• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 1,083 Views, 14 Comments

Wish of a Princess - Tales Trails



Friendship and Love aren't the only magic in Equestria for sometimes a heart felt wish can literally reshape the world.

  • ...
11
 14
 1,083

The Unveiling of a Secret

PANIC rushed through the minds of five friends simultaneously as the magic they wielded came alive and began pouring untold amount of energy into the star shaped element of magic, and their friend Twilight Sparkle.
“What’s happening?” Applejack said to herself in shock.
“Twilight!” Rainbow Dash shouted but couldn’t be heard.
“Wha? Ohmygosh!whatshappening?IwassohappyandnowI’mconfused,” Pinkie thought as a pile of words entered her mind.
“I’m so scared, I can’t move, I’m going to faint,” Fluttershy said.
“Twilight, Twilight, Twilight what can I do?” Rarity thought with her magic trying to contact her friend at the center of the rushing beams of light.
“I’m not turning to stone, that’s a relief. I can feel the magic all around me. My skin is tingling, must be a static build up due to the atmospheric disturbance caused by the use of the elements. I can feel the reservoir of my magic filling, oh this feels, good. But, why is it happening? I didn’t call on the power of Harmony. Wait. It must have been Starswirls spell. Ah, I’ll be able to do all sorts of spells with this much power. I’ll be the greatest magician since Starswirl the Bearded. What’s that? Okay that’s a little too much. I can’t keep absorbing it. I should release some send it harmlessly away into the sky. Problem, Sparkle, your inside. You can send it out the window. The window is closed Sparkle. It will just have to break, wouldn’t be the first time there’s been a whole in my house. Okay, release in 3,2,1. Okay, nothing happing Sparkle. One more time, don’t panic. 3,2,1. Uh-oh. Nothing. Don’t panic, don’t panic, don’t panic, you can feel the power beginning to flow over your dam, oh this is not good. I could burn up. I could blow up. Girls! They’ve got to get out of here! Oh Faust! To late here it comes, and this day was shaping up to be fine. Goodbye.”
The pull of the crystals around their necks is so great not even the strongest ponies among them Applejack and Rainbow Dash are able to pull away and shut down the flow of their innate individual magic from their souls. The uncontrolled energy focused from their bodies through the crystals around their neck firing across the room. The streams of energy, some have called weaponized friendship, has helped the close friends defeat some of the most dangerous threats to their home Equestria and now it was out of control. A sudden flash blinding flash of light forcing them to squeeze their eyes shut fills the rooms and then nothing but a star shaped scorch mark on the library floor.
“TWILIGHT!!!!!!” shouted Rainbow Dash falling to her haunches and running her hooves through her multicolored mane.

“What did we dooo?” Pinkie asked rushing to the spot where Twilight Sparkle stood.

“Ah, jus don know?” Applejack said a tear welling up in her eye out of frustration.

“I think we vaporized her,” Rainbow cried.

“WHAT?!” Spike shouted in shock. “What did you do to Twilight?”

“I don’t know,” Rainbow cried defensively. “Do you? You’ve been around more spell casting than me.”

“I don’t know. We need the princess?” Spike said the small dragon beginning to panic over the well being over his adoptive sister. “We need here now! The train will take hours. What if we don’t have that long? Rainbow you need to fly to Canterlot as fast as you can and get help.”

Rainbow crouched ready to take off. “Hold on there partner,” Applejack said placing a calming hoof on Rainbow Dashes shoulder.

“But?” Dash said with a confused look.

“Spike, you should send a letter with that fire thing you do,” Applejacks calming voice of reason said referring to the ability of the dragon to burn a message and it be instantly sent to Princess Celestia where ever she happened to be.”

“Right!” Spike said running over to a desk to grab a quill and right down a hurried message. “TWILIGHT! INSINERATED! MAGIC! HELP! “ before he sent it away in a puff of green fire and smoke.

“Fluttershy, are you okay dear?” Rarity said helping the butter colored pegsus of the ground after her fainting spell. Fluttershy’s only response was a squeak that sounded like, Twilight’s gone, and then broke down into tears.

“I don’t think she’s gone,” Rarity said closing her eyes and channeling magic through her horn to feel the auras surrounding her, and not feeling the dissipated feeling of someone who’s past on, but simply a void.

“Ah don think she’s gone either,” said Applejack looking at the mark on the floor. “I’d just know it in my bones, if she was gone.”

“Then what happened to her?” Pinkie asked her mane beginning to go limp. “We were so happy. We were back to normal.”



“I don’t know dear. But, I know she’s not, not, um… gone. She’s just not here,” Rarity said stroking Fluttershy’s pink mane trying to comfort her.

“Hey, you’re right Rare,” Rainbow said. “The elements project magic, right?”

“Yes dear, the powerful innate magic in all of us, the magic strengthened by our bond of friendship,” Rarity explained.

“Well, Then Twilight is fine. She is the element of magic, she is the strongest magic user in Equestria, other than the princesses,” Rainbow sounding like her confident old self again and beginning to hover with her wings instead of walking.

“Well, did she teleport?” Fluttershy asked finally regaining control of her emotions.

“I’m not sure, dear,” Rarity said shaking her head. She just didn’t know. “I’m a unicorn and can tell some things, by sensing the magical auras surrounding ponies but, I’m not a magic user likeTwilight. I just don’t have the skill. I can tell you though, that Twilight has an aura around her as bright as Celestia’s sun and I’ve never seen somepony’s aura that strong so if that had been… dispersed. I could sense it.” The white unicorn said doing everything she could to avoid saying anything related to the word death.

“Hey everybody what’s that?” Pinkie said pointing her hoof towards the window.
“What do you think happened?” Rose Quartz asked looking back from the window of the library to the golden colored pony standing next to her in a bush.

“I think they incinerated her,” Golden Leaf said with a shocked and confused look.

“We’ve been watching her and her friends for months. I don’t think they’d up and kill her,” Rose Quartz said brushing her dark red mane from her eyes. “But, if they did the queen won’t be happy.”

“Twilight Sparkle would be dead. How would that not make her happy?” she said.

“She wants to be the one to do it,” Rose Quartz said. “She wants Celestia to know it was her too.”

“Well, then what do you think happened?” Golden Leaf said trying to get a better look.

“A teleport?” Rose Quartz reasoned. “I hope she isn’t dead because the Queen will take it out on us.”

“And beside, I’m not ready to leave Ponyville just yet,” Golden Leaf said turning her head back to the quiet streets of the town.

“Yeah, I know what you mean,” Rose Quartz said. “I haven’t felt so alive and full since we got this assignment.”

“Hide!” Golden Leaf said.

The two pegasi scrambled out of the bush away from the window and up into the branches of the tree. The two ponies didn’t move from the cover of the branches as the sky filled with light and the ponies from inside of the library came bursting through the door onto the streets.

The six occupants of the Library rushed to the window to see a new star in the sky casting a purple light across the sky. They exited the library staring at the star in the sky as it seemed to grow closer and closer the brilliant purple light taking pushing away the dark of night in Ponyville.

The light began to fade as the friends eyes began to adjust to the diming light. A wave of relief washed over each of the ponies, for standing in the middle of founders square, was their Twilight Sparkle or so they thought. At the mention of their friends name she looked up at them and smiled unconsciously flaring her newly acquired wings to the shock of her friends.

The group of friends rushed around the transformed Twilight Sparkle commenting about her new found ability to fly and that she now appears to be an alicorn.

“You look like a princess,” gushed Fluttershy.

“That’s because she is a princess . . . ” Celestia the Princess and ruler of Equestria managed to say before being interrupted by Pinkie Pie who pulled out of Pinkie knows where a glass of water and felt the need to do an obligatory spit-take.

“Ooooh,” group said as they took in the information.
“and as I was saying… she always has been,” the Princess said causing a second moment of shock and Pinkie pulling a second glass out of nowhere for a second spit-take.

“You’re a princess?” Rarity exclaimed, “One of my best friends is a Princess!!!!” her inner voice squee’d.

“I knew you were special Twilight, I just didn’t realize how much,” said Applejack feeling a since of pride.

“Hey, hey, hey hold on a second? How?” Rainbow Dash said waving her hooves to get Twilights attention just before the third, great shock of the evening was uttered.

“I am so proud of you my daughter,” Celestia said to the astonishment of all.

The world seemed to stop around the ponies in the square as they tried to understand what they had just heard. The only movement was that of Applejack slapping a third glass out of Pinkies hoof before getting a third shower in as many minutes.

“I love you mother,” Twilight smiled up at the regal white alicorn and jumped into a hug wrapping her hooves around her willing to ignore the deceptions of the past rest even if only for the moment.

“Horsefeather!” Rose Quartz exclaimed under her breath as the two hid in a nearby bush. “She’s a freaking Princess, a freaking alicorn for that matter.”

“How in Equestria are we going to overpower an alicorn and take her to the back to the Queen?” Golden Leaf said in shock and dismay.

“I think we need to contact the Queen and until then we need to bide our time and wait for her to be alone,” Rose Quartz said.

“We’re going to have to wait for her to leave Ponyville, alone,” she said to her compatriot.

“I guess we get our wish and get to stay here a little longer,” Rose said as she sunk down onto her haunches realizing that they couldn’t do much more tonight with Celestia standing right there in the middle of Ponyville.

“What!?” Golden Leaf said quickly covering her mouth with her hooves.

“Did she just say what I think she said?” Rose Quartz’s eyes growing large.

“I think Twilight just called Celestia Mom,” Golden Leaf said.

“We defiantly need to inform our Queen now,” Rose Quartz said realizing their mission to kidnap and deliver Twilight Sparkle to their queen for execution.

Author's Note:

Yep, a little Momlestia in this story. I love that dynamic. Oh, and bonus points if you get where the names Rose Quartz and Golden Leaf were inspired from.