• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 628 Views, 11 Comments

Swapped Sides - JetWave Wavewind



It was an average Saturday for Jack as he lounged at home. And yes, this is one of those stories where a human goes to Equestria. Written between seasons 2 & 3 and only roughly edited for spelling for grammar

  • ...
13
 11
 628

Prolouge

The day started off as any ordinary day would have. I woke up, took a quick shower, well.... MY definition of a quick shower anyways; got dressed and plopped right back in bed and got on the computer.

My name is Jack, by the way. My room is decently sized with my hats hanging wherever I could find a spot and has a window that looks out to a bradford-pear tree that I climb sometimes in my boredom or when I wanna read a good book. Around noon, I started to get kinda bored of just derping around on the internet. So I shut down my computer and walked outside to climb my tree. It was a nice sunny day out so I stayed up there for a while just reflecting on how things were in the world.


The day stared off as any other day would have. I got up at the crack of dawn, jumped into the lake that was underneith where I decided to build my house to wake myself up and waited for my marefriend to come help me turn some of the water into steam so I could re make the cloud stairs that some jerk pegasi had busted up while I was sleeping. As I was paddling around in the lake, I saw her start to come down the path. I dove under water and when she got to the edge of the lake. When she came up to the bank I jumped up out of the water and splashed her. She screamed as she tried to block some of the water from her face to no avail, I had gotten a direct hit on her.

"Jeez, JetWave!! You almost gave me a heart attack!" She said as I started laughing.

"Aha.. sorry bout that, but you think you'd have gotten accustomed to me splashing you somehow every time you come out here in the mornings"

"You're lucky I still come out here seeing as how you do something like this every morning..." She said in fake irritation.

"I'm also lucky to have a marefriend who is willing to put up with my antics and still be seen in public with me" I said as I trotted out of the water and sided up next to her.

"It helps when she's almost as weird as you" She said with a giggle as she nuzzled my cheek. "Now c'mon, those stairs of yours aren't going to build themselves" She said as she walked into the water to start making it steam. Me being my cheeky self, I came up from behind and pushed her in.

"JetWave!!"

"Ahahahahaha!!!!" I guaffed as a sphere of water was dropped on my head, leaving me soaked and my marefriend laughing.

"Oh, it is ON now!" I said as I pounced on her.

We played around for awhile before getting any actual work done, and even then that was full of play as every now and then I would smash a steam step into her face and cause her to flinch as it harmlessly dissipated around her and she would throw an orb of water she had been forming in secret at me. When we finally finished she said that Bon-Bons coltfriend was in town and that we were welcome to join them on a double date this weekend.

"I'd love to!" I exclaimed.

"Great!" She said just as her watch started beeping. "Ugh, I have to go.. Band practice."

"Awwww, ok.. Maybe this year you'll be able to play at the gala with octavia."

"That would be fun, even though the lyre dosen't get as loud as the chello."

"It's still just as beautiful though." I said as I nuzzled up beside her, causing her to giggle and nuzzle back. We were interupted by her watch beeping again.


"Yeah, yeah, I know. Shut up already!" She yelled at her watch. "See you tomorrow JetWave!"

"Bye Lyra!" I said as she ran off back towards town.


After I had been up in my tree for awhile, I decided that I should probally go ahead and climb down, but I missplaced my foot and started to fall. It wasn't a very long fall, it was rather short actually; but I was falling head-first so I figured I would end up with a sprained neck or shoulder from the impact. I hadn't closed my eyes yet because I don't fall very often and I always find the entire sensation kind of neat, unless it's from leaning back in a chair to far and thinking that you're about to die of course.


After Lyra had left, spent most of the day working on my cloud garden. Of course being on a cloud kinda limits what you can grow in a garden so I was mostly just changing what the wind had done to change it back to how I had originally had it. As I stepped back to look at my work, I took a step to far back and fell off the edge of my cloud.

It was moments like this that I was glad that I had built my house over a lake that way I wouldn't get hurt when I hit the water. But this time I never hit the water.

I fell through some kind of hole that held my house outlined in the sky in it. As I looked around where I was falling at, I noticed I was in some sort of tube, the walls of which were some sort of swirling black and grey ether; with another hole at the other end that was looking up at a tree. I seemed to be heading closer to the hole that had the tree in it and when I got to about the mid-way point of the tube, I saw the strangest of creatures. It looked like a monkey, but it didn't have any hair except on top of its head and was wearing clothes, certiantly not anything I've seen a monkey wear; and he was too tall to be a monkey and didn't have a tail, maybe it was a gorilla? I didn't have time to think on it for long because we passed each other only briefly and a split second later I hit the other hole and everything went white....


The world around me was upside-down and the ground was quickly taking up most of my field of vision. Natural reaction had caused me to blink when I was about to hit the ground, though instead of seeing red flashes against the black background of my eyelids that one would normally see after an impact; I saw that I was floating on the inside of what seemed to be a swirling cylinder of black and white ether with portals at each end. One, that I presumed I had just fallen through; showed the tree I just fell out of as if you were laying on your back and looking up at it. The portal at the other end showed a brilliant blue sky with the puffiest clouds that you've ever seen floating across it with one that I could have sworn looked exactly like a house.

It seemed that I was moving towards the one with the clouds and away from the one with the tree. Once I neared what seemed to be the mid-way point between the two portals I thought I saw another body floating towards me, it wasn't human by any means, it seemed to be that of an.. equine? Nah, surely not. This equine had a hazy blue color coat, mud-orange mane and tail with golden highlights on the tail, big blue eyes, and I daresay he was wearing a fedora. I didn't get a good look at him because we were going in opposite directions at rather decent speeds and I didn't have time to think of him much afterwards because it wasn't too long after he was gone that I hit the portal with the clouds and everything went white....