• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 2,365 Views, 128 Comments

The Changelings Have a King - Jade Ring



An old enemy's thirst for vengeance gives rise to a new threat...and kick-starts a chain of events that will change Equestria forever.

  • ...
25
 128
 2,365

Foreword- For Those Who Came in Late

This phrase could be seen at the beginning of the serial adventure films of the old days. Audiences would be informed on both recent developments in the story and older information concerning the hero whose exploits they had come to watch.

Allow me to borrow it for my 25th published story.

'The Changelings Have a King' is the first in a trilogy of stories that will close out and finish what I and my readers have come to call the 'Dear Sweetie Belle' Continuity, since it all began with that particular story. Over the past several years, I've written roughly 17 stories following the same established timeline. My original plan was to lay out the whole story's main details here.

But, after great consideration, I decided not to.

Instead, I will simply point you in the general direction of this, which is where you can find the 17 previous stories.

Or, if you aren't in the mood, I will just point you to this, a timeline of the major events that have led to this point.

Or jump in fresh and ask me if you need clarification on anything. Don't be shy. I'll happily clear things up.

Before the story begins, a final warning; a great deal of darkness lies on the horizon. These storm clouds have been building for a very long time and the downpour will be great and terrible. But I promise you all...

...after every storm, there is a rainbow.

-Jade Ring

A Quick Guide to the Original Characters in Ponyville

Professor Crescendo: Sweetie Belle's biological father. Accomplished musical teacher. Recently relocated to Ponyville after getting sole custody of his son.

Diminuendo: Better known as 'Dimmy,' Crescendo's son with his divorced wife. A brilliant young artist.

Scarlet Apple: The toddler daughter of Macintosh Apple and Fluttershy Apple. Earth pony.