• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 2,237 Views, 29 Comments

Adagio Dazzle: Girl on the Streets - Tennis Match Fan



Newly banished to the human world, the Dazzlings have to find money for food. Adagio is out on the streets when she meets a boy who sees through her disguise.

  • ...
7
 29
 2,237

How Adagio Wound Up in the Horrible Place

I woke up to the sounds of rain tapping on my window.

"Stupid rain," I grumbled. "Stupid life." As I got up, I realized that it wasn't rain.

"Open up, Miss Dazzle!" A guard shouted. "Princess Cadence demands your presence immediately."

"What?" I replied in shock. I cantered over to let them in. As soon as I pulled open the door, however, one of the several guards awaiting me grabbed my hoof.

"What the buck is this?" I yelled as he tugged me along. One of the younger guards, an orange Pegasus, explained, "We have been instructed to keep an eye on you, Miss Dazzle. Princess Cadence will deal with you."

"I didn't do anything!" I snapped at him.

"Quiet!" the guard towing me roared. I shut my mouth and glared at the back of his shiny crystal head. I had been around the palace enough to know these ponies meant business.

Now, what did I do? I tried to think of something that would be worthy of Cadence's attention. When me and Aria convinced those vendors to hoof over some crystal honeycombs for free? Hey, we were hungry? Or that time when Sonata and I-

"Aargh!" I was caught off guard when the guard suddenly stopped. I barely avoided stumbling into him.

"Presenting Miss Adagio Dazzle!" the orange Pegasus announced. I rolled my eyes.

"Adagio." I hadn't really noticed Princess Cadence sitting on her throne until she spoke. I quickly bowed.

"Your majesty," I said in a humble tone. "Why exactly did a horde of guards storm into my room and carry me here?" I wasn't sure if I wanted her to laugh or not, but she didn't.

"I think you know why you're here," Cadence replied calmly.

"No, I do not," I retorted, remembering at the last moment I was talking to a royal and this probably would not help matters.

"For realzies you guys? Put me down!" I cringed as I heard Sonata's high-pitched voice ring our through the crystal corridors. I slowly turned to see my friend (is she really a friend? I'm not sure) being set down on the floor by some guards.

"Adagio!" She exclaimed upon seeing me. "These meanie guards just barged in and took me! I put up a good fight though!" I rolled my eyes again.

"Oh hello, Princess!" Sonata added, quickly bowing. "What brings us to your humble abode?" She giggled, and I rolled my eyes again.

A few seconds later, Aria was dragged in by her tail.

"What did we do this time?" She asked in her brooding voice.

"As far as I know, we're innocent," I told her, casting a meaningful glare at Cadence. The pink alicorn seemed immune to my gaze.

"Last night, there was an attempted robbery of the Crystal Heart," Cadence stated solemnly. As she spoke, she approached us. "When the Crystal Heart could not be stolen, the thief, or thieves, resorted to the theft of several powerful artifacts." Princess Cadence looked us in the eye, one by one. "Emerald Glaze, present the evidence, if you will."

"Certainly." I watched a buff stallion emerge from the shadows. He wore a crystal jacket and a crystal hat that mad whim look like a detective.

"These hairs," he began, producing three rather long hairs from his jacket, "were found at the scene of the crime." I gaped at this "evidence." One of the hairs was orange and rather frizzy. The second was a sky blue color, and the third was plum purple.

Just like our manes, I realized.

"Heeeey," Sonata said, stepping up to Emerald Glaze. "That looks like my hair!"

"Ugh." I watched Aria facehoof.

"Princess Cadence, I swear on Celestia's kingdom that I did not steal these artifacts!" I pleaded. "Have you not considered the fact that we were framed?" Cadence shook her head.

"Several of my citizens reported that you are... not very nice," she said. "Power hungry. Rude. I did not wish to believe such things, but these artifacts are very important. As you no doubt know, they are very powerful. Adagio Dazzle, tell me what you have done with them." She glared at me.

"We didn't take anything, Princess," Aria interrupted. Cadence sighed.

"If you three aren't willing to talk, well then, there's some place I can send you where the artifacts are useless." Princess Cadence stared at me, and I felt as if her gaze pierced into my heart. And I knew one thing for sure: wherever she sent us, I would find my way back and get revenge.

~

Captain Planet and I sat on a bench as I recounted the story of how I came to be here. Aria and Sonata had left to find a fast food place. Surprisingly enough, Captain Planet (or just Cap) was taking this all well. If I were him, I would think I was crazy.

"That's too bad about the artifacts, Adagio," he told me. "Will ya ever be able to get back home?" I started at my hands. I still wasn't completely used to them.

"I don't know," I answered. "Maybe. Maybe I'll stay here forever, with Aria and Sonata, too." I crossed my arms so I didn't look like a weak, scared, filly.

"Hey, if you have to, it ain't so bad here," Cap reassured me. "You'll make friends." I opened my mouth to respond, but Sonata and Aria reappeared at that moment, each holding greasy paper bags that no doubt held food.

"Adagio has a boyfriend!" Sonata singsonged, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"What? Absolutely not!" I stood up abruptly, crossing my arms and glaring at her.

"Shut up, Sonata," Aria muttered.

"You be quiet!" Sonata snapped back.

As they bickered, I couldn't stop a teensy smile from forming on my mouth. With Cap around, along with the reassuring sound of Aria and Sonata constantly going at it, I wasn't so sure this would be horrible after all.

Comments ( 15 )

>inb4 prostitution
>inb4 can't inb4

Hmm, interesting alternate backstory for the Dazzlings. :pinkiehappy:

5025164
Yep, I love it!!!:pinkiehappy::heart:

Hmmm... *writes down a new item on list of ships* :pinkiecrazy:

5025318 I guess I need to fix that :D

Ooh Adagio has a boyfriend

5083541 I don't know why I ship it, but it's one of my favorites. :derpytongue2:

5084912 It's cool although I'm the main star of it Jk lol. Keep making more and more chapters plz.

5085105 Do you think I should do more? I'm not much of a Romance writer. :applejackunsure:

5085188 of course you should. I love romance

5085206 Okay. Maybe I'll try to write a little romance story in the next couple days. :pinkiesmile: :twilightsmile:

5085385 for realzies?

Do you wanna be my friend?

5085467 Of course for both! I'd love to be your friend! :pinkiehappy: :pinkiesmile: :twilightsmile:

5093656 Hey, I didn't come up with the name! :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment