• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 7,206 Views, 869 Comments

From Humans, to Cryptids, to... Ponies? - TLP



(A CoD: Ghosts Extinction Crossover.) After activating the Medusa device, Godfather's Rapid Reaction Force wake up in a place that is not San Diego. With no Cryptids for once, but there's something odd about this place...

  • ...
28
 869
 7,206

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 1: This Looks Familiar...

Author's Note:

(As of July 5, 2017, this chapter has been updated and changed moderately.)

"It's all part of the plan...their plan, Marcus...not yours..."

...

....

....

....

....

Marcus opens his eyes, gasping for air as if he'd been underwater for a significant amount of time. He then immediately closed his eyes due to the brightness of the Sun.

"Wait...Sun?..." Marcus thought in confusion "...but we just...died?" He relaxed his breathing after a couple of minutes, rubbing his eyes to get a better look at his surroundings, keeping his hand above his eyes as he adjusted to the sunlight.

Groaning, he put his hands down and felt grass, making him look around frantically. He quickly realized that he was in a sort of field, with a very wide, dense forest all around him.

"What the...? Where the hell am I?" He asked to himself out loud. He looked down to see his right hand embedded deep into the grass. He jerked his hand away, leaving a palm print where his hand was. He sniffed the air, reminding him of summertime and the grass smelled as if it was cut recently.

"God damn my back hurts..." Marcus looked around again, cupping his hands alongside his mouth as he shouted, "Jackson? Kayla? Thompson? Anyone!"

After a couple of minutes with no response, he stretched his back, popping it a few times as he groaned in slight relief.

"That's better at least...." He though before looking upwards The sky was as blue as could be and completely devoid of clouds. Except for one oddly-shaped cloud. He looked closer at it, noticing what looked liked technicolor hair.

"Could've sworn I saw a rainbow behind that..." Marcus asked himself as he looked in front of him, noticing he had all his gear and weapons, his Remington rifle beside him.

He reached out for it and quickly inspected it, checking for any outer faults or issues. He looked back up at the cloud and aimed at it, both to check if his red dot sight was working and if he was really just seeing things.

"At least it works..." Marcus then reached for the rest of his weapons, making sure his KSG-12 was in working order, as well as his M1911 and his NX-1 Disruptor.

When he finished, he finally stood up, almost falling back down due to how numb his legs were, "A-ah, fuck..." He quickly looked down at himself and his arms, checking for any injuries he might have sustained. As soon as he finished, he checked his radio and turned it on.

"To...to anyone on this net, this is Marcus Ramirez, leader of CIF Team 1. I am in an unknown location...in a large field, surrounded by dense forest. Does anyone copy?"

As he pressed the button to hopefully get some sort of response, he was met with only pure static.

"Son of a..." Before he could finish, he noticed three very faint trails of smoke in the sky, all of which are coming from deep within the forest.

As Marcus approached the border of the eerie, dark forest, he spoke to himself quietly, "Please let it be them..." He brought out his Remington R-5 and switched the safety to semi-auto, double checking the magazine and turning on the mounted flashlight, before slowly making his way into the forest.

"...this looks familiar...heh. Now I'm really losing it." He smirked as he made his way through some vines and dead bushes. Suddenly, several howls echoed through the forest, not too far away from him. Marcus held the his grip on his R-5 tighter as he continued deeper into the forest...

...oblivious to the cloud following him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

...20 minutes earlier...

It was late morning when Rainbow Dash was out on a morning flight to stretch her wings and get ready for her Cloud Patrol duties. After clearing the skies near a field next to the Everfree Forest for practice, she heard four, very loud booms. She looked around frantically, thinking something blew up.

"What the?! W-wait...did somepony do a Sonic Rainboom?...nah...only I could do that. Unle-" Her thoughts were put on hold as a huge, light blue, dome-shaped wave of energy was speeding to her. She turned and started to fly away frantically, but opened her eyes to see that the wave had already passed her and had disappeared over the horizon.

"What the...woah...that was...actually pretty cool. But where did it come from?..." She turned around and saw 4 lines of smoke rising up towards the sky. She decided to fly to the one closest to her, which was right in the middle of the field she was just flying above.

Rainbow quickly flew back towards the area she was previously in and looked down with a look of utter confusion and awe.

"What the hay?...who...h-how did...what is that thing...?"

She looked down at what was causing the smoke. Right smack in the middle of the field was a weird creature that she's never seen in her life. The creature has two hindlegs and two forelegs, but he was sprawled out in an odd way. Plus, the area around it seemed normal, like nothing happened. No fire. No scorch marks. Nothing. Not even any injuries on the...creature, from what she could see anyway. Rainbow also noticed that it had some sort of clothing on it, black, gray and tan clothing to be exact, as well as having some sort of helmet with black tinted shades strapped around it, similar to hers. She looked to the left and saw a desert tan colored stick of some sort and a white, rectangular object, with a long, black bulky stick on its...backpack? Along with something she actually DID recognize..

..a huge, black-tinted knife. Which was about half the size of the spears the Royal Guard used.

Her curiosity was immediately taken over by an urge to confront and detain the creature, knowing that it was most likely dangerous. And she knew it wasn't an old regular kitchen knife, since it looked like it was made for close quarters combat.

Then she heard it gasp.

Rainbow yelped and looked around for a cloud. She spotted a single, slow moving cloud and flew towards it. She put her forelegs under the cloud and lifted it up to the sky, so nothing would look suspicious to the creature.

"Just give me one reason to buck you to Luna's Moon..." She mumbled as she saw the creature look around, confused. She noticed its face looked similar to a pony's. But was even more shocked at what happened next...

It spoke.

"What the...? Where the hell am I?"

Her jaw dropped, it spoke fluent Equestrian. She raised her jaw back up, and watched the creature, looking around at its surroundings, before it called out several somewhat strange names she certainly has never heard before.

"Jackson? Kayla? Thompson?"

"Are those its friends...?" Rainbow asked herself, having some second thoughts about this creature, "...maybe it's just lost and needs some help?"



, kinda like a monkey who stood up when it wanted something. She came to the conclusion that it was some sort of mutant monkey, or alien.

Her thoughts were quickly put on hold when she saw that the creature proceeded to look up to the sky, surprised that it was the way it was, but got suspicious as he looked at the cloud Rainbow was hiding on.

"Oh buck..."

The creature spoke, mentioning her mane, before it reached out for its tan colored bulky stick, then...aimed it at her? Luckily, as it reached for its item, she quickly pulled her tail back up, as to not be caught a second time.

She sighed in relief, happy she made such a choice, when she saw the creature shrug it off and inspect his items, "Thank Celestia..."

It then stood up on its hind legs with relative ease, aside from almost falling back down. It then just stood there, kinda like a monkey who stood up when it wanted something. She had come to the conclusion that it was some sort of mutant monkey, or alien a while ago, but it was still so...strange.

It then spoke something into some sort of device strapped onto its left shoulder. The creature then turned to the Everfree and proceeded to walk there, holding all of his stick like objects, the white box thing, and the knife.

Rainbow followed it closely, being careful not to lose the creature as he walked deeper and deeper into the dense forest. Despite this, she faintly heard the creature speak to itself.

"...this looks familiar..."

Rainbow then quickly had second thought "...so...maybe it does live in Equestria? Somewhere?...."

The creature then lifted the tan stick up to him after he heard some howls. He proceeded to walk into the forest, turning on a flashlight that was attached to the side of the front stick.

Rainbow then thought, "What are you doing, you crazy ape?! You'll get hurt or...or killed if you go in there! There TIMBERWOLVES for buck's sake!" She sighed as she slowly moved her cloud towards the ape, well above it. Despite being completely weirded out by the creature, she was still willing to help if it was ambushed or anything.

"Did NOT see my day heading this way..."

PreviousChapters Next