• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 2,945 Views, 271 Comments

Discord's Family Reunion - Mister E



Celestia's plan to reform Discord had worked beyond her expectations. But as he and his new pony bride start to settle down to a life of friendship and kindness, a letter arrives from a family member, sending the Chaos Lord into a panic.

  • ...
20
 271
 2,945

Part 1

Discord's Family Reunion

Prologue

It had been a time of extended peace throughout the lands of Equestria. Celestia’s plan to reform Discord had succeeded beyond her expectations. His friendship with the pony Fluttershy had, over time, developed into something more, and despite several hardships and adventures, the two had eventually become married. All seemed well for the reformed Lord of Chaos. But his thousands of years of strife were not so easily forgotten by some. His past was about to catch up with him...


Part 1
The Letter

It was a beautiful spring day. The weather was warm but not overly so. A few clouds passed occasionally through the sky. And in a certain garden, of a certain palace, owned by a certain reformed Lord of Chaos, and his pony bride, a group of friends was enjoying a picnic. What they had no way of knowing was, that before the last beverage was served, and the last sandwich was eaten, a series of events would begin to unfold that would change their lives forever...

“More tea Rarity?”

“Why Discord, I'd be delighted.”

“A wedge of lemon perhaps?”

“Yes, please, you know my tastes so well.”

“Think nothing of it. And you Pinky Pie, would you care for more chocolate milk, perhaps some cookies?”

“Mmm Hmm”, she replies, as Discord snaps his claw. {snap}.

“There we are. Are the trampolines to your liking?” (Pinky flies by sideways snatching a glass of chocolate milk as she passes, then flies back the other direction replacing the empty glass as she snatches up a cookie.

“Yaaah hoo, these are great! You say they are per- per...”

“Pinky Pie's Perpetual Perpendicular Playthings.”

“Well, whatever you call them, I LOVE it!”

“And the rest of you ladies, plenty of snacks? I can always make more. Rainbow Dash, are you ready for another cider?”

“Discord,” Rainbow Dash replies, “I'm ALWAYS ready for cider!’ {snap}, a ball cap with the wonder bolts symbol and two cider mugs on either side appears on Rainbow Dash's head, with two straws leading to her mouth. “Awesome, twice the cider, and I can fly while drinking it! Discord, you’re the best!” Rainbow says as she flies off.

“At your service my dear. Princesses, may I freshen your glasses? I do hope you like the appetizers, I got the recipe from Dobbie Flay himself while on a grocery run to Manehatten.” Luna, Twilight, and Celestia share a quick glance, then all three hold their glasses up expectantly with warm smiles.

“Yes please,” they chorus.

“I must say Discord” Celestia speaks pleasantly, "this is a truly wonderful picnic. It was quiet a pleasant surprise to see both the invitation and the portal to your castle this morning.”

"Well" replies Discord, "Fluttershy was just saying the other day that it seems like forever since all of us were together again in one place. And now that all of that unpleasantness from a few years ago is behind us, I suggested how wonderful it would be to spend this fine day together. Shining Armor and Cadence should be arriving shortly. And Applejack insisted on the use of my kitchen to bake us some of her delicious apple pies for dessert. I believe Spike is giving her a hand. (Discord winks at Twilight Sparkle in a conspiratorial fashion).

Twilight giggles, "I'll bet he is. It's good to see that he finally noticed how Applejack was feeling. Thanks for the help Luna" Luna smiles knowingly.

"Love is like a beautiful dream, and I should know!" They all laugh together.

"Speaking of dreams" Discord intones, "Here comes mine now".

All eyes look toward the flower archway leading into the garden as Fluttershy enters, fussing with a bow tie that Angel Bunny is reluctantly wearing.

“Oh dear” she says in an exasperated voice, "Angel, it'll never stay straight if you keep tugging at it. Discord dear, could you lend a claw?"

"Anything for you my dear" {snap} Angel Bunny's tie is now perfectly straight and is now magically resistant to being unraveled. A voice comes from over Discord's shoulder.

"Although it has been many a year, those words I thought I would never hear."

"Indeed Zecora. Who would've ever thought that I Discord, Lord of Chaos, would ever be, dare I say it aloud? Happy? And to have a home, a bride, and so very many friends... (tears well up in Discords eyes as he looks around at everyone), I must say, that as of right now, this moment, I am happier than I've ever been in my entire Li-"

"Mail Call!" A voice from over the hedges shouts.

"Mail?" Discord says querulously, "For Me? Why, this day just gets better and better. I can't recall anyone ever sending mail to ME before.” {Snap} the envelope appears in his claws. “Thank you my good pony. He's something for your trouble.” {Snap} a pouch of gold coins appears in Derpy's hooves.

"Whoo hoo!" She exclaims, as she gallops off. All the various ponies stop what they are doing and gather around Discord.

"Darling, whomever is it from?" Rarity inquires.

"It doesn't say. Just my name and address. Discord, Lord of Chaos, Palace of the Two Sisters, Equestria... You know we really must get around to changing the name of the place at some point my dear." Discord says glancing at Fluttershy."Perhaps Fluttershy Manor? Fluttershy's Retreat? Fluttershy's Home for wayward animals? The Flutter-tress of Solitude?".

"Dear" Fluttershy responds playfully. You’re about to get THE STARE.”

"Well then,” Discord pretends to be taken aback, "In that case I suppose I'd better be opening MYYYY Letter.”

Discord opens the top of the envelope, and pulls out a single sheet of folded paper. {Snap} A pair of gaudy reading glasses appears on his face. "Let's see here. Dear Discord blah, blah, blah, word has recently reached me about your wedding, yadda, yadda, coming to visit you and your new bride, expect me on the day of yadda, yadda, yours truly, your Si-Si- AHHHHHHHHHH!" Discord breaks off his reading and screams in terror, then promptly passes out.

"Si-Si-AHHHHHHHHHH! "Pinkie says as she bounces by, "Name doesn't ring a bell" she says passing by in the other direction. The ponies gather closer.

"What under the sun, or darkest night, could cause the Chaos Lord such a fright?"

"I don't know Zecora.” Twilight replies. "Even the elements of harmony never frightened Discord. Let me have a look at that letter.” Twilight picks up the letter, and begins to read aloud.


"Dear Discord,

My travels have taken me far across the lands of Equestria, however word has recently reached me about your wedding. I was completely thunderstruck. YOU, the Lord of Chaos, Ragnarok Incarnate, Bringer of Strife, and the pony who drove our beloved father into self exile," (Father?!?! Several ponies say). You of all beings have found a bride?!? A willing bride? Someone who loves you? And that YOU love in return? This I must behold with my own two eyes. I am coming to visit you and your new bride. Expect me on the day of the spring equinox. Yours truly, Your Sister Harmony...

P.S. Don't even think about running away, you KNOW I can always find out where YOU are."

Voices all begin to speak at the same time, "Sister?!?" "Harmony?!? As in Tree of Harmony? Elements of Harmony?"

Suddenly a voice booms from the doorway, "Who wants pie?" Applejack surveys the scene, Every pony talking excitedly, Rainbow Dash, numb from shock, unconsciously backing into the path of Pinkie Pie, the resulting collision causing both of them to fly off in different directions. Pinkie sprawling into Cadence as she and Shining Armor emerge from a portal, Discord lying unconscious on the cobblestones, a frantic Fluttershy patting his paw, trying to wake him up. Angel Bunny throwing a glass of water in his face, glass and all...

“I'll take it that's a 'no' on the pie then?” she says.

Several minutes pass, and then Discord slowly opens his eyes. “Oh the dreams I keep having. Marriage, tea parties, my sis- wait a minute...” Discord looks around, Fluttershy and all the other ponies are looking at him expectantly. "Ah, NOT a dream then." He says in a calm dignified voice. "Well in that case... TIME TO PANIC!" He screeches. Discord begins to shudder, and frantically talk to himself, "She's coming, she's coming, she's coming! Need to hide, need to hide," "you can't hide idiot! She can always find you,” he argues to himself. "Think, think, think... maybe she's gotten over it (shudder), no not likely," finally Discord let's his head slump between his shoulders, and falls to his knees on the ground, then throwing his head back and in a voice remarkably like that of Rarity he wails "What am I gonna do-hoo-hoo!"

Rainbow Dash steps forward, "Don't worry everypony, I've seen Rarity like this, I know just what to do... " And with that Rainbow Dash rears her front hoof back, and slaps Discord a resounding CRACK across the face...

"You just slapped... " Celestia begins,

"The Lord of Chaos..." Luna continues,

"In the face..." Twilight finishes.

Zecora sums up the reactions of the rest of the ponies present, "Daaaaaaang!" All eyes look at her curiously "What?" she replies.

A now much calmer Discord rises from the ground. "Tank ooo ainbow Dash... I tink... that's... quite an arm you've got there..."

"No problem,” she replies. "Rarity gets like that every time there is a fashion show deadline, so I've had LOTS of practice.”

"Ah yes," Rarity titters, "Well there may have been one or two rare occasions where I may have possibly gotten somewhat... emotional. {Tee, hee hee}"

"Discord,” Fluttershy asks, "Twilight read us your letter while you were, um, resting. I never knew you had a sister. And she says she's coming here... to visit US. Is she, your sister that is... is she, well, like you... used to be?"

"Oh heavens no, my dear," Discord responds, sighs of relief escape from those gathered. "She's much MUCH more terrifying than I ever was!"

"Eeep!" gasps Fluttershy.

"Discord sighs, "I suppose my darling, that you have a right to know about her. Especially since she will be here in three days, and there is nowhere in all of Equestria I could hide from her." He adds in a disgruntled tone.

"She's that powerful?" asks Twilight.

"More than you can imagine. That tree you received your elements from? That's hers. And although she invested it with more than half of her powers, what remains is more than enough to track me to the ends of the world.

Look, lets all go inside,” {snap} they all appear in a large sitting room, have some refreshments, {snap} various favorite foods of each pony appear before them. “And I'll tell you all about it... No, better yet, I'll let you see it for yourselves {snap}”. A three-dimensional movie of sorts begins to play in the center of the sitting area.

"Just to make this more bearable I'm having it narrated by Morgan Faroe-mane, (Um, you know, that's quite the obscure pony pun... really only for those that know pony breeds. Should I go with Morgan Free-mane instead?).”

Cracking sounds occur. “Oh Dear, I do believe I've put a teensy crack in the fourth wall.”

“What's the four-” Twilight begins, as Discord snaps his fingers and time stops for every pony in the room.

"Oh my, this will never, never do... Hello Quix! Do you have any duct tape? There's a small crack-,” more cracking sounds occur, "well, would you look at that... it's gotten bigger... Hey Qu-,”

"SHUT UP!" A voice booms from on high.

"Well,” Discord responds in a huff, "SOME pony certainly is cranky today. {Sigh}, you know what I think that YOUR problem is? YOU need a new girlfriend.”

More cracking noises, "SHUT UP!", a voice peals like thunder.

"I mean it's been over a year since she cheated on you and broke your-,”

"BE QUIET!"

"Look, I'm just saying... over a year? Time to move ON sir..."

The skies darken and thunder shakes the room.

"DISSSSSSCOOOOOOORRRRRD!!!!!!"

Discord finally realizes the situation he's in, "I do?", he responds querulously, more cracking sounds occur. "I mean, look as all these silly little cracks, let me just take care of that.” {Snap}, a spray bottle of inter-dimensional Windex appears in his claws, and he begins to studiously wipe away the cracks he foolishly made in the fourth wall. He then rewinds time to the moment before it occurred and prepared to resume where he had left off. "Dear viewers, please disregard the previous paragraph as if it never happened, and return to where we were before you read them.” A loud shattering sound occurs.

"ARRRGHHHH! YOU'VE BROKEN THE FOURTH WALL ENTIRELY!!!"

"Sorry! Sorry, fixing it right now! oopsie!" {Snap}.

"Just to make this bearable I'm having it narrated by Morgan Free-mane. I considered Christopher Walking-horse, but ugh, all those pauses. Anyway, you might as well all get comfortable, this goes back quite a bit..." And with that Discord settles in next to Fluttershy. "Please try to remember my dear,” he says softly, "the creature you see before you is no longer the monster I used to be. If I didn't know that Harmony's visit was unavoidable, I'd spare you what you are about to witness."

"Don't worry dear, after all we've gone through, the love we have between us is strong enough to overcome the past."

Discord gazes into Fluttershy's eyes, as his own glisten with tears, "I can only hope,” he whispers, "that when this is over, that you still feel the same." And with that, the lights slowly go out, and all those that are present learn the truth about Discord, and their very world...