• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 911 Views, 7 Comments

A Perfect Cadence - DailyMe1



A story about Princess Cadence's past while in early teen stages.

  • ...
2
 7
 911

The New Foal

Chapter 2. The New Foal

About a month after Ruby and Emerald married, they were getting a foal. Blade could barley hold in his excitement and happiness, but at the same time, was nervous. The doctor finally said he could finally come in. He raced inside the hospital, behind the glass wall. He stared in happiness and joy as the doctor revealed a beautiful, pale pink filly, with eyes of her mother and a mane colour of the coat of her father. She had a purple, pink, and yellow mane and was a pegasus pony. Nopony ever knew why, though. Crystal ponies were all earth ponies, except Emerald Shine of course, with a bit of magic from the Crystal Heart, making their coats crystally. Although, the new born filly was a pegasus. Perhaps the Crystal Heart had poured more magic as in her, or maybe it was the fact she was the daughter of an alicorn. No one knew for sure. They decided to name her Mí Amoré Cadenza, meaning 'My Love', and Cadence for short.


Cadence was getting a lot of attention from her parents and the whole empire. She seemed to make the place have more love and joy and spread happiness to the empire. Cadence was a very energetic and hyper foal, usually getting herself into trouble. But in every way, her parents loved her, and she loved her parents too.

"We're so lucky to have a foal like Cadence", said her mother one evening, when Cadence was in bed.

"Yes, we are, but...", said Ruby.

"But?", asked Emerald, curiously.

"But, I'm also lucky to have a wife like you", Finished Ruby, and with that, Emerald planted a kiss on Blade's forehead.


The next day, Cadence was in was in her room playing, whilst her father was reading on the hoovespaper. He read something about the WonderBolts and wanted Cadence to see it for herself. Though he wasn't sure what might happen. Cadence was only about a week old after all. Cadence barley knew anything about flying with her mother too busy watching over the empire and her father an earth pony. Blade made up his mind and, in the afternoon, took Cadence in a wagon and started heading towards the stadium. It was a pretty long journey, but they made it. Blade found himself in the front row as he was a guard and a prince. They had to wait a few minutes, but the show finally started. The WonderBolts flew out in a blur from out of no where but then started to form fireworks. After that they flew at extreme speeds, doing flips and stunts all over the place 'Oooooo's' and Aaaahhhh's' where heard from ponies everywhere. Cadence didn't really know what was going on and didn't seem too interested, but her eyes seemed to widen as their tricks got fancier. The WonderBolts were honored to have performed for royalty. They said farewell and went. After they saw the WonderBolts' performance, Blade and Cadence went out to eat. The young filly got a bit sleepy so she took a nap. Then they went to the park in the evening. Coming home tired and sleepy, Cadence went to bed. The Crystal Empire seemed to always fill with love and joy with Cadence around. Emerald and Ruby thought everything was perfect and felt nothing could harm there precious child. They did not know, however, that danger soon lied ahead of them.

Author's Note:

Yay, a new chapter!!! (That's what she said)
I know some of you are maybe thinking, Cadence is too young to do these things, and in human life (LYRA IS GOING TO BE...) Yes, she possibly is, but think about PONY life.
And yeah, I know the title seems a bit... out of place, but this chapter IS about Cadence and she is 'The New Foal'.
WE'RE DONE, YAAAAAYYY!!!!