• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 1,083 Views, 14 Comments

Wish of a Princess - Tales Trails



Friendship and Love aren't the only magic in Equestria for sometimes a heart felt wish can literally reshape the world.

  • ...
11
 14
 1,083

A Surprise for Rarity

Twilight and her friends readied their selves in her suite in Canterlot Castle, or maybe better said Rarity readied them. The fashionista nearly swooned when she realized that there would be an official coronation of her friend the princess Twilight Sparkle, to serve as a coming out to public life so to speak. The dress maker worked furiously to come up with five dresses for her friends that would fit such an occasion. She had already had a new dress of her own; subconsciously making it as she regained her cutie mark after that errant spell of Twilights rewrote their personal histories. “But, Twilight . . . NO! Princess Twilight, (she internally squeed) had set everything right,” She thought, “and I’m feeling quite renewed, with more ideas than ever.”

“You know Princess Twilight,” Rarity said as she used her magic to move needle and thread to a just the hem on her friends dress.

“Rarity, you don’t need to call me princess,” Twilight rebuffed. “I’m still the same old Twilight.

“As I look around the room and see the pictures of you and Princess Celestia I see them in a different context now,” the white unicorn continued trimming a hanging thread. “It’s nice to see you have such a close relationship with your mother.”

Twilight winced a little at the complement, knowing that she had, had a good relationship with her mother. But, since the revelations of Night Mare Night she wasn’t sure of that or anything anymore.

“I wish my relationship with my mother was half as close as the one with you and Princess Celestia have,” Rarity continued. “But, alas we have seriously differing opinions about things and that’s not changing anytime soon. “

“Yes, it’s sweet seeing you in all these photos,” Fluttershy said looking closely at the picture of the Princess Celestia sitting with her forelegs around a tiny lavender unicorn and the one with her, Shining Armor, Spike and the Princess. The pictures aren’t just memento’s they’re family pictures.”

“I mean yeah, come on we all thought the dozen pictures in your bedroom of you and the princess was part of some kinky inappropriate sex filled obsession with her,” Rainbow Dash said causing Fluttershy to hide behind her mane, Pinkie’s jaw to literally hit the floor, Rarity to gasp so hard she almost inhaled a needle floating in her magical telekinetic field, Applejack to just look dumb founded and Twilight shivering at the thought of her mother like that. “But, now I get it and their just pictures of your mom and that’s cool.”
The disgusting imagery of her and her mother pushed out of her head Twilight laughed to relieve the tension.
“What?” Rainbow said asking like she didn’t know what she said was just wrong.


“Hey, hey, hey Twilight? Since you’re the Princesses daughter does that mean you’re like a thousand years old?” Pinkie Pie said bouncing over to her.
“Ah, no, I’m 23,” Twilight said dumbfounded. “Do I look a thousand?” she added suddenly worried.
The rest of the group seemed happy to laugh at Rainbow Dash putting her hoof in her mouth once again and Pinkie being absurd. The mares settled back down as they tied ribbons in their manes and straightened their dresses. The exception to that was an orange pony standing in the corner the talk of family seemed to get under her coat. A feeling of bitterness building inside her that she had been keeping to herself, a question she kept asking herself, until at that moment came blurting out, “How could you lie to us like that?”
The room which was filled with chatter until then quieted quickly as everyone looked to Applejack.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked, knowing that the five other ponies might have been feeling the same thing.

“Aye mean ly’n to us about your family like that? You’ve been a princess this whole time and you didn’t think you could trust us?” Applejack’s resentment filling her voice, “I mean we’d do anything for you, Twi, the librarian of Ponyville, our friend and you LIED to us.”

Twilight had been waiting for this, the conversation with the element of honesty churning in the back of her mind since the truth was revealed. “I never actually lied,” she said turning to her friend trying to hide the guilt in her eyes.

“How many times a day did you mention the princess? How many times have we seen you two together?” Applejack said. “Heck, we spent the whole of Hearths Warming Eve with you in the castle and you never once let on you were her daughter. You never once called her mother.”

“I never call her mother unless we are alone,” Twilight explained.

“And all that faithful student stuff she calls you,” Applejack cited.

“She is my teacher, and my mother, and the whole teacher student thing has been our way of showing affection, like nicknames, when we are in public,” Twilight tried to explain without getting upset.

“Hiding the truth is still lying Twi,” Applejack snorted. “An you know how I feel about lying.”

The others had been shocked into silence at the sudden outburst, each curious to here the answer to the questions that have been bugging them too.

“Applejack, girls your friendship means the world to me. How do you think things would have been if you had known? Do you think we’d have gone on the adventures we’ve had or you’d call me out when I’m being unreasonable if you’d known. Do you think you’d have forced me to eat 128 different apple confections when we first met? ,” Twilight explained her ears beginning go lay flat and her eyes beginning to moisten, “Things shouldn’t chance just because you know I’m a princess.”

Rarity seeing one friend angry and one friend on the verge of tears decided to be the voice of reason that AJ normally was.

“Applejack, do you think it would have been wise for all of Equestria, not to mention the world at large, to know that a young princess was living alone in the Ponyville library unguarded?” Rarity reasoned.

“I guess not,” Applejack stubbornly agreed.

“I would have missed out on you and your family and life in Ponyville if anyone had known,” Twilight reasoned.

“So, what was the real reason you came to Ponyville? If you don’t mind me asking, because it’s okay if you don’t want to answer?” Fluttershy asked.

“I was there to oversee the summer sun celebration,” Twilight said, “and was told by my mother to make friends. I’m the same socially awkward filly you’ve all know to grow and love, I just have a title.”

“Oh, and wings!” Pinkie added.

The look in Applejacks eyes began to tell the others she was beginning to understand. Applejack may not have been ready to completely forgive Twilight but was ready to begin to understand.

“Knock-knock-knock”

“Princess,” a deep voice called from the other side of the door.

“Come in,” Twilight called. “Oh, and Rarity I wasn’t completely unguarded.”

The oak door opened and a large reptile the size of a stallion, wearing the dress whites of an officer in the palace guard, walked in on all fours.

“You ready Twilight?” he said nodding to the ladies in the room.

“Yep, I think we’re just about there,” she said, “Thanks Spike.” Rarity turned to see a very handsome purple and green dragon then felt as though all the oxygen had been taken out of the room and everything went BLACK.

* * * *

Rarity began to stir awake within moments of her swooning, but the sensation around her was different than the one she was used too. She normally felt the cool soft cushions of her magically summoned fainting couch, but this wasn’t the case. The feeling surrounding her was warm and firm and moving? The white unicorn batted her long eyelashes as she began to wake only to see she was several feet off the ground and surrounded by a purple sequined blanket, “Wait, check that, it’s much too solid to be a blanket and who would commit such a sin against fashion to cover a blanket in sequins?” She turned her head to see Twilight and then the girls, jaws hanging open as she floated by them then turned to see her head to see what she now could tell was a mass of shiny green scales. “Whaa, whaaa?” she managed to say.

“Hello, fair Rarity,” a voice deep voice came from a face with a pair of emerald green eyes.

“Dragon!” her pony instincts shouted and she began to squirm.

“Yes, I am,” Spike said with a toothy smile not holding her firm and not letting her squirm free and fall from his arms to the floor.

“Down! Down!” she said and the drake obeyed her command and placed her down on Twilights bed.

“It’s okay Rarity. It’s only Spike,” Twilight said walking up next to the dragon at the foot of the bed.

“No, no, no, Spikey Wikey is a little guy, all be it with a huge heart but, he’s only a child,” Rarity said shaking her head attempting to put the pieces of her world back together.

“Well he is, how about I explain,” Twilight said taking a deep breath and looking around at all the confused ponies in the room.

“Spike has not only been my number one assistant in Ponyville, but he’s also been my body guard,” Twilight began. “Mother cast a spell on him to make him appear half his age, so we wouldn’t send Ponyville in to a panic when we landed to work on the summer sun celebration.”

“If Twilight had been in mortal danger the spell would have been automatically broken and I would have grown to the size I am now,” Spike added. “Let me tell you it was frustrating at times wondering what the spell actually considered life threatening.”

“I could have broken the spell myself at anytime,” she clarified.

“But, having the physical fortitude of an Alicorn means she’s made from pretty sturdy stuff,” Spike added with a chuckle.

“So, you really are Spikey Wikey?” Rarity asked again.

“Yes, fair lady Rarity I am?” he said with a bow. “Prince Warmheart Everfree as always, at your service.”

“Pa- pa- pa- prince?” Rarity asked wide eyed.

“Yes, do you think I’ve been calling him my little brother as a term of endearment all this time? He’s adopted of course, but he is officially a member of the royal family,” Twilight added.

“Yea, cousin Blueblood wasn’t too happy about that,” Spike said.

“Oh my Goddess! Oh my Goddess! I’ve been having a prince do manual labor for me,” Rarity exclaimed. “I’ve had his royal claws digging in the dirt on my behalf… please forgive me,” she leaps forward kissing his claws where they rested on the edge of the bed. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, don’t banish me, and think about Sweetie Belle, if not for me for her. She’d have to leave Ponyville and move to Trottingham with our parents.”

Spike chuckled then lowered his head to look in her eyes royal blue eyes, “I’m never happier, than when I’m helping you Lady Rarity,” the long corners of his scale covered muzzle turning up into a smile.

“Really?” she said in astonishment still trying to take in all that has happened.

“Yes, really,” he said.

“Ah, Twi? This is nice and all, with these two love birds, but don we git a crowning to git too?” Applejack interrupted the moment.

“Yeah, I guess we do,” Twilight said with a sheepish giggle. “And you owe me 5 bits,” Twilight smiled at her protector and adoptive brother.

“I know, I know, I should have never bet on Rare’s not fainting,” he said bumping his sister’s shoulder.

Author's Note:

I have to say, getting the voices of the characters right is hard. But, I think I got them right. I also love the dynamic that will emerge between Spike and Rarity. The next few chapters will seem slightly slice of life, but hang on the last half of the story turns a little dark and adventurous. If you have corrections and edits please leave them in the comments. I know that my grammar is not the best and River can catch only so many. I also have to say almost a hundred views, WOW!