• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 7,214 Views, 869 Comments

From Humans, to Cryptids, to... Ponies? - TLP



(A CoD: Ghosts Extinction Crossover.) After activating the Medusa device, Godfather's Rapid Reaction Force wake up in a place that is not San Diego. With no Cryptids for once, but there's something odd about this place...

  • ...
28
 869
 7,214

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: Someone's Gonna Cut 'Em Down

Author's Note:

Short chapter, very short for my terms. But in the next chapter, you guys will see what the next vehicle will be added!

Nikolai: Will it be a truck full of vodka?

L.P: .... Seriously?

Meanwhile, in another Universe...




Marcus put his IPhone away as he asked Rainbow Dash a question. "So how big is your 'Rain-Nuke'"? He asked, trying to stifle a laugh at her shocked facial expression. Rainbow then shook her head and brought herself back to reality.

"Huh? Oh.. sorry. What was the question?" She asked.

"How big is your 'Rain-Nuke?'" Marcus repeated his question.

"Oh! It's about.. well, I destroyed Applejack's old barn with it about a week ago when Twilight went a bit crazy.." She said, tapping a hoof on her chin.

"Hey!" Twilight said from the other cabin. Marcus and the girls laughed, then Rainbow continued.

"Still, I have to admit. My Rain-Nuke is nowhere near as big as that 'Tsar Bomba' thing!" She said, using her hoofs to make an explosion like someone would do with their hands. Marcus chuckled as her little move as he stood up and walked to Jackson, who was leaning back on the wall, listening to his music with his earbuds. Jackson then turned to Marcus' direction and flipped him of with a smirk. Marcus returned his gesture with his own, flipping him off with both hands as he leaned next to Jackson, who still had a shit eating grin.

The girls watched their antics in confusion, but decided to ask later as they started trotting towards the cabin to join the other girls and engage in a conversation.

Jackson and Marcus watched as they disappeared behind the door into the other cabin. Jackson then took off his earbuds and turned to Marcus. "So? What did you and Rainbow do while you were in her house?" He asked. Marcus blushed a bit, but Jackson didn't notice since he was still wearing his Ghost mask.

Marcus turned to Jackson and replied. "Nothing much. She just showed me around, where I'd be sleeping, y'know, the usual shit. Oh, and we arm-wrestled."

Jackson raised an eyebrow. "Really? Who won?" He asked.

Marcus smirked and pointed a thumb at himself. Jackson chuckled, but Marcus continued. "But seriously dude, she's fucking strong as hell. Nearly as much as me. We kept teetering and tottering for about seven minutes!"

Jackson's eyes widened. "Damn. That strong? Shit, at least you won. That would've broken your streak." He said as he put his earbuds back into his ears.

"Yeah. Being a Marine has its perks." Marcus said.

"Yeah. Oo-rah." Jackson replied, giving Marcus a fist-bump as he leaned back to the wall, listening to his music. Even though he was from the East Coast, he still had respect for the West Coast, since Marcus was from California. Every once in a while when they were stationed in Syria, they would have rap battles against each other. Nothing too competitive, but damn was it fun.

Marcus then pushed himself off the wall, turned around, and looked out the window. "Oh shit. We're in a desert?" He said in surprise.

"Yessir. This is where Appleloosa is at!" A female voice with a southern accent spoke behind him. Marcus turned back around, noticing Applejack trotting towards him and Jackson. "Also where mah cousin Braeburn lives!"

Marcus smiled and nodded, turning around and noticing a medium-size town. Like something he'd see back in the Wild West. "Is that Appleloosa there?" He asked. Applejack then got on her hind legs and looked out the window besides Marcus.

"Yep that's Appleloosa right there!" She said, confirming it enthusiastically.

"Alright then." Marcus then walked towards Jackson, tapped him on the shoulder, and handed him his M27-IAR. "Let's get packed up then."

Jackson nodded as he put his earbuds away and started gathering his stuff. Applejack ran back towards the other girls as the train halted to a stop. Marcus then picked up his Honey Badger and double checked his magazine.

"Alright. Let's get this over with." Marcus said as Jackson and the rest followed behind him. They walked into the cabin where the girls were waiting for them, and then followed along with them. Marcus then pulled out his IPhone and his own earbuds and scrolled through his playlist.

"You using that thing to watch another video?" Rainbow asked, watching him curiously.

"Nah, just putting on a song to fit the mood." Marcus opened the door and stepped out of the train, the heat hit him like a ton of bricks as he winced for a second. His squad did the same as they also stepped outside.

"Damn.. feels just like Afghanistan.." Kayla said, as she grunted, adjusting the ghillie suit hanging from her shoulder.

"Yeah, ain't it just?" Thompson said, chuckling.

"Alright. Applejack, can you lead us towards Braeburn?" He asked.

Applejack nodded. "Yeah, just follow me. Also, just ignore all the looks you get around here."

"It'll take some getting use to.." He thought sarcastically as he picked the perfect song for the location. He then rose the volume to '100' as they walked off the train station platform.

"You can run on, for a long time.
Run on for a long time.
Run on for a long time.
Sooner or later God'll cut you down.
Sooner or later God'll cut you down."

Marcus put his shades on as they walked down the steps and towards a small crowd. The ponies all gasped as Marcus just smirked and walked along.

"Go tell that long tongue liar.
Go and tell that midnight rider.
Tell the rambler,
The Gambler,
The back biter.."

Marcus then saw the ponies look up into the skies behind them, scream, and run off like cockroaches exposed to the light. Marcus paused the music as his curiosity took over and he looked to the skies behind him. He saw a huge dark purple black hole in the sky, then a loud bang.

"INCOMING!" Jackson shouted. Marcus then heard a loud buzzing sound, and the whining of an engine. He looked up again at the skies, and saw what he could've sworn was a AH-6 Little Bird helicopter. And it was flying towards them. They then ducked down as the helicopter flew over them, the rotors barley missing them as it swayed to the right, tilting and crashing into what seemed to be a sheriff's office. Screams were heard all around as smoke rose from what was left of the office, and the tail rotor stuck out from the roof.

"WHAT THE BUCK WAS THAT?!" Rainbow shouted as she looked around in shock and anger.

Marcus then turned to Twilight and asked her a question. "Do you guys have helicopters here?!"

Twilight looked at him confused. "What's a helicopter? That one thing you showed us in your flashback?"

Marcus mentally facepalmed as he nodded and stood up. he accidently pressed the 'play' button as he did so. The music started up again as Marcus faintly heard Johnny Cash through his hanging earbuds.

"Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down.
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down."

PreviousChapters Next