thing."

"Good luck with that," Roarke droned.

"Yeah, you're cute too. Ahem." Rainbow hovered into the center of the group. "For realsies! Princess of Xona! I totally dig that! I mean, it's not like any of Lasairfion's royal subjects are gonna be flocking over from Xona Proper to contrast our claims with a thorough background check!"

"The Val Roans can't possibly be that stupid, though," Eagle Eye said. He blinked, then glanced across the room. "Can they?"

Booster Spice and Duchess Arcanista fidgeted and looked aside in almost identical motions. "Uhmm... actually..."

"So, it's settled!" Rainbow grinned.

"Ungh!" Belle rolled her eyes. "It is so not settled!"

"Beloved," Pilate calmly spoke. "We don't have many viable options here."

"Oh, and the wisest plan is to leap upon the first idea that involves throwing our darling Kera into harm's way?!"

"No offense, Belle, but she's been through far... far tougher straits than this before," the zebra said. "Even going so far as to join us in direct battle with the Green Bandits."

"Yes, but... b-but she was with us on those occasions!"

"And she'll be with Rainbow Dash on this occasion," Pilate said. "And with Duchess Arcanista."

"And my loyal guard," the elk added with a smile.

"Besides..." Roarke spoke up. "I've taught her to hone her magical abilities quite well these past two months, if I do say so myself." She gazed across the room. "I'm certain, if she wanted to, she could even overpower the Duchess' entourage without thinking twice."

"That is... very reassuring," Arcanista stammered.

"I agree with Rainbow Dash on this," Roarke said.

"Hmmmph!" Belle folded her forelimbs. "You would."

"Uhm... g-guys?" Kera squeaked, legs still dangling. "Do I still need to be up here?"

"Whoops!" Zaid chuckled nervously, finally putting Kera down and patting her on the head. "My bad," he said. "Sorta g-got carried away there. Grilled cheese withdrawal and all."

Props giggled.

"Meh," Kera said.

"Has anypony bothered to ask what the lil' scamp thinks of all this?"

"Of all what?" Kera looked up, rubbing her forelimbs together. "Oh... the whole princess thing? Pfft. Whatever." She shrugged. "If nothing else, it'll mean a change of scenery."

Eagle Eye blinked. "You live on the Noble Jury and you pine for a change in scenery?"

"Yeah. All the goblins we beat up have the same green skin. I want diversity!"

"Pat yourself on the back, Duchess." Josho smirked. "You've got yourself a 'foreign dignitary' for the ages!"

"Uh huh..." The Duchess leaned back, stroking her chin. "I see it will take some work..."

"Like what kind of work?" Kera tilted her chin up, green mane flouncing. "I've got what it takes! Look! I even let Belle brush my mane long, just the stupid way she likes it!"

"Her honesty will be rather striking in a political arena," Pilate said with a smile.

"That's just it, though." Arcanista started pacing. "She needs to convince everyone that she's something she really isn't. That includes Fishberry and her closest allies."

"Pfft!" Kera waved a hoof. "Easy peasy!" She took a deep breath. "I'm Princess Kera Tin Mehjj of the Blue Nova Dynasty, come to Val Roa in order to establish peace between Val Roans, Alafreons, Lounge lizards, and all the llamas in between!"

"See?" Zaid pointed with a grin. "What'd I say? Perfect!"

Kera hopped up on a table and spread her forelimbs up high. "Plus, grasshoppers for everyponnyyy!" She flopped back onto a sofa while Props giggled.

Zaid sighed. "Or perhaps I should just stick to comedy..."

"Kera... darling..." Belle trotted over. "Are you certain that you have it in you to do this?" She knelt down until she was staring at the filly's eye-level. "It will be an arduous journey far away from the Jury that will take Spark-knows-how long and..."

"Belle..." Kera stood up. "I'm fine! Besides, I've been just itching to make a difference ever since the whole Stratopolis thing!"

"But..."

Kera smirked. "Maybe the real issue is... can you let go of me for that long?"

Belle squirmed. She bit her lip and eventually hung her head with a sigh. "...just know that I love you more than life itself."

"Jee..." Kera giggled, then leaned in to nuzzle the mare. "I had no idea."

Belle held Kera close, holding in a whimper. At last, she murmured, "I'm proud of you... for stepping up to do the right thing, especially when I've been so reluctant."

"Yes, well..." Kera leaned back, smirking. "Not all of us have the balls for it."

Belle blinked, then frowned. "You've been hanging around Mr. Josho too long."

"Don't blame me," Josho belched. "I just eat here."

"Ugh..." Eagle Eye face-hoofed. "Old stallion."

"Well, then..." Arcanista smiled calmly. "If it's decided."

"Yup yup yup!" Kera spun around. "So... what do I have to do? I mean..." She giggled. "It's not like I'm gonna be required to wear a bunch of horribly frilly pink girly..."


"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." Kera rolled her eyes to the very back of her head. She stood on a stool, surrounded by earth pony mares as they trotted around, fitting her into a silken fuchsia gown. "I change my minddddddddddddddd..."

"Now hold still, Kera, and let the Duchess' servants get your measurements," Belle said from where she stood at the sidelines along with Rainbow, Props, and Arcanista. "After all, if you're to be convincing, then you'll need to look the part as well as act it."

"But why's it gotta have so much... lace?" Kera's tattooed muzzle frowned. "Lasairfion never wore this much stuff!"

"Lasairfion, darling, was caught in a deathly scenario involving a floating city and untold amounts of undead pegasi!" Belle remarked. "She didn't have time for appearance! But you, a foreign diplomat from the Xonan Empire, have plenty of time to spare for this sort of a thing!"

"You... you mean we have to go through an entire wardrobe?!"

Belle couldn't help but smile slightly. "I'm afraid so, darling."

"Ugggggh... I'm gonna throw up all over these girls!" One of the maids giggled in response.

"A floating city full of undead flying ponies..." Arcanista turned towards Rainbow Dash. "I would greatly like to learn more details about my brother's exotic travels."

"I'm afraid we'll have to spend most of the journey to Val Roa teaching Scampy here some regal etiquette."

"That, I'm certain I can tackle," Arcanista said with a smile.

Eagle Eye stepped forward. "Now... uh... be sure to design something with plenty of royal blues and indigoes." He smiled daintily. "The real Xonan aristocracy appears to favor those colors."

Props did a double-take. "EE?! What are you doing here?! This is a maiden's dressing room!"

"Oh please," Rainbow droned. "It's Eagle Eye. The unicorn's practically the most feminine thing in this room."

Belle giggled, as did a few of the maids.

Eagle rolled his eyes. "Seriously, though, you'll want to design a wardrobe that will accentuate her body modification in every way. Also, the gown should be fuller in the back. I mean... it's not like she's intending to show off a royal cutie mark."

"I heard that," Kera grumbled.

"Oh dear..." Arcanista grimaced. "I just thought of something..."

"Yeah?" Rainbow glanced aside. "What?"

"Well, your darling Kera here is the genuine article, to be sure. But still, no self-respecting diplomat, especially one so young, would arrive in Val Roa unattended."

"How do you mean?" Belle asked. "She should have an escort?"

"Most definitely," Arcanista said with a nod. "And, furthermore, it should be somepony of her own flesh and blood."

"So... like... another Xonan?" Props remarked.

Rainbow squinted. "You're certain the Val Roans would see through the disguise otherwise?"

"Pretty sure," Arcanista said. "Besides, it wouldn't be a healthy thing to risk."

"I-I could go along with her!" Belle said. "Just... uhm... p-paint some tattoos across my body and... and..."

"You realize it'd only wear off, right?" Rainbow remarked. "Or else you'd have to paint the stupid lines on yourself every morning."

"Uhm..." Belle fidgeted. "Real tattoos?"

"Hah hah hah hah!" Kera bellowed, almost falling off the stool in her fluffy gown. "You gotta be kidding me!"

"As... noble as that sounds, Ding Dong..." Rainbow smirked. "I don't think we have the time for you to go through something so excrutiating and somehow come out the other end as a sane pony in control of her remaining senses."

"Besides..." Props pointed. "What kind of a Xonan guard would escort her Princess with a broken honker?" She immediately blushed. "Erm... n-no offense."

Belle sighed. "No offense taken, Props. If only there was a way to look Xonan without putting much effort into it..."

Silence.

Everypony glanced at each other. All except for Eagle Eye.

"Ahem." Rainbow Dash cleared her throat. "Ya hear that, EE?"

"Huh?" Eagle ripped his eyes from the dress and up at Rainbow. "What?"

"Belle said 'If only there was a way to look Xonan without putting much effort into it.'"

Eagle Eye blinked. "Oh?" Silence. His ears folded as he winced. "Oh..."

PreviousChapters Next