• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 4,439 Views, 385 Comments

Synch - sunnypack



Dive into a new world with Synch, a revolutionary device that interfaces with your brainwaves. Synch is taking the world by storm. Take a vacation. Find adventure. Unfortunately for one human though, he is about to have a never-ending adventure...

  • ...
25
 385
 4,439

Chapters Next
1 - Prologue

I miss the extranet feeds.

Instant updates on things that I liked, news that I wanted to keep an eye on, drama, interactions, videos and the various other minutiæ that made up the heartbeat of humanity.

It was an addiction that we couldn't escape, but I revelled in it.

After the inception of the extranet, humanity had locked itself in its slumbering cradle, bypassing the demand to expand and concentrating on the entertainment sparked from a collection of wanton authors.

Most of the new content that was created was garbage, but none really wanted to recognise it as so. Cliques had formed, groups had the community of tight-knit belonging that meshed them together and against all other outside criticisms and opinions.

What had started out as the sharing of information, then the centralising of such, became the drawing of social lines and the exclusive membership of those that thought similar things.

Where was innovation? Where was the desire to reach out and know more?

I think our passion was dying, like an appendage so forgotten that it became useless, a muscle never strained that it had grown soft.

We were the era's spoilt children.

We knew nothing of struggle or pain, fear or destruction, hunger or loss.

The quantum age was a curse disguised as a blessing.

But none were the wiser.

Even me.

Author's Note:

First of all, thank you so much for giving Synch a read, I hope you find some enjoyment from it!

Also because I actually live in Australia this is written in Australian English, sorry for the inconvenience to our other English-speaking counterparts!

Chapters Next