• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 6,194 Views, 232 Comments

Fists of Fury or Something - Shocks



You know the drill. Guy goes to convention. Guy ignores common sense and buys magical item from shady vendor. Guy gets transported to equestria and gets stoned. No, not that kind of stoned. The kind of stoned where your turned to stone. Yep.

  • ...
56
 232
 6,194

The Reunion from Hell

We just stared at each other for quite some time. Ya, like one of those cliches in movies and stuff like that with the long awkward pause. I swear at one point a maid came in, looked around, 'noped', and left. We just stared at each other, my brown eyes drilling into her magenta. If looks could kill, I would have killed her many, many, many, many, many, times over. At a few points her eyes attempted to drift away, but I still had mine locked. Finally, she decided enough was enough.

"R-Ri-"

"Stop right there" I held up one of my gauntlets, "You lost the right to use that word a very long time ago" I finished, anger rising once again. Make no mistake, frankly, I was still very pissed about my whole ordeal. Although I no longer wanted to physically attack her, I wasn't exactly going to sweep this under the rug. Oh hell no. I was going to get back at her. One way or another.

She actually seemed hurt that I wouldn't allow her to say my name, her ears splaying back heavily. Right, I get imprisoned for 1000 some years and shes the one that's hurt. Bullshit. She was getting good at hiding her emotions or faking them to a good degree before I left. Probably perfected it by now.

"Don't give me that look. You honestly think we still friends after all this time? Oh that would be funny. Hey, that was a fun 1000 year imprisonment! No hard feelings right?" I increased my death stare.

Again the same look of sadness. Ok, I'm really starting to reconsider my policy on not hitting her.Maybe just one punch. With the gigawatt gloves. Max power. That might be good.

I had no idea what she was doing when she finally looked away from me, instead deciding to stare out the window.

Never take your eyes off your opponent Celly.

From my position, I couldn't see what she was looking at, but I was more then aware she wasn't looking at anything, she just wanted to collect her thoughts. She shifted slightly on her hooves, fluttering her wings, a nervous tick she had. Letting out a deep sigh, she returned her gaze to me, this time the sadness was gone. Knew it.

"It has been too long Gaunts"

"Long enough, Celly. Long Enough" Ya, if you think I was going to reply with something snarky like 'Not long enough', you'd be dead wrong. That phrase takes on a whole new meaning when you've been through what I have.

"Can I ask how you broke free?" She asked, hopefully, I assumed. Probably wanted to figure out what went wrong with her 'elements'.

Still need to find out how there are the new bearers in the first place.....

"You can thank the guy out there, the one causing the chocolate rain" I pointed to a window, where a cotton candy cloud was pouring out the dark concoction. She didn't need to turn to know who I was talking about. Instantly, that lit a fire under her ass.

"Discord?! He set you free? Why would he set you free?" She demanded, looking far above pissed at the his very name. Ya, the thing with Celly is, she hated Discord. HATED. Fuck with her little ponies and you get your ass handed to you on a silver platter.
Her eyes narrowed as she looked to me. Ordinarily, most ponies would probably piss their...pants? At the glare she was giving me, but I had grown resistant to that a while back.

"He made a deal with you, didn't he?" My silence was her answer. "What was it? What did you promise Rick!?"

Alright, enough of that. She's scolding me like a fucking child. I instantly activated my gigawatt gloves. Max power. They hummed loudly, the very air around me getting filled with static.

"First, what did I say about that" Referring to of course, her use of my name. "Second, I didn't promise him anything. He asked me to perform a task, and I'm going to perform said task"

This didn't seem to calm her down, but she lowered her voice back to normal levels. "And may I ask, what is this task?"

I couldn't help but chuckle, I had the perfect line ready for her. "Oh come on Celly, why should I tell you? After all, wheres the fun in that?" Using a patented Discord catch phrase. I half expected him to reappear next to me in a business suit, holding some paper that said 'Copyright Infringement' but I was disappointed.

Meh.

"This is not a game Ri-Gaunts! You are more then aware what Discord is capable of!" She slammed a hoof down and I swear I saw cracks in the marble. She's really getting pissed, but without the elements, the worse she could do to me was a mild asskicking.

So was I scared? Maybe.

"Oh I'm aware, but sadly, someone stole all the fucks I gave when they imprisoned me" I said, playing with a non existent fingernail, the sound of metal scraping against metal echoing around us. Her ears began to flicker uncontrollably. Ya, this was irritating her. Perfect.

"You cant mean that. Not after everything you've done" She replied confidently, authority strong in her voice. I again resisted the urge to face-palm. This was going nowhere. Where the hell is Lulu? I need to hit something. Repeatedly.

"Celly, if you really believe that, then you never knew me at all" I stated coldly, my eyes drilling into her own. She fired back with the same intensity however, and we had a small battle a wills for a moment before the universe decided to change things up.

Sister!

A pop and flash of light later, another alicorn appeared beside Celestia. Her coat was the same navy blue, had the same tiara and silver slippers. Her mane waved just like Celly's except favored the colors of two shades of blue, while it seemed to sparkle lightly. Some said it looked like the night sky. I say it sparkled.

"Sister! Discord has returned! Summon the elements at once!" She basically shouted into her sister's ear. From her position, she could only really see me if she looked at me, so I just smirked at the whole situation.

"No shit Lulu. What was your first clue?" I calmly said. Her ears went strait up, and she swiveled her head so fast I thought she might have broken her neck.

Ah, her face. Priceless

Her eyes were bugging out of her head, and her jaw was slowly drilling its way through the floor. I think her brain may have restarted at some point. But when it did, well....

"GAUNTLETS! HOW DID THOU ESCAPE THY PRISON FIEND?!?" She freaking bellowed at me. Damn, I think the whole mountain heard her. And what was with the old English speak still? Celly wasn't using it. Weird...

Her wings flared and she slammed into a defense stance. Gone was her look of utter confusion, replaced with 100% 'I'm going to murder you' rage. Her horn crackled with power as she attempted to kill me with her eyes, her mouth formed back in a snarl.

Did I mention me and Lulu didn't get along?

"Whats the matter Lulu? Still angry about that time I embarrassed you in public?" Heh, that's a story for another time.

Lightning arced from her horn instantly, I dodged easily, it slamming into a pillar a second later, leaving a rather dark scorch mark. Before I could counter attack, she had already charged me, slamming into me in full gallop. I should mention she was never one to play fair. Where Celestia tended to fight with a high sense of honor, little Luna liked to play dirty. Not 'throw sand in your eyes' dirty, but she was definitely someone to watch carefully.

We tumbled for but a second before I got my hands on her, or rather, my gauntlets. Did we forgot I already had them at max power?
Lulu received a nice little shock from that, before I kicked her off me, sending her sprawling on the stone floor. She recovered quickly, and we both readied for another go. I silently switched from my gigawatt gloves to a more, blunt feature of my gauntlets.
They began to glow, and I felt the heat radiating from them. At the same time, the room began to grow increasingly colder.

We charged each other, her horn sparking again, my fists ready and willing.

Stop!

A bright flash of light and suddenly Celly appeared between us. Her wings splayed outwards, she craned her head toward her sister.
Lulu of course, slammed her hoofs into the stone, all but screeching to a stop. While Luna was more then willing to obey her sisters command, I did not have the same qualms.

I leaped over Celestia, fist primed. They both had this shocked expression as everything went into slow motion. I was slowly coming towards Lulu, she had her forward moment slowing, so she couldnt hope to dodge my attack, and Celly couldnt move to block.

I had the perfect line for this moment. Perfect.

"Falcon Punch!!"

WHAAAMMM

She was sent careening into the hallway, smashing head first into another stone pillar, the whole freaking thing toppling over. If that didnt knock her out, I was defiently going to be in trouble.

"Luna!!" Celly cried out, rushing to her sister. What most people or ponies should I say. What most ponies don't realize is that you can hurt alicorns. Sure they have a pretty high pain tolerance and can take a massive amount of damage, but they can still feel pain, and in this case it appears I may have KO luna.

Yep, still got it.

Celly was busy checking on Luna, I calmly walked toward them, somehow cracking my knuckles, eyeing the two warily. This wouldn't be the first time Luna has faked a knockout. The Lunar alicorn suddenly sprang up on wobbly hooves, and her head was out of control.

"Sister!" She slurred, nearly toppling over again as she tried to take a step, " Help us! Our stars are too close! Begone! Return to thy positions in our night!!" She tried to swat the air above her with a hoof, only to trip herself, sending her face to meet the nice stone floor. This time, she was down for the count, I knew Lulu would never embarrass herself like that, in front of me no less, so she was definitely out for the round.

Round 2! Begin!

I continued to approach the royal sisters, but Celly seemed to have other plans. She took a heavy stance against me, not aggressive, but more like a stone wall of white fur. She raised her wings defensively and her horn began to glow its golden aura.

"Enough! You don't need to do this Gaunts!"

"Your right" I stated, no emotion evident in my voice. "I want to do this!!"

Leveling a fist at her, I fired away my unique attack. It careened toward her, aiming strait for that tiara of hers. Just seconds before it could hope to impact, to harmlessly bounced off a golden barrier. No surprise there.

I had wasted no time after I launched my fist, I was already charging toward her, my appendage now moving to reconnect with my body. Barely had it snapped back in with an audible click, I was already pounding against her shield. She winced slightly at each thundering impact, each hit leaving small but noticeable cracks.

I was honestly lost in the high of combat that I had completely disregarded my feeling of not attacking her, I was running on nothing but pent up anger and rage.

"You think I enjoyed those years Celly?!?" I slammed another fist against the barrier.

"You think I enjoyed that time!?!" Another fist.

"Do you know how long I suffered?!?" Slam.

"How long your betrayal hurt me?!?" The shield couldn't take much more, she was beginning to strain, her brow creased in concentration.

"I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!!" I took a solitary step back, and readied everything I had into my next strike, my fist shaking with some much power emanating from it. I knew If it connected, I would break through much more then just the shield. Before I could deliver the final blow, several weak magic blasts collided into me, causing me to lose my balance, the attack ruined.

I tuned toward the source, beyond fucking furious at the person who thought they could get between me and my business. I was actually stunned to see a massive amount of guards charging at a full gallop down the once spacious hallway, now clogged with soldiers. Many bore the golden armor from before, obviously Celly's guards, as I saw a few of Lulu's thestrals flying above, their teeth barred.

"Defend the princesses!" They're battle cry echoed around the hall, nearly deafening. Momentarily stunned out of my crazed attack, I quickly realized my fist still primed to unleash its devastating payload.

Damn it, damn it all!

I knew that if I attacked the guards, this attack alone would kill many instantly. If I turned to finish off the shield, I risked being swarmed by the guards, and if they pinned down my gauntlets I was royally screwed. Everything again seemed to slow down. I was able to make out every feature of the charging guards. Every anger filled face, every furious flap of the wing, every stomp of a powerful hoof.

I turned to Celestia. The barrier was heavily cracked, but still standing. Luna still lay on the ground, an indifferent expression on her sleeping face. Celly was clearly showing signs of fatigue, but she refused to give in.

She was always a fighter.

I looked to her eyes, and for a fraction of a second, our eyes met for the second time in over 1000 years. Everything seemed to fade once more as our connection lasted. Those magenta eyes. Those damn magenta eyes that I had come to know for so long. Those eyes that had brightened at the sight of me. Those mischievous eyes whenever she spotted a piece of cake. Those warm eyes of a friend. Those pleading eyes, clawing their way into my soul. They were begging me, stop this. Part of me cried out to answer the call, and another part demanded righteous vengeance. My inner turmoil was reaching its limit. The guards were nearly upon me, several spells whiz zing toward me. Celly still held her ground beside me. I had to strike out. I had to end this.

For old times sake Celly

I whirled around, and unleashed an attack of unimaginable force. So many memories ran through my head at that moment, yet all I was able to see was the wall blasting outwards, sun light pouring through, bathing me in its warm glow. I wasn't aware that the force of my attack had sent the guards sprawling backwards, or that I had shaken the entire castle foundations, or that the surrounding wall would suffer massive damage. I leaped through my newly made exit without a second thought. I didn't care what awaited on the other side. I just knew that what was here wasn't what I wanted.

I didn't look back.

Author's Note:

I'm honestly on the wall about this chapter. Not sure if I like it....eh? What do you guys think?

Also, I'm going to say this now, as I stated in my blog. I didn't want to say it at the top of the chapter because didn't want it to ruin the atmosphere of the chapter. Guys. I realize I am doing a story that has been done many times before! I get it! It's not an original idea! I know there are many stories like it! But this one is mine! Haha. Anyways, seriously guys. I get it. You don't need to repeat it. I understand it may not be a popular idea and that people have problems with it. Frankly, I can't do anything about that. Sorry.