• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 5,384 Views, 100 Comments

War Thunder - cellum95



The ponies will have terror from our battling aviation friends.

  • ...
8
 100
 5,384

Prologue-Skies over Wonderbolt Academy

Author's Note:

Here it is, War Thunder, the official sequel to World of Tanks!

Any form of friendly advices will be welcomed. Also, there would be some time if I could declare any one of you guys to write a Special Chapter....if possible.

(Note: This is the first time I used both F.P.O.V and T.P.O.V so bear with me if my skills are crap.
Sorry if there are no ground offensive yet here, because the Academy in my perspective is small.)

-Spitfire's P.O.V-

Beautiful night in this week isn't it? You know, the signal to rest for a good, exercise in the academy, training the new recruits, and some rest next day. Well, that's what I know in the days what I am expecting. However, the days that I know before were more or less security. Ever since those......'steel-killing machines' happened to attack the town of Ponyville, I was a little worried that Rainbow Dash, the new recruit, was hurt in the process.

But that was I thought it would be. Sooner or later I received word that RD was still alive. It was the first time I panicked in years and sighed in relief also. However, I'm still worried that these 'machines' would come here and make the Academy their killing grounds.

But it didn't happen. I was so I'm confused. There is solid ground here in the Academy, but why not here? It didn't matter anyway. I'm receiving news of the repetitive cycle in Ponyville. The 'machines' will go appear out of nowhere, kill each other, and then disappear. I always have this news everyday after training the new recruits.

However, there were two news that shook me with fear. The first news that I read about was the Manehattan Incident, were the 'machines' are fighting in one of the most grandest city in Equestria. My mind said to me it was impossible, but my eyes tell me that it was true. I don't know how am I gonna react to this. I said to myself:

'Please that those ponies there are safe.'

The citizens of Manehattan are safe heard, and again I relaxed a bit, only to find out a second news that almost want to slap myself for being in my desk for so long.

The Canterlot Incident.

Normally, any incident in the capital would be facing the Royal Guards. But, as I read the news, I was shocked that they didn't do anything to stop them! What's worse, the 'machines' also fought inside the city! Are those guys stupid?! They should have closed the door for Luna's sake!

But then again, those 'machines' are made out of steel so no sword or arrow to hurt those things. I feel angry, I feel stupid, I feel.....scared. I have so many questions that scarred me pertaining to those 'machines'.

'I hope they would not come here.' I thought, just trying myself to be calm and collected for tomorrow.

-Next Day, T.P.O.V-

It was 3:00 AM in the clock, too early for anypony to wake up. However, there was one pony who can do it. Captain of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire. She was half-awake and half-sleepy, so she has to rub her eyes to wash of the feeling of sleepiness.

"Damn my waking hour." She cursed, rising up from her bed. She then needs to pick up her bed, which is easier with her wings, that look to shine with the sun. She make her way to the kitchen to have herself some breakfast. Her breakfast was more or less typical, cereal with a cup of coffee.

Spitfire sat on her chair in the dining room, eating her breakfast. She was just as angry with paperwork the whole time to contend with work. She was just eating her breakfast when she look up, seeing a piece of paper attached to clipboard. It reads:

"CANTERLOT INCIDENT: THE STORY"

This single piece paper would make her stop eating, just thinking of what might happen if she was there, instead of comforting herself that these 'machines' will not appear in Canterlot. She slouched at her chair, pondering of this day now.

'I wish that this nightmare would stop. It's making me to go spiral in the abyss of insanity.' She thought to herself, shrugging it and then return to her breakfast. After she was done eating her cereal and her coffee, she goes to the sink to wash them. Spitfire wasn't the type of mare to leave any dirt, but if she does, then she would have a ginormous pile of rubbish to clean.

After washing the dishes, and wearing her Wonderbolt uniform, she flies off. With the hope that this day will never be horrific like last year.

-Spitfire P.O.V, Wonderbolt Academy-

It was natural for me to get early here. It was not because I need 'my' time but because of maintenance check, cleaning the Academy and of course, natural paperwork. I'm more of a hard-working mare type. First off, maintenance check. With the mechanics in sleep, I have to check the machines myself for them to be in top shape.

Normally, my maintenance check is more of quick glance and then go to the cleaning session. But since it's so early, I have to check the machines carefully. I have to tell if there's any cracks in machines. Seeing there's none, I happily trot towards cleaning session. Cleaning is a part where I excelled in. I have to make sure that this place is spot on.

'Nothing more than the cleanliest place in Equestria.' Believe me, it was just a brag from brain anyway. As I sweep the floor, I heard something towards the Academy. It was like coming from two directions. Looking at the east, I was horrified.

Normally, I would look up just to see Luna's moon and stars. But now, I could some.....flying 'machines' towards the Academy. Like the ground 'machines' before them, they have weird names. One of them carry the name 'Spitfire Mk. IX'......my name but why with Mk. IX? However, as I look at the other side it was the same story. Flying machines are heading towards the Academy. I don't why, but something was attracting here.

However, as soon as I wrapped my head of the situation here, all of them blazed each other. To kill each other. To....best the other. I have a feeling it was dominance. But the skies above me now is a fighting ground, all while spitting....something. As look up, I didn't noticed that one of them actually landed in the Academy. But the one that is swooping down like a fast pegasus got out of my reverie, and killed the one that actually was in the air strip. However, as I look up again, I saw a diamond with a big letter A in it....and it's completely blue.

Not only that, I could some kind of line with the colors blue and red....and the latter was draining from it's position. It was terrifying, it was horrific, it was....beautiful. I don't how I classify this as beautiful, but something about the carnage speaks of dominance and bravery. I only watched as this carnage continue, caring nothing about anything else other than this.


It was over. The fight was over and I could resume my cleaning session. After all, I don't want this place dirty. However, the carnage was still playing in my mind. How did I survived from all that carnage? I'm still confused by this, but still I sweep the floor thinking about it....and the future.

"What will happen now?"