• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 7,170 Views, 868 Comments

From Humans, to Cryptids, to... Ponies? - TLP



(A CoD: Ghosts Extinction Crossover.) After activating the Medusa device, Godfather's Rapid Reaction Force wake up in a place that is not San Diego. With no Cryptids for once, but there's something odd about this place...

  • ...
28
 868
 7,170

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: A Biological Disaster

Marcus just waited for everyone to take in what they heard. The girls were mumbling to each other, while the squad were still planning on what to do and how to find out more about all this.

"Wait, did Samantha tell you about where the Cryptid came from?" Asked Jackson.

Marcus pondered for a second to remember what Samantha said in his dream before answering "I think she said that it came from the mountains outside the town.." The squad nodded, but then Applejack spoke up as they turned their attention to her.

"Ah think ah know where that place is.. did ya mention a desert and apple orchard?" She asked. Marcus nodded "Well, that location is called "Appleloosa', and mah cousin, Braeburn lives there.." She said, with a slight hint of worry in her voice.

"Okay then, thank you. And just to ease off a bit of worry, I know who got attacked. It was a dog, not your cousin, I promise." Marcus said, as Applejack sighed in relief, but then Twilight asked him about who got attacked.

"Wait, a dog? Was it bipedal?" She asked.

"Yeah, why? Is it a regular resident or something?"

Twilight shook her head "No, those dogs are called Diamond Dogs. They.. well, find diamonds underground and sell the to the black market in Saddle Arabia."

Marcus raised an eyebrow "This place has a black market? Heh, figures."

"But that isn't the only thing they do.." Twilight said with a tone of sadness "Every year, they come up from underground and kidnap ponies to use them as slaves in the mines.. ranging from fillies to the elder.."

"Then it got what it was coming to him.." Marcus thought, but nodded and continued.

"Alright then, also, the Cryptid that killed the dog was a Cricket. Y'know, the ones that lay eggs, and breath through their necks? Like a fish?" He asked his squad, who nodded.

"Oh, those fuckers? Goddamn, I hate those things. Wait..." Thompson said, but he came up with a problem "Those shits lay eggs.. did you see it lay eggs near the dog's corpse?"

Marcus nodded "Yeah, and I know what you're thinking.. she also told me that scientists and guards were already on scene. Oh shit! They have no fucking clue what could happen to them if those eggs hatch!" He then turned to the girls.

"Okay Twilight, we need you to send a letter to Celestia and tell her about the dead dog. Tell her that no matter what they do, they CANNOT touch those eggs, and that the scientists need to quarantine it as soon as possible!" Marcus said with a serious tone. Twilight nodded.

"Okay, I'll tell her to arrange us all tickets so we can travel to Appleloosa and Canterlot." She added.

"Alright, good. But let's head over to your place so we can get our weapons." Marcus said. The girls looked at him in worry and confusion. He sighed and added "Look, I know what you're thinking, but it's for our own saftey. I hope we won't have to use them, but we will. On the Cryptids." The girls eased a bit as they ran towards the library.

Rainbow Dash flew next to Marcus and whispered in his ear as they ran "Hey, do you think we could help you guys out if.. well, those things do show up?"

Marcus thought for a second before responding. "Shit.. they have saved this world several times. But they've never faced anything like we have. No, not even close. And I don't think this world can risk losing the bearers of the Elements.. not a single one. Besides, we can take care of this." He then responded.

"I don't think you girls should be risking yourselves for this. So as of now, no. And it's not because I don't think you girls can't handle yourselves in a fight with them, it's just that I don't think you've ever faced anything like this before, but we'll see, ok?" Marcus said.

Rainbow was hesitant, but nodded. She knew that Marcus and his squad are more than capable of taking care of the Cryptids, but she still couldn't help but think that he was underestimating her and her friends, but she couldn't blame him, they didn't know that they were the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, heck, Twilight hasn't even told them yet!


After running for a while, they finally made it to Twilight's library. The squad went inside and gathered up their weapons and re-stocked their pouches with ammunition. Marcus then picked up a Vulture drone and strapped it to the back of his backpack while Twilight sent the letters to Celestia.

Marcus then turned to Kayla "Hey Kayla, I'll trade ya my R-5 for your Honey Badger?" He asked. Kayla pondered for a second, before nodding and handing her Honey Badger to Marcus, to which he gladly took. Rainbow and the other girls just watched as they stocked up on their weaponry and ammo, then Applejack spoke.

"Why did ya switch weapons with her, Marcus?" She asked. Marcus chuckled

"Because this one right here.." He held the Honey Badger up to Applejack and Rainbow, who leaned in for a better view ".. has an intergrated silencer on it, which means the shots are extremely quiet when I shoot, but not quiet enough you can't hear them, you just won't go deaf. And also, it has a shotgun on the bottom of the barrel." He said while putting his hands on the trigger and pumping it, ejecting a 12-gauge shell, making the girls jump back a bit. He smirked and added ".. also, because it looks freaking awesome."

Twilight then walked downstairs, holding an envelope "Okay, I got the tickets! Celestia said that we need to get to Canterlot ASAP. Do you guys have your stuff ready?" She asked to the squad. They nodded. "Good. Then follow us to the train station!" She said as they ran out of the library and towards the train station, with the squad following right behind them.



Inside an underground lab, one mile below Canterlot.. One hour earlier..



Unicorn Scientists were busy in a small, white, room, deep below Canterlot. This is where new technology, medical advances, and new magical spells are tested and decided whether they should be brought to the public. Right now, four scientists were studying the body of a Diamond Dog, which was brought in by paramedics after several unknown claw marks and green eggs were found inside its corpse.

One of the unicorn scientists, Scientia Diversity, were brought in from Manehattan University's biological team to study on the eggs and what they contained. The scientists took DNA samples from inside the claw marks, and took several rapid tests to determine the exact species of who caused these injuries, but the results came back as an unknown species.

Scientia was inside his brand-new temporary office, writing down notes on who could have caused this, while sipping on coffee.

"Ugh.. the DNA samples don't match anything.." He said while groaning and leaning his head back, scratching his head in annoyance. Then, another scientist came inside, Neuro Remedium. She was part of the neurological team from San Fransiscolt, who was brought in to try to find cures for new diseases that were traced from Trottingham, but she was still informed about the new discovery and the dead dog, which caught her attention. She decided to find and ask the leader of the operation. After about an hour, one of the guards told her where the leader was.

"Hey there. Did you find any matches on who caused those injuries on the creatures?" She asked as she trotten in and took a seat, looking at the papers that had pictures and descriptions of several animals that could have caused this.

"No.. these DNA samples don't match any known creature here. Maybe it's a new species? The closest match we got was from a Griffon, but our feud with them ended in a treaty just last month! And even if it was them, how would that explain the eggs?" Diversity said as he took another long swig from his coffee, and sighed "Honestly, this is just so.. ugh.."

"Mind-bending?" Neuro finished his sentance. He nodded and rubbed his eyes.

"Well, let me show you what we got on the eggs." He got out of his chair and walked out the door to the hallway "C'mon."

Neuro complied as she walked out of the room. Diversity turned the light off and closed the door, then proceeded to walk down the hall. For Neuro, this was her first time here in the labs, so every time they passed by one of the white rooms, she'd take a quick glance inside to see what other ponies were working on. In one room, they were testing new magic spells, one of which turned rock into a brick of solid iron, another room had some guard ponies testing out new armor, which was still gold, but it had a layer of lightweight iron plating inside, which would protect them from high-firing crossbows and several deadly spells. Another had medical ponies testing out a possible cure for the flu, and were testing it on monkeys and fish, who had the flu.

"Okay, here's the room." Diversity said. The room was guarded by two royal guards, one was a unicorn and another was one of Neuron's best friends, Flash Sentry.

"Hey! Is that you, Flash?" Asked Neuro. Flash looked up and grinned, walking up to her.

"Neuro? Damn, it's been a while! How've you been?" He asked as he hugged her with one hoof, since he was holding a spear in the other. She returned the hug and responded.

"I've been good. In fact, I was just transferred here to study on a new cure for the disease that was found in Trottingham." Neuro said. Flash nodded as he turned towards Diversity

"I'm guessing you're here to see the body?" Flash asked Diversity nodded "Well, I must tell you that the eggs have grown substantially since you last came here yesterday."

Diversity's eyebrow raised "Really? How big are they now?"

"They're as big as a pony's head. We got three other scientists checking the eggs out with biohazard suits on. If you want in, then you need to find yourself a suit from inside the biological testing rooms." Said Flash.

Diversity nodded and told Neuro to follow him, but before he could even turn around, he heard a panicked voice in the room.

"Oh my CELESTIA! WHAT IS THA- GAAAH!! GET IT OUT!" Shouted a voice as a sickening sound was heard, along with glass breaking and screecheing of an unknown kind. Then, another voice was heard.

"Oh CRAP! GUARDS! HELP! NO-" The other voice was cut off as another screech was heard, along with flesh being ripped. Diversity turned around and saw the guards run inside. Diversity decided to rush in to help them, while Neuro decided to stay behind and watch, but not without a feeling of worry. The door closed behind them as she could hear Flash yell out.

"Stop! Get off him, you ugly creature! Diversity, watch ou- AAAAHHHH!" His voice faded into a gurgle as she heard frantic hoof steps, and several screams. She was shaking a bit as she slowly walked towards the door. But before she could open the door, it swung open, and she saw Flash's corpse fall to the ground, covered in scratches and his head was nearly ripped off, hanging only by a couple strains of tissue. Neuro screamed and stumbled to the ground, frozen and horrified to see what had happened to her friend she knee since she was just a filly.

Then, a weird creature, about the size of her, crawled out of the room slowly, covered in flesh, brain matter, and blood on its face. Neuro noticed that it had hundreds of teeth, and had several eyes, and some sort of exo plating on its head. It also had claws, and turned towards her.

She screamed and ran for her life, but she heard a screech and running behind her.

"Please.. please.. AH!" She was tackled, but not before she could switch on the warning siren lever. The entire facility glowed in red as the sirens went off, causing all the nearby pin es to run out of their rooms and panic. Neuro was helpless as the creature dug it's claws deep into her skin and flesh. She screamed in agony , but she looked over the creature and saw more of the same kind rush out of the room and run around, tackling and shredding those near them. Then, she heard the creature that was pinning her screech. Neuro looked up and saw felt its teeth sink into her neck, tearing her veins, flesh, and crackling her bones. She could do nothing but scream in agony until she was choking on her own blood. Then, everything was muted around her as she faded into black, hearing a female laughing manically as her eyes rolled back to her head and stared into nothingness.

Author's Note:

Alright.. shit's getting real now. Tell me your thoughts!

Richtofen: OH THE GLORIOUS BLOOD.. I WANT MOAR!

Dempsey: Heh. I knew you were a Brony..

Richtofen: ... shaddap.

Nikolai: Why not settle this over a bottle of *Rainbow Dash smashes another bottle over his head*

L.P: I owe you one..

Takeo: Why do you ignore my so much? Rascist..

L.P: I am not! It's just that.. well.. you're boring as fuck.

Rainbow Dash: He's got a point..

Takeo: Shut up, gay pride. *Slashes most of her tail off with his katana*

Rainbow: Why you LITTL-

L.P: *Hands Rainbow a sledgehammer, then turns to you* Use your imaginatio- *Hears a sickening splat*

... :rainbowderp:

PreviousChapters Next