• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 741 Views, 7 Comments

Pinkie's Letter - starburst13



Pinkie's conversations with her sister Maud, via letter.

  • ...
2
 7
 741

Pinkie's Letters

Dear Maud,
Hi! How’s it going? Is Boulder doing well? I hope the antidote for lichen worked on him. I would hate to see him all mossy and planty instead of his normal self.

Actually, I recently got a pet too! His name is Gummy. He’s really cool, and he’s really good at staring! We had a staring contest, and I won, but he put up an amazing fight!
Ponyville is really different from the rock farm. It’s right along side this spooky forest called the Everfree! Rumor says that there’s a castle ruins in it!
All the ponies here are cheerful, but I couldn’t help but notice no one really knows each other. The Cakes, the family I’m staying with, don’t even know the name of everyone who comes into their shop! (They run a bakery, by the way.) I have come up with the perfect solution; have a party!
Actually, I just thought of that now.
I have to go see if it’s okay with the Cakes.
Bye!
Your Sister, Pinkie.


Dear Pinkie Pie,
I’m fine, and so is Boulder. I never knew you knew so much about rock care and health. He’s feeling much better now.
I’m glad that the Ponyville ponies are nice. The Cakes sound like decent people.
By the way, what kind of pet is Gummy?
From Maud.


Dear Maud,
Oh, Gummy is an alligator! Just a baby one, and he doesn’t have any teeth, so that’s why he’s called Gummy. He’s amazing! Did you know an alligators apparently like bouncy balls?
Any way, the party is go! So far, over ten ponies say they’ll come! I met a new friend today. Her name’s Rarity. Her parents run the town boutique, (Boutique. What a weird word!) and she’s really fancy-shmancy. She tried to do my mane, but she ended giving up. She said, ‘It’s simply too bouncy my dear!” So I said, “Oh, does that I mean can bounce upside down on my head?” I don’t think that’s what she meant, now that I think about it. I mean, why would bounciness interfere with her doing my mane? I’m telling you about her because she’s coming to the party!
Maybe you can come out here soon?
Your Sister, Pinkie.


Dear Pinkie Pie,
I don’t think I can. With you gone, we’ve had to work a little bit harder.
Don’t worry, I understand why you left.
Boulder still says he misses you.
On the topic of pets, where did you find yours? He sounds a bit strange, but I hope I’ll get to see him –and you– very soon.
From Maud.


Dear Maud,
The party was a huge success! Over twenty ponies came, including this really cool filly called Rainbow Dash. She’s going to be on the weather team, and she’s super, super fast! She has her cutie mark, a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt.
There was also this little colt called Cheese Sandwich! He looked super lonely, but then he cheered up!
Then there was Applejack and her big brother, Mac. Her family are the local apple farmers. She’s really honest! She told me she really liked the party, but the punch was way too sweet, and the music was a little too loud! She was a little blunt, but I’d rather have that then no one tell me what was wrong.
So it went really well!
P.S. I found Gummy near the forest.
Your Sister, Pinkie.

Dear Pinkie,

Glad to hear it went well. Everything is okay here. I made something for you. It’s in the envelope.
From Maud.


Dear Maud,

Thanks for the rock candy! The pink one was my favorite.

I met another filly about my age today. Her name was Fluttershy! She’s really timid, but Gummy likes her, and she seems to like him as well.

Also, it turns out she’s friends with Rainbow Dash. I saw them talking. I wonder where they met?

I went back to Rarity’s house today. She seemed pleased to see me, and we ended up talking about gemstones! She likes them, I like them, it’s a win-win!

I don’t really have anything else to say. Hope you’re well!
Your Sister, Pinkie.


Dear Pinkie,

I’m glad that you liked the rock candy. I’ll have to meet Rarity sometime.
She seems to know a lot about rocks.
From Maud.


Dear Maud,

GUESS WHAT! I invited Rarity over to the Cakes house (with their permission) for the night and she said yes! Actually, that’s where we are right now. Rarity, say hi! Hello Maud. Back to me! Sorry, I have to cut this letter short. I’ll right to you soon!
Your Sister Pinkie. (and Rarity.)


Dear Pinkie,
That’s great. I’m glad you’ve made a friend. If Rarity’s there, be good to my sister, okay?
From Maud.


Dear Maud,

Rarity says she will. The night she stayed over was awesome! We watched movies, and she even made cupcakes with me! (Which is kind of special, since she also ate one and broke her diet.) Next time, I’m going to stay at her house! It’s gonna be great!
Your Sister, Pinkie.


Dear Pinkie,

That does sound wonderful. I have bad news. A rock rolled over my foot. I’m writing this from bed. It kind of hurts, and I can’t walk on it. Hope things are better for you.
From Maud.


Dear Maud,

I’m so sorry! Are you alright? Get better soon!

Things have been going well here. Rarity’s house is so huge! It has four bedrooms! Hers is light purple.

Hope you get better!
Your Sister, Pinkie.


Dear Rarity,

I need to warn you about Pinkie. She sometimes gets these weird tingles that predict something will happen. Don’t panic. This is normal. (She’ll call it her Pinkie Sense.) She also sometimes guesses thing on the first try, even if they’re very complicated. Don’t worry about this either. It’s normal. Impossible things just happen when she’s around.

That’s just our Pinkie Pie.

From a Concerned Sister, Maud.









Comments ( 7 )

Thanks! I appreciate your positive feedback!

Why thats judmst the cutest thing!

Spotted a few mistakes:

the name of the of everyone

“Oh, does that I can bounce upside down on my head?”

but I’d rather have that then no one tell me what was wrong.

This one isn't strictly an error, since there are times when they've said "no one" in the show, so I guess it's up to the individual to decide. :rainbowwild:

I’ll right to you soon!

But very cute, with nice insights into both characters. Good job. :twilightsmile:

Curse you ponies and your species-specific words!
Thank you for pointing out my errors.

Well, I'd say this was rather charming. :pinkiesmile:

Thanks for writing! :twilightsmile:

That last letter. :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment