• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 7,213 Views, 869 Comments

From Humans, to Cryptids, to... Ponies? - TLP



(A CoD: Ghosts Extinction Crossover.) After activating the Medusa device, Godfather's Rapid Reaction Force wake up in a place that is not San Diego. With no Cryptids for once, but there's something odd about this place...

  • ...
28
 869
 7,213

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: Apples and Hives

Meanwhile in Appleloosa, same time as the flashback..





Several apple farmers were gathered around the body of a diamond dog that was found outside a wooden fence from one of the orchards. The citizens were horrified and disgusted by the condition of its corpse. Never have they seen anything so gruesome in their entire lives, and they hope they never will. The dog's body was very pale, and sun-bleached from the long heat exposure of Celestia's sun. Around its body were its intestines, which were covered in dry blood and dirtied from dirt and sand, and had several deep, long claw marks all over his body filled with what seemed like small, green, eggs of some sort. Like a frog when it places its eggs. Some ponies just started crying, others started vomiting a bit.

"Who would DO such a terrible thing to ANY poor creature?!" A sobbing citizen said. The sheriff of the town was inspecting the body, thinking what creature would cause such damage to a Diamond Dog A Manticore? No, they don't live out here.. Griffons? No, we made a peace treaty with them just three years ago.. His thoughts were put on hold as Braeburn called him over.

"Hay! Uh.. sheriff! Ya might wanna take ah look at this!" Braeburn shouted. The sheriff and the other farmers rushed over at why Braeburn was calling him.

When they arrived, they were both confused and scared "Wha... what is that thing?" One of the mare farmers said

"Is it a mutant apple or somethin'?" Another spoke.

The sheriff responded to the two questions "Ah... ah don't know.. but the thing in the middle seems to be opening and closing slowly.." He said.

What they were looking upon was a huge, red, glowing plant-like organism. It looked like it had tentacles sprawled all over the area, but they didn't expand for long, since they led down to the ground. It also had a flower-like top on it, but inside it was a throbbing layer of outer flesh-like substance, kinda like jell-o. And it had three seperate 'mouths', kinda like a Venus Flytrap, and it opened and closed slowly.

"Ah found it when ah was digging a ditch to make ah small pond from the water over at the lake over there. Do ya know what it is?" Braeburn asked. The sheriff shook his head as he looked at the plant-thing in awe.

"Ah have no idea, Braeburn.. but ah think we should get some of the scientists from Canterlot here to see if they know anything.. maybe they'll know what this.. thing is, cause ah'm just as confused as you all.." The sheriff said.

"Hey! Sheriff! Look at these hoof-prints over here!" One of the farmers shouted. He walked towards the location and was even more confused by what he saw. The hoofprints were made by anything but a hoof. It looked at least twice the size of a hoof. He looked closer and saw claw marks. His eyes widened as he saw that blood was mixed in with the dirt. His eyes followed the prints until they saw that it went into a thick pair of bushes.

"Uh.. sheriff? Don't go in there! Whoever killed the poor Diamond Dog, it could easily jump out and get us too!" One of the farmers said, making some of the ponies back away in fear.

"Don't worry, ah don't play on going any further than this.." He stomped his hoof where he was currently standing "Ah need to go back to town and tell the Princess about this.." He said as he backed away and started trotting towards the station. He then paused and turned to Braeburn.

"Oh, and before ah forget, Braeburn, you might wanna tell Applejack about this. Ah have a feeling we'll need her and her friends for this..." He said. Braeburn nodded as the sheriff ran off quickly. He then slowly trotted to the weird plant and just stared at it. He then turned to the dead Diamond Dog, who was being covered in a white sheet as Unicorn paramedics carried it away into a cart.

"How did that poor dog get over here?.. and why did it have those weird green eggs in it?.. Ugh.." He shuddered at the idea. He turned and saw some Unicorns trying to use shovels and pickaxes on the plant, with no effect.

"Ah got a bad feelin' about all this..." Braeburn thought.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A day before...




Spot was frantically trying to hold in his intestines as he sprinted and stumbled to Appleloosa. What he didn't noticed was that a Cryptid was following his trail of blood...

Spot was slowly fading in and out of consciousness as he had lost a great amount of blood. He kept hearing cricket-like sounds as he noticed an apple orchard.

"Oh thank Luna's Moon..." He thought as he felt a burst of new found energy soar through his veins, but it was quickly drained out by a loud screech. He turned in fear as he squeezed his intestines tighter, wincing in pain as more blood oozed through his paws onto the ground.

"No...NO! PLEASE! PLEA-" He shouted, but the Cryptid leaped at him and pinned him. All Spot could do was close his eyes and wait for his inevitable fate. The Cryptid breathed slowly and looked down at the dog. If the Cryptid could smile, he would be manically grinning. It enjoyed the feel of its fear radiating out of the poor soul. He screeched and started slicing the dog with its claws, blood splattered everywhere as the dog screamed in agony. The Cryptid then grabbed its intestines and pulled at them hard, ripping them clean out of his stomach. Spot was gurgling on his own blood, but he was able to let out his last shriek of pain as his head hit the ground again. He saw the Cryptid drop eggs into his stomach. It then looked at Spot. His life flashed before him as the Cryptid lunged its mouth towards his neck.

As he felt his throat being torn apart, he heard a voice in his head before he died.. a voice that had a somewhat heavy Manehattan accent...

"All part of the plan... and it's just begun..."





Author's Note:

The Cryptid that layed those eggs is called a "Cricket". In Extinction, the Cricket was cut from the game for unknown reasons, but I found it on the CoD Wiki and saw that it was pretty legit. It's nicknamed the Cricket because it makes a cricket-like noise, or that's what the CoD Wiki said. And it layed eggs near or in corpses or dark corners. The image is at the very bottom is the picture of it. Sweet dreams!


And tell me your thoughts like always! I'll have another chapter out tonight, because this was a bit too small for my liking, so sorry for the short chapter!

Dempsey: "Holy shit dude, why not add ME in the story so I can whoop some ass?!"

L.P: "Are you in Extinction? No. So shut up."

Dempsey: "You son of a bitch..." *Glass shatters as a burst of an M16 goes off in the background*

PreviousChapters Next