• Published 20th Aug 2014
  • 1,072 Views, 13 Comments

A Dark Fate - Flagstar of Flagclan



Fluttershy has always been, well you know, shy. But what you don't know is the reason why. It could just be because she was bullied when she was a filly, or something way worse. something you could never have guessed.

  • ...
0
 13
 1,072

Some Back Story

A small pegasus ran up to her instructor. She was yellow had a pink mane that covered half her face. She looked down at the ground, nervous to talk to the adult pegasus in front of her. She's been going to this flight school for a year now, but still hadn't made any friends, or even gotten over her shyness. She glanced up at her instructor to see an angry look on her face.

"Sorry I'm late, Light Breeze." the little filly said quietly.

"Just get in line!"

The filly ran over to the others and stood next to her best friend, Rainbow Dash. The blue pegasus turned to whisper into her ear.

"It's okay, Fluttershy," She said in a soft tone, "the instructor just needs a chill pill."

Fluttershy gave a weak smile, then looked at the instructor. Light Breeze was pacing back and forth, explaining everything they'd be doing today.

"So first we'll be doing some basic stretches, then do some flying exercises, and if you still have some energy, we'll be having an extra credit flying race."

Rainbow Dash's ears rose, a smile on her face. Fluttershy rolled her eyes. She knew how much her friend loved a good race, but it was still funny to watch her every time somepony mentioned one. Light Breeze blew her whistle, signalling to start the first project. She got down on her stomach and started to do some wing ups. Fluttershy had only gotten a few done when she collapsed.

"Ha ha! Looks like Fluttershy should be Nofly!" Said Hoops.

Rainbow Dash glared at the orange colt, "Leave her alone!"

"And why should I, Rainbowcrash?"

"What's going on here?"

Hoops put on a sad face as Light Breeze walked over here.

"Rainbowcra...I mean Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were being meany heads."

The instructor just gave a laugh and walked away. Sure, everyone believed him when he lied, but they could never punish Fluttershy, or anyone with her. She knew it was just because she wasn't as good as the other pegasi, but she always found it unfair that she was never punished. She felt a small bit of anger deep down in her stomach, though she new better than to snap. Plus, it was really hard for her to be mean or assertive. After stretches the ponies headed to the flying course.

"I want all of you to fly seven laps."

Fluttershy got ready to fly when Light Breeze stopped her.

"I want you to only fly three. Got it?"

She hung her head, "Yes."

Again she prepared to fly, "I shouldn't have to do only three laps! It's not my fault they don't care about how I fly!" She thought angrily. By the time she was done, the other fillies were finished and ready for the next task. Rainbow Dash smiled. Fluttershy guessed she was thinking about the race. When they got to the race track, everypony picked a partner. Rainbow Dash ended up pairing with her, though she didn't seem too happy about it.

"Sorry you have to be with such a slow pony. She whispered.

Rainbow Dash looked caught off guard, not expecting to hear this.

"It's okay. At least I'm paired up with a friend."

Fluttershy smiled. Light Breeze blew the whistle, signaling to start the race. The two fillies climbed into the sky, though Rainbow Dash was much faster. Rainbow Dash was zooming around the track while she slowly followed. Rainbow Dash landed first, but the pair ended up losing. Fluttershy knew it was all her fault, and she wouldn't listen when Rainbowdash tried to cheer her up.

"You win some, you lose some. It's just a race."

"But I always lose! I'm just a big failure!"

She ran away from the group and headed for the bunk room. When she got there she climbed into her bunk and started crying. No pony was in there, giving her some privacy. After half an hour, she got up and started towards the mess hall. Once she got her food she went to the corner of the room and sat down. She would've sat next to her friend, but she felt to ashamed to. Fluttershy looked up when a pony sat next to her.

"Are you okay?" Asked a black pegasus.

Fluttershy trained her eyes on the floor and nodded yes. She knew Thunderlane was just trying to prank her, like every other pony in her life. He put his hoof on her chin and brought her head up to face him.

"I was wondering if, you would like to go star gazing with me tonight?"

"I, uh," She didn't know what to say, practically falling to peer pressure, "okay."

He got up and smiled, "Great. I'll see you around, seven."

She watched him leave, a flicker of doubt in the back of her mind. No pony has ever asked her out before, and she wasn't to into dating either. "Perhaps he just likes me, or maybe he's going to play a prank on me!" She though worriedly. She thought about not going, but ruled it out, thinking if it was real that she would hurt his feelings. After lunch she had to take a flying quiz, something she was hardly prepared for. Fluttershy closed her eyes, trying to clear her thoughts, hoping it would help for the quiz.

"Come on Fluttershy, it's time for the flying quiz," Rainbow Dash said, shaking her out of her thoughts.

She got up and followed her friend out the doors and towards the race track again. Only a few fillies were there, so they weren't late. Light Breeze stared hard at Fluttershy, like she thought that she did something wrong, The filly just looked at the ground, too scared to meet her gaze.

"I want Fluttershy to go first!" Yelled the instructor.

Panic hit her like a rock, causing her to lose thought. She flapped her wings as hard as she could. She had only gotten through a couple of the obstacles when she started to feel exhausted. Fluttershy kept flying, but only got a few more yards when she collapsed.

"Looks like my nickname worked for ya, Nofly." Said Hoops.

Fluttershy was about ready to burst into tears because of the comment.

"Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can hardly fly!"

She flattened her ears as the whole group of fillies started the chant. Rainbow Dash didn't join in, yet she was helpless against so many ponies. She looked up at the instructor, who just stood there doing nothing, as if she was oblivious to the chorus of bullies. All Light Breeze did was tell Rainbow Dash to go next.

"Not unless they stop being mean to my friend."

The mare rolled her eyes, "Stop teasing her!"

Rainbow Dash nodded in satisfaction, then flew off. She left a trail of rainbow behind her as she whooshed through all the obstacles. It had only been ten seconds when she had finished the whole thing. The instructor's jaw was wide open, not believing what she had just seen. Fluttershy could hardly believe it either, and she had seen her friend fly many of times. Light Breeze soon recovered and tested the other ponies. She closed her eyes as everypony did better than her.

"That's it for today! Time to turn in."

Fluttershy saw the sun starting to set. She checked the time to see in was nearly seven.

"Are you ready?" Thunderlane asked, sounding a bit impatient.

She jumped several feet, "D, don't s, s, sneak up on me like th, th ,th ,that."

"Sorry, but are you ready or not?"

"Yes."

She sighed as she followed him towards one of the many clouds that edged Cloudsdale. As they neared the place, she could see a few other fillies. She hid her face with her main as she recognized Hoops, Dumb-Bell, and Score. Thunderlane just smiled and kept heading over there. When the three bullies saw her, they smiled.

"She actually believed you? Priceless." Said Score.

"Yep, so what should we do with her? Push her off a cloud?"

All three colts looked at each other, "Perfect!"

Fluttershy tried to back away, but it was no use. The four bullies surrounded her, pushing her towards the edge. She tried to scream, but she knew it was to quiet.

"Leave her alone!"

They all turned around to see Rainbow Dash, an angry look on her face. As fast as she could, Fluttershy tried to run around the other ponies. Dumb-Bell blocked her path, then gave her a hard shove, sending her off the cloud. Rainbow Dash gasped and flew as fast as she could to save her friend. She caught her just in time before she hit the ground, then flew back up to the cloud. The bullies were nowhere to be seen.

"Fluttershy, are you okay?"

"No. I can't believe he did that. I'm never going to love another colt again," she said sadly.

"Fluttershy, it's okay, in time you'll....."

"I mean it!"

Rainbow Dash backed up. At first Fluttershy was confused, wondering if it was just her tone, but then saw her own reflection in her friends eyes. It looked as if she was made of fire, though she felt no burn. This has never happened to a pegasus before, only to some unicorns. She turned away from her friend and ran towards the bunk room. When she got there she looked in a mirror, seeing her normal self. "What just happened?" She thought disparagingly. The room was empty except for her and Blossomforth. She headed towards her bunk and closed her eyes.

When she woke up, she was in a black room. Fluttershy knew she was dreaming, but still felt confused. She started to walk around, only to find nothing of interest, except black everywhere. Suddenly, she heard a loud scream coming from up ahead. She ran the other way, to scared to find out what it was. Another scream came from the direction she was heading, so she turned left. A familiar chant started to echo around the place.

"Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can hardly fly!"

"Stop it!" she screamed, but it was useless.

Again, another scream came, and she turned around, only to find a large monster behind her. It had big, pointy, yellow teeth and red eyes. It growled at her. Fluttershy took a step back, only to trip over a giant bone. The creature smiled and gave a loud, horrifying laugh.

"What are you gonna do now, Klutzerfly?"

Tears poured down her face at the usual insult she got. It had been a few days, but ponies had always called her that, except for Rainbow Dash. She screamed as the monster leaped at her, it's jaws wide open. Fluttershy closed her eyes, only to open them and see herself in her bunk. Every singly filly in the room was awake and staring at her. She looked down at the floor.

"Sorry."

"And that was my worst day in flight camp," concluded Fluttershy.

All the ponies had dared her to tell the tale, for she had sometimes hinted it. All the ponies looked at her in astonishment. Clearly they hadn't expected such a story.

"That was horrible!" exclaimed Rarity.

"It was, but I'm over it now."

That was a lie. She never forgot that day, and it had ruled her dreams ever since. What no pony knew was that she is constantly reminded of it, especially when she is around other pegasi. Rainbow Dash knew most of this, for she was her closest friend, but Fluttershy had always hid some of the truth so she didn't worry.

"I think it's time we hit the hay y'all," Applejack explained, "it's pretty late, and Luna's already brought up the moon."

All the mare's nodded in agreement. When Fluttershy closed her eyes, she knew what she would dream about. She also knew that she couldn't hold on to sanity to much longer with this memory constantly playing, it was just to much to bare. Sooner or later she would snap, and if she does, she would become the flaming inferno she once was. "If only life wasn't such a nightmare." She though to herself.

Author's Note:

This is my first chapter, and my longest chapter of all my stories. I hope you enjoy this. Another chapter will come soon, but for now I give you this and my other stories to read. Thanks! :derpytongue2:

Comments ( 13 )

[Story added to Read Later list]

I can really relate to this. I have some physical things I cannot help (crossed eye, mild cerebral palsey, no depth perception) so I have been bullied a lot so I have some emotional/mental issues (social anxiety disorder, depression, and obsessive compulsive disorder) so far I love this story and can't wait for more. Been trying to write my own but I got stuck after two sentences. It is called "A stormy past" maybe you could help me out

4889468 same here with the bullying. I'm bullied cause in very different and I'm a ginger. I would love to help you if you want me too. But I wont be able to until Monday.

Hey, good story so far. I'll put some edits up eventually, but first, The four fillies surrounded her. Aren't Hoops and the others colts? Also his name is Thunderlane, not Thunderland.
Good story so far, and I'll get around to editing your other chapter sometime tomorrow.

4892441 okay. Thanks. Take your time though. I can't edit til Monday. But thanks so much. Your a really big help.

No problem, I really like your stories and hope they do well. Also, the first sentence in the description sounds kind of awkward. Fluttershy hated that she was shy. I'm not quite sure what you could change it to because shy is the best word for that.

I'd probably say, "Fluttershy hated being shy. As a filly, she was bullied for being so timid. Rainbow Dash usually had her back, but she wasn't always around to help. There was something dark in Fluttershy and she knew it. It's just a matter of time until it comes out."

Sorry, if I think something should be changed, I say it. It doesn't have to be changed, but I just need to say it. It's kind of because I'm not good at writing stories from scratch (I don't watch the show, so I can't capture each characters' personality very well), so I just pick on other peoples' stories. Tell me if you think I'm going too far and I'll stop.

Peace.

4892573 don't worry. I've been thinking its a bad description. I just haven't gotten around to changing it. I will probably rewrite the whole thing on Monday. Night! :)

"Sorry I'm late Light Breeze." The filly said quietly. "Sorry I'm late, Light Breeze," the little filly said quietly.

She got down on her stomach and started to do push ups with her wings. Those could also be called 'wingups' or 'wing ups', I'm not sure which is the right spelling.

Again she prepared to fly. "I shouldn't have to do only three laps! It's not my fault they never care about how I fly!" She thought angrily. You should have a comma between fly and I. I'd also change never to don't.

"Sorry you have to be with such a slow pony. She whispered. You need the comma and quotation mark between pony and she. She should be lowercase.

The filly just looked at the ground, to scared to meet her gaze. To should be too.

"Come on Fluttershy, it's time for the flying quiz." Rainbow Dash said, shaking her out of her thoughts. Comma instead of period after quiz

"Shut is class!" I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Thunderland- Thunderlane

The four fillies surrounded her. I think you meant bullies, considering that they are colts.

I'm never going to love another colt again." She said sadly. Comma instead of period when you have regular text after the quotes.

"Stop it!" She screamed, but it was useless. She should be lowercase.

Again another scream came.. You need a comma between again and another.

Concluded Fluttershy. Concluded should be lowercase.

"That was horrible!" Exclaimed Rarity. Exclaimed should be lowercase.

"I think it's time we hit the hay ya'll," Comma between hay and Y'all. The apostrophe should be between the y and the a.

Good story. Was this supposed to be a one shot or do you plan on adding on to this? I think it could go either way. If you ended it here, it would be a cool end, but I still want to see what happens.

4897768 thanks for the corrections on everything. I will try to get them find on Monday, Tuesday night at the latest. I am working on another chapter, I'm just having writers block so its gonna take a while.

4901946 No problem. You said that you'll find the corrections. You can just use the search function on your browser (Control+F in Chrome). Also, do you want me to be your editor and just keep the same routine that we've done?

4910732 Sure that'll be fine. Thanks so much! :pinkiehappy:

When are you going to make chapter 2.

4960546 Idk yet. I'm kinda looking to pass it on to anyone else. After a while I may write a chapter, though I've been having some writers block. i may work on it tonight though.

Login or register to comment