• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 640 Views, 3 Comments

One Week - Not



I don't particularly know why this gryphon is telling me about herself, but I don't mind. I'm just a tortoise, and the company is nice. I do hope that she and Rainbow do make up, but it will take a lot to get Gilda to get Fluttershy to

  • ...
1
 3
 640

Ugh. FINE! I'll come back TOMORROW!

"I almost had her this time, she was scared before I even walked up, and so she noticed me from farther, but it gave me a few ideas. Anyway it went like this. I was walking toward her house, getting a couple of angry looks in town, and a lot of scared ones, but who cares about that. When I was near her tree house I saw her happy and talking to some fuzzy snakes or something. They were long, and looked like someone stretched out a cat. Whatever. I was still a ways away when I called out.

'Hey, dweeb, just let me talk this time.'

When I said it, she froze. I seriously don't think she was even breathing for a few seconds.

'Uh, you there?'

The little cry baby turned real slow to face me, and I was still walking closer slowly.

'Hey. I just want to talk. To say I'm sorry for what happened last time I was in town.'

I'm pretty sure she didn't hear the last part because by the time I finished saying it she was inside again. I could hear the sounds of her barricading the door. She left the bag of food on the ground, and left me angrier than yesterday, but I didn't want these little animals to be hurt just because I scared off their new mom. I fed all the little tube cats, then put the bag back in a little storage thing that was still open and full of animal food. I fed the birds after that, and one of the little furry things who I guess liked me sat on my back the whole time.

I didn't really mind.

I fed the cats probably more than I should have, and spent the middle of the day leaning against butterfly-butt's blocked door.

I don't know how many times I said, 'I. Just. Want. To. Talk!' but she either couldn't hear me, or didn't care, or was too scared to come out. Whatever.

The sun was about an hour and a half from going down so some of the night animals were coming out, and looked like they were expecting food. The storage thing was still unlocked, so I fed them too. Raccoons, and fruit bats, and whatever else. I guess I took a bit longer than I should have with the owls, but... It's kind of like I'm related to 'em. I've been called an owl cat at least a few dozen times, so whatever. I like 'em, and they look like me. Sue me. I stopped by the door one last time before I left.

'I fed all your stupid animals, and the cool ones too. Will you please come out for like ten seconds, so I can talk?' But of course I didn't even hear anything inside moving. "Ugh. Fine. I'll come back TOMORROW!'

I think I forgot to eat most of that day, so I grabbed something in town on my way here. I think they were scared of me, so they tried to discount it or something, but I payed full anyway. The whole goal is to get the town to like me so I can have my friend back. Then I ate and came here."

Gilda was not wrong about a few things. All of the animal food was stored in one place, and was easy to access. I believe the animal she couldn't identify were ferrets or stoats. She needed to plan something better than walking up, calling out to her, and letting her run. I knew a few things she could do, though I don't know if she could bear to manage them. She could definitely sneak up on my former keeper, and then getting close enough to grab her into a hug, which might confuse her, and calm her down enough to allow them to speak normally. I would have it written down for her by the time I saw her the next day. It was the simplest thing I could think of that didn't involve angering Fluttershy. She was not good to anger.

Gilda planned for a while, and ate dinner with my new keeper, and by now good friend. They talked of flying, tricks, moves, clouds, and a little bit about how it was slow work getting anything done with the shy one. It could, and would be done, though. This I knew for sure. This week would not be in vain. After eating, and Rainbow going to sleep the gryphon returned to me for more of my ever silent council.

"So, I think I know what to do. She's gonna hide as soon as she sees me, right? All I have to do is get between her and the door before she sees me. I think I can do that. There is no way that she's faster than a gryphon. I heard she can't even reach Cloudsdale without stopping on a low cloud along the way. This'll be fine. I'll get her tomorrow for sure."

Author's Note:

Will Gilda ever get Fluttershy to forgive her? Will Tank be able to write a proper message out by the end of the next day? Find out in the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!!!