• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 7,170 Views, 868 Comments

From Humans, to Cryptids, to... Ponies? - TLP



(A CoD: Ghosts Extinction Crossover.) After activating the Medusa device, Godfather's Rapid Reaction Force wake up in a place that is not San Diego. With no Cryptids for once, but there's something odd about this place...

  • ...
28
 868
 7,170

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: A Helluva Discovery

Abandoned Diamond Mineshaft, 102 miles from Appleloosa, same time as Marcus was shot..


Underground in an abandoned diamond mineshaft, Diamond Dogs were going about with their ongoing digging and pickaxing away at the ground and walls, trying to desperately find some diamonds to sell at the black market in Saddle Arabia. Fido was digging about with his paws, not finding a single thing, until he heard one of the other dogs yell out something.

"JACKPOT!! WE HIT THE JACKPOT!" One of the dogs yelled out, throwing his pickaxe down, and waving his arms crazily.

The other dogs and the guards rushed up to him, but were confused to what they were seeing.

Rover, the leader of the dogs, spoke up confused and angry "What in the heck is this crap? It's just some stupid flat rock!" He shouted. Around the dirt and rocks, there was a small patch of perfectly smooth rock. It had strange circles on it, and was very cold. Like touching metal.

"Yeah, but it's.. different. What if it's some sort of treasure chest or something like that?" The dog stated.

"Or some ancient ruins... but it could have treasure!" Spot spoke, picking up his pickaxe and waiting to dig the rock.

Rover thought about it for a while. This WAS something that he or his team have never seen before. So he picked up his own pick and shouted.

"Okay, let's dig this thing, get whatever treasure is in here, and finally quit digging!" He stated, the dogs whooped and shouted in happiness, and started hitting the rock with their picks. The rock didn't even dent when the picks hit it.

"Okay...this is gonna take a while.." Spot said, hitting the rock with all his might, but not making any progress.

"Yep.. go and get the guards to help dig too. We need all paws on this!" He shouted. Fido shouted at the guards and waved them over as the other dogs handed them pickaxes. They leaned their spears and swords on the walls and too the picks, grumbling.








After about 7 hours of endless digging, the number of dogs digging quadrupled since more were called in to dig. They finally dig through, but saw that it wasn't just a rock..

It was a cave..

"DAMN IT!!" Rover said, throwing his pick at the ground, angrily, but Spot spoke up.

"Wait! Let's get a torch in here and see what's in here!" He said, signaling on of the guards to bring him a torch. He complied and brought him one.

"Fido, go in there and tell us what you see." Spot said, handing him a torch and a sword.

Fido nodded, took the items, and walked into the cave. He noticed that the floor was also very smooth and cold. It looked like it was made from the same rock. He then bumped into what seemed like a tall, skinny, rock, but he rose his torch and saw something that instantly made him drop his sword.

It wasn't a rock, but a chamber of some sort.. it glowed a bright blue and had what seemed like a glass casing over it and writing of some sort. He'd never seen anything like it, but what scared him the most is what was inside of it..

It was a tall, bipedal creature with an oval-shaped head, and what seemed like tentacles where its mouth should be, a small, glowing center where its nose should be, and four eyes, two on each side of its face.

Fido just stood there in awe and horror, until Rover called out to him, snapping him back into reality.

"Hey! Fido! You there? What do you see?" He asked.

Fido responded, still in shock "Uh... I.. i-it's something alright.. come look! And bring some guards here too!"

Rover and about six guards went inside the cave, they then saw what Fido was looking at. They stood there with shocked expressions, then Fido spoke up.

"I don't know..what this is.. but I don't think we're gonna get a single bit outta this.." Fido spoke.

"What if we-" Rover spoke, but was cut off when the ground below him started to shake. He looked around frantically and called for the rest of the guards to come in the cave, along with the other dogs.

Fido then saw what looked liked a staircase leading down towards a second floor, he walked to it, stumbling as he did so since the ground was shaking like crazy. His eyes met an odd rocky like pillar with similar writing on it, but the difference was that it had a glass window on it, and some sort of flat surface with words on it.

"Oh my Celestia.." Spot said as the ground stopped shaking. The so called cave was lit up by a light hovering above the chamber containing the weird creature. What shocked him the most is that behind it was more of these things..

About 3 rows of them.. in the same chambers, with tubes of blue light on each, all leading to one huge tube that connected to the one they first found. Then the creature's eyes and body lid up in a bright blue color.

"Guards, prepare yourselves!" Rover shouted. The seventy or so guards raised their spears, swords, and shields as the top of the chamber slowly opened, then fell to the ground, shattering it like glass.

Rover was about to give the orders to attack, until the ground shook again. He turned around and saw what looked like a fist punch through the smooth rock like nothing, then it rose up from the ground, revealing its glowing face, and it had a fierce look with what looked like hundreds of teeth. It had what looked like a protective plating over its upper body, like an armadillo. It punched its fists into the ground, making a little shockwave and disorienting the guards.

"ATTACK THAT THING!" Rover shouted. About four guards went up to kill it, holding their shields and spears. The creature roared and sprinted at them like a bull, ramming into one of the dogs into a wall, a sickening sound of flesh and bone was heard as the dog spitted out blood and screamed in agony. The creature then put its left arm on the dog's face, pushing it against the wall. The dog's screams got louder and louder until they heard a very loud 'CRACK'. It then proceeded to slash the dog's stomach, letting its insides spill out like a can of beans. The ground shook again as another creature showed up from the roof of the cave. This one looked different. It was glowing purplish pink and also had teeth and a glowing face, but it had no plating on its back. Then about nine more appeared from behind the line of chambers and ran toward the dogs with two feet, roaring and screeching.

The guards roared back and rushed at the creatures with their swords help up high. One of the creatures pounced on one of the guards, its teeth clamped onto the dog's neck and shook it left and right angrily, the dog screamed for help as its body was violently thrashed side by side on the ground. Another one then grabbed the dog's head with its short, but sharp hands and ripped its head clean off. Blood sputtered everywhere as the creatures ate what was left of the dog.

The fighting went on and on as more and more of the creatures started appearing, outnumbering the dogs by an unbelivable amount. For every cryptid killed, about 6 dogs were brutally eaten, and more kept showing up for every cryptid killed, about 7 for each one.

It wasn't long before Fido, Spot, and Rover were the only ones standing. Fido had several deep cuts all around him, Spot was trying to keep his intestines from falling out of him as he swung his sword, and Rover had lost his right arm and his left eye and was bleeding out fast.

To the dog's horror, one of the creatures inside the chamber slowly rose from its broken chamber, seemingly levitating towards the dogs. It looked at them with a look of murder and mercilessness in its eyes. The cryptids were all but attacking, as if they were ordered to somehow. They were just eating what was left of the dogs they had so viciously killed.

Rover looked up at the levitating creature, and whispered softly with a shaking voice, pleading for mercy ""P-please... don't kill us.. we're sorry we-ACK!" He was cut off as the creature rose its right hand, he then felt his throat being constricted by an unknown force. He was levitated and brought towards the creature's face. He then heard an echo-y voice in his head..

"You.. and your species.. all who live here.. will be obliterated.. soon.. oh so soon, you stupid mutt.." He heard, then the grip on his neck grew stronger. He tried to plead for mercy, but they were nothing but desperate gasps for air. He then felt blood slowly pour onto the ground, and then his neck was snapped all the way to a full circle.

Spot looked in horror as their leader was killed right before them. The creatures rushed up to his corpse and started devouring him, ripping his limbs as the sound of flesh an bone being ripped echoed. The creature then pointed a finger at him and Fido. The cryptids looked at them and screeched, rushing towards them.

"Spot! RUN! I'LL DISTRACT THEM! GO!" Fido said, he ran towards the opposite direction, grabbing all of the creature's attention. They chased after him as Spot ran from the cave, he then heard screams of pain. He started frantically climbing over rocks and dirt until he reached the original mineshaft they were in. He then ran towards the exit.

"I need to warn everydog.. and pony about this.." He thought as he ran.

Author's Note:

Oh yeah... here we go!

Was it a good introduction for the cryptids or nah? :rainbowwild:

Now in the next chapter, we'll see what Marcus has to 'think', and what the squad will do in response to his 'death.'

PreviousChapters Next