• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 1,364 Views, 37 Comments

Sisters at Heart - Lunatone



We always tell ourselves to not dwell on the past. But what we do in the past, marks us in the present, and stays with us until we resolve it. And sometimes all we need is a little courage and love to overcome it.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,364

Chapter One: The Call

Sisters at Heart

Lunatone

Chapter One

The Call

I became what I am today at the age of eleven, on a rainy, frigid autumn night. I remember the exact moment when it all happened. But that was a long time ago. And although it’s in my past, I still think about it every day.

I’ve learned, from experience, that you can’t simply run from your past. Your past might be in the past, but it’s still with you in the present. Wherever you go, there you are. You can have all the money in the world and you can try to drown yourself in all the hard liquor that you want, but you can’t escape what you’re trying to run from. Looking back now, I realised I have been doing exactly that for the past eight years.

One day last summer, my friend Bon Bon called from Manehattan. She asked me to come to visit her. Standing on my beach house balcony with the receiver against my ear, I knew that it wasn’t just Bon Bon on the line. It was my daunting past creeping up to me. After I hung up, I went for a walk in the nearby park, right along the Las Pegasus beach.

It was a sunny afternoon, and the bright sun sparkled on the blue ocean, like glistening diamonds. Countless sailboats cut through the sparkly water, propelled by a crisp breeze. Then I glanced up and saw a pair of blue jays making rhythmic swirls in the soaring sky. They flew high above the elm trees at the east end of the park, flying like a pair of Wonderbolts glaring down at me and Las Pegasus, the city I now call home.

I sat down on a bench next to an old elm tree. Then I thought about something Bon Bon had said before we hung up. You have to resolve your past for your own sake. Then I heard the soft melodies of the two blue jays as they flew by me. I couldn’t help but think about my fillyhood with Vinyl. My father. Dusty. Bon Bon. Manehattan. I thought about the life I had until that night came. The night that changed our entire life.