• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 958 Views, 48 Comments

Kildeez and Sifty's Shameless Self-Insert Adventures in Equestria! - kildeez



Kildeez: mid-twenties, love of ponies, and with enough issues to write a book on. Sifty: former brony, makes Kildeez look like a picture of mental stability. Drop them in Equestria, sure, why the hell not?

  • ...
21
 48
 958

Chapters Next
Entry I: The Champion's End, by Sifty

I leave this as a declaration of intent.

My use in this world has bled out. The Nightmares have moved on, to terrorize some other world- which, I don't quite know, nor do I quite care. The girls have moved on, as well. Twi's status as a princess means her magic is powerful enough to obliterate whatever threatens her friends or her town. The Elements of Harmony have their power boosted; not even Nightmares could effect them, if the bastards were still around. Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie have recently been booming with business. Since Twilight still lives in Ponyville, there are a lot more visitors to town from all over, and the tourists are all over the businesses. Last I've seen, Rarity was literally rolling in coin.

Rainbow Dash has been at the Academy almost every day. Her work on the weather crew is barely necessary, as she's quickly escalating the ranks, and getting her own squads to command. Fluttershy's unique ability to talk to animals was recognized by the Ponyville veterinarian, and- with Rainbow's encouragement- Fluttershy was hired on to work with him. They've been so busy and so happy, and with no more attacks on town... They didn't need me anymore.

I am done in this world- For a time. Celestia has answered a request I personally put in recently- to let me go through the tear in the dimensional veil south of Equestria, near the very "bottom edge" of the Known World. From what Celestia tells me, the world on the other side is called "Thedas"- And it needs a hero.

I know of Thedas. It was currently in year nine-hundred-thirty. The Dragon Age. Celestia tried to explain what the world was and why I would be sent there, but she couldn't get a word in- I knew more than she did. The official story is that, once I cross the Breach, what I do from then on is entirely my choice- And I choose to become a Grey Warden, one of the guardians of Thedas against a disgusting horde of monstrosities known as the Darkspawn. I haven't enough room on this paper to fully explain, for I must finish what I have to say. I am to fight in Thedas until Celestia needs me again- and I am positive that she will not. The girls and I have not talked for two months, and on the many occasions that I have tried to contact them, I was ignored, time and time again.

They don't care enough to say goodbye. They may have forgotten me. Better for them- I was a bloody smear in this world. The most violent creature alive. It would be best that my legacy is not carried on, for when they have their own children, they needn't hear of the exploits of one Lone Wanderer.

I have gathered the equipment I will need once I cross the breach. A selection of weapons and tools, food, a few pieces of clothing that I treasure, etc etc. Celestia has shrouded my home in a "time loop," so that in the unlikely event of my return, nothing in my home will have changed.

I wish the girls a happy life.

I'm done here.

And, as the Grey Warden motto says...

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.

~Almir "Sifty" Neslanovic

AKA

The Champion of Equestria

I left the note taped to my front door, in case anybody got curious- which was unlikely. My equipment clinked and shifted in my pack as I made my way towards Celestia, who waited to transport me to the dimensional tear. When we got there, she stayed momentarily to see me off. Before I left, I hugged her. Tightly. She seemed to have expected it. This alicorn had given me so much. A home. Friends.

Family.

When I let go and looked back up at her, it was obvious that she had been crying slightly.

"Thank you, Champion. For all you've done for my lands." She cooed, tenderly.

"It was my pleasure."

"Goodbye."

"Yeah... Until you need me again. Just give me a ring, heh..."

And, with that, I set off into the Veil.

Author's Note:

Well, kind of a downer way to start this off, I know. But still! We're just getting started, here!

Chapters Next