• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 7,213 Views, 869 Comments

From Humans, to Cryptids, to... Ponies? - TLP



(A CoD: Ghosts Extinction Crossover.) After activating the Medusa device, Godfather's Rapid Reaction Force wake up in a place that is not San Diego. With no Cryptids for once, but there's something odd about this place...

  • ...
28
 869
 7,213

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17: Home Sweet Home.. Kinda

The flashback faded away slowly as Marcus started sobbing. The girls took several turns in excusing themselves to go to the restroom, only to hear vomiting and a bit of weeping. The squad went up to him and tried to comfort him while the girls just comprehended all they had seen. Celestia tried to comfort the Elements, but they were still suffering from the horrors they had seen.

After about half an hour later, everyone got their thoughts and feelings together. Marcus opened his eyes and saw the girls were still trembling a bit. He then looked down at his hands, which were shaking like they were dipped in arctic water. Jackson was looking at an old picture of him and the other five. At the bottom was writing that Marcus wrote the day they took the picture...

"From the halls of Montezuma, to the desert wasteland of Baghdad. Oo-rah!"

Marcus then spoke softly "I... I warned you. I didn't want to.." He spoke to the girls and Celestia.

Twilight spoke up quietly "It... how.. how can you kill people so easily? Without remorse?.."

Marcus sighed "Eventually... when I first killed someone, I had nightmares for about three weeks. Then eventually, I just got used to it. We all did. It's our job.. do we enjoy it? Like I said before, no. Tell me this.. what would you do to keep you, your friends, and your family safe from a cold, brutal, merciless world?" He asked. Twilight perked her ears up and pondered for a long time.

"You'd do anything. Every fiber of your being would yearn to do something to protect them all from anything. Even at the cost of your own life. The rest of you girls I know would do the same. What if a war broke out? You would all do your damnedest to win. To protect the ones you care about. Especially if it means the difference of the prospering of your people, or in this case, ponies, and utter destruction." Marcus said. The girls nodded, knowing they would. Celestia then spoke up.

"How did you live through all those horrible images of war?" She asked. Marcus sighed.

"By mentally shoving those images deep in the dark crevases of my subconscious. But every night, they crawl out and find their way into my dreams.. forcing me and torturing me by telling me what I did was wrong, and those horrid images keep replaying every night. How do I get used to it? I just did. I've never had a blissful sleep or nap in years. The only thing that kept me from losing my sanity was Jamie and my squad.. I still had a purpose. I had sworn to protect them both from anything else. That's why I loved Jamie.. she pulled me out of hell, and back onto my feet. Whenever I was kicked down, she pulled me right back up." He said. Tears started rolling down his eyes again. The girls then embraced him in a comforting hug, and so did his squad.

"Can we just.. well, drop all this? I don't feel like reminiscing anything anymore." Marcus said. The girls nodded "But.. thank you for pushing me to tell it.. er, show it. It feels good letting something out and talking about it after so long.." He continued, and returned the embrace.

"Also, do not fret about the girls having nightmares, Princess Luna can help them with that. And you and your friends also." Celestia said "It might horrify her, most likely, but she will do her best."

Jackson looked confused "How can she do that?"

Twilight answered his question "She's the princess of the night. She can enter our dreams and nightmares and help us through them. And also from studying your dreams long enough, she might tell you what's waiting for you in the near future. Usually she is pretty accurate with her predictions."

"That's... awesome!" Jackson exclaimed. The girls chuckled as they walked around. Celestia then looked at Marcus and spoke

"Oh! I almost forgot to ask you, how did you meet my little ponies, and how were you hurt?" She asked. Marcus playfully glared at Rainbow Dash, who was whistling and looking at another direction. He chuckled and replied.

"I found Fluttershy getting attacked by about seven wolves made of wood. I took out five of them and we met Rainbow along the way. We camped and patched them up both in a cave for a night. Then Rainbow showed us the way to Sweet Apple Acres, where we met Applejack. Then Rainbow went to get Twilight, then we jogged and sang through the town all the way towards Twilight's place. We then found a bunch of stuff that belonged to us.." He then switched his glare to Twilight, who did the same thing as Rainbow. He chuckled again as he continued ".. and then I hurt myself with one of my weapons. As of right now, I feel sore as a motherfucker, but I can walk just fine." He said, not telling the events that happened when Rainbow bucked him, or when he was bucked in the crotch. He heard Rainbow, Applejack, and Twilight sigh in relief. But Twilight's relief was short lived.

Celestia nodded, but looked at Twilight "How did you have their stuff?" Twilight froze up.

"I.. um.. you see.." She sighed and came clean "When we last visited Canterlot.. I took a teleporting scroll from the archives.. I swear, I didn't know it was a trans-dimensional spell!" She added quickly. Celestia chuckled and nodded. Twilight sighed again. Celestia spoke up to the rest of the girls.

"Would you girls mind having one guest live with one of you for a short amount of time?" She asked. Before the girls could respond, Marcus spoke.

"Um, Celestia. I appreciate the hospitality and the generous offer. But I think we've taken more than what we deserve. We can just make a camp an-" He was cut off when Celestia spoke.

"From the looks of it, it seems like you all deserve much more than what you have gotten. Please, I insist. It is the very least we could do." She said.

Marcus thought about it for a second, he turned to his squad, who nodded "Okay, but only if it's okay with the girls. We don't want to be no lazy slobs and overstay our welcome.."

Celestia turned to the girls as they nodded happily "Looks like they are more than happy to do so."

"Okay then, but only for a short while. Again, we don't want to be any lazy snobs. If we could, we would like to build or buy our own house." Marcus said.

Rainbow spoke up "There's an abandoned house on the outskirts of Ponyville. You can easily repair it and live in it. But you might want to talk to Mayor Mare about that, thought." Marcus nodded

"We'll talk about jobs and other stuff later. For now, let's just get the basics organized." Marcus said.

"You all can get to it, I must get back to Canterlot and lower the sun. I hope you all enjoy it here." And with that, Celestia dissapeared in a flash of light, blinding everyone in the room.

"One more of those, and I will show her what a 'flashbang' is.. Trollestia ..wait, what?" Marcus thought as he rubbed his eyes. After everyone regained their eyesights, Twilight spoke up with her idea.

"Okay.. I got an idea on who should stay with who. Jackson can stay with Applejack.."

Jackson nodded as he picked up his backpack and swayed it on his back.

"..Kayla can stay with me.."

Kayla also nodded and smiled.

"...Thompson can stay with Fluttershy.."

Marcus turned and saw Thompson's eyes grow with utter glee and happiness, along with Fluttershy's but nowhere near as much as his. He chuckled, but noticed who was next..

"...and Marcus with Rainbow Dash."

Marcus slowly turned to face Rainbow, who had a devilish look in her eyes, the magenta color making them seem like they were glowing.

"Oh shit.. the prank war..." Marcus remembered what he said, and his eyes widened. Rainbow saw this and her grin grew even wider, one that could match Jeff The Killer's.

He saw Twilight wink and mouthed 'Good luck' at Marcus. He glared daggers at Twilight as she walked downstairs. Marcus got out of the bed, noticing he was wearing his tan t-shirt, his shorts, and his wrist pad with the grappling hook. He jogged in place to get the blood pumping through his legs again. He then remembered something.

"Wait.. Rainbow lives in a cloud house.. YES! THANK GO-" His thoughts of relief were cut off as Rainbow spoke to Twilight.

"Hey Twi, can you enchant Marcus with the cloud walking spell? And make it permanent." Twilight nodded and looked at Marcus, who was glaring daggers at Rainbow

"Oh you son of a-" His thoughts were cut off again as Twilight told Marcus to hold still. He complied as her horn glowed and shot out the cloud walking spell, enchanting him and his grappling hook.

"Oh, and can you also enchant my equipment?" Marcus said. Twilight nodded and turned to enchant his equipment. As she did so, he saw that Rainbow was glaring at him with anger. He just smirked as he picked up his now enchanted gear and walked out of the room.

After a while, they all went their seperate ways. Rainbow showed Marcus to her cloud house. After walking a bit, she pointed towards the sky.

"There it is, an awesome cloud house for an awesome Pegasus!" She gloated. Marcus just chuckled and rolled his eyes.

Rainbow then asked "So.. want I carry you up there? I don't think there's another way you can get up there.." She asked nervously.

Marcus chuckled and pointed at his wrist pad "See this?" Rainbow nodded "Watch.." He then aimed the grappling hook up to the cloud house, pressed the grip, and a hook shot out at the speed of a bullet. It then latched onto the side of Rainbow's house.

Marcus turned to Rainbow, who looked confused. He smiled "Adios, Dash!" He said before the grappling hook pulled him up at an accelerating speed. Rainbow looked confused for a second, then shouted.

"You think you can beat me in a race?! BRING IT ON!" She took a stance and soared up to her house, easily passing over Marcus on the way. She looked down to see him with a shocked expression. She chuckled as she landed softly on the front of her house. She turned and noticed the weird hook thing that was pulling him up. After a while he finally made it up, pulling himself onto the cloud.

"You really thought you could beat me? HA!" Rainbow said. Marcus just chuckled.

"How in the absolute FUCK could I beat a Pegasus who broke the damn sound barrier?!" He thought

Author's Note:

Next chapter we'll find what happened to Spot, and how Appleloosa will handle the news.. and if they will find something near the orchards...

Give me your thoughts, and Richtofen will give you Wunderwaffes!

Dempsey: WUNDERWAFFLES, MAN!

L.P: Oh.. yeah. Wunderwaffles!

Richtofen: And thank you all for ze spleens!

PreviousChapters Next