• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 6,350 Views, 2,988 Comments

Transformers: The Requiem - JDPrime22



Over a year later after the terrible aftermath of the Decepticon invasion, Princess Twilight discovers something deep within the Everfree Forest, something not of her world.

  • ...
21
 2,988
 6,350

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20-Nothing More

The scientist’s attention was captured by a flashing red light.

The dreaded silence he suffered for years had suddenly ceased for a brief moment. In that moment of clarity a beep was heard. It was coming from the flashing red light. His patience had been in turmoil for several years, and the scientist placed down the surgical tool in his good right hand and walked over to the light.

His operations would have to wait for another time, for this seemed very unusual.

The scientist stood above a small table where a hologram was displayed upwards. It showed of a map he has not laid witness to for days untold. In the center of the map, information hung directly beneath that flashing red light, a little beep heard each time. The information was written in a language that was natural to the scientist, something all his species knew.

Deciding not to waste any more precious battery life just staring at the hologram, the scientist reached his right hand to the blue essence before him. He extended his fingers outwards, bringing the text in for closer examination. Cute. Being a scientist allowed him to think of such vocabulary in everyday activities, even if it was just zooming in on a hologram. Others would think it was quite humorous. He didn’t think it was funny. Nothing was funny to him.

The text was now perfect for his aging vision to read clearly. He brought his head in much closer to the blue hologram and began reading his native tongue quietly to himself.

When he was done reading, the scientist brought his head back.

“Illogical,” he muttered.

He quickly continued his research on this slightly amusing and slightly disturbing news his reconnaissance drones have captured. He brought his fingers together several times, causing the map to zoom out further and further. The hologram once showed nothing but a large piece of land. As he zoomed out it showed a whole continent. Once more and the hologram valued the presence of a beautiful planet, rich with life.

He could still see that flashing red light.

The scientist used his right hand to stabilize himself. He brought his head in for a much closer observation. The flash of red reflected off of his eye each time it glowed.

Whether he wanted to or not, the scientist began talking to himself for the umpteenth time that current week.

“It has been years since I have sent them to the world. The planet shows signs of massive activity, obviously from the current species still governing it. However, further research is needed to acquire a basis for the recent activities of these alien life forms. Once the drones return from the planet, replay all the recordings they have found and place them in the databanks.”

He leaned back from the hologram and sighed.

“It’s impossible… An Autobot has awakened.”

It’s not like he wanted to spend time on this any longer than he needed to. The scientist believed he was rid of those Autobots long ago, back in a time he could hardly remember. He found the nearest metal chair he could find and took a seat. He rested the back of his head against the chair’s neck rest. It has been so long. So very, very long.

The memories seemed only like nightmares now.

All he could remember was falling. The wind rushing past him with a heated glory, courtesy of his home world’s massive fire pits. Screaming and falling wasn’t all he remembered. The scientist awoke not too long to witness bodies of his dead allies and enemies lying around him. But he wasn’t dead, lying in the rust and joining his fellow brothers. He was the only one who seemed fully functional.

Large ships merged with the ground, millions of dead bodies at his feet, and a shattered world he could only call home was what he witnessed when he awoke. He did remember another thing as well. A dark circle in the sky... Yes…he remembered now.

The Space Bridge Portal.

It closed forever before he even had a chance to speak. That left the scientist alone, forgotten, abandoned in a wasteland of no return. Home sweet home. However, that didn’t crush his spirit. The spirit he held would venture out, would survive until he was capable of supporting not only himself…but his wounded brothers as well.

He didn’t know how long it took to save them. Sadly, not all of his brothers were saved, and certain sacrifices need to be accomplished in order for them to survive. The lonely scientist was ashamed of himself for having degraded to such levels of insanity, but he didn’t regret it. Sometimes, one must do unthinkable actions in order to survive.

He consumed the lifeblood of his dead brothers.

Not many would think so, but their lifeblood could be converted into a fuel source that his species needed to live off of. This was called Energon, their blood and their source of life. He felt like a scavenger. Nothing but a cannibal. But when they had nothing to consume…sometimes all the rules needed to be changed.

The ones he did manage to save were quite fortunate, and they aided the scientist with whatever he needed in order to support them and his self. Their numbers were few, but they grew stronger each day, consuming the lifeblood of their fallen brothers and even saving the lives of many others who were presumed dead.

He did notice some change, though. Consuming Cybertronian blood is not safe. Even if the scientist tried his best to convert it into a safe source of energy, there was still some…side effects. He noticed some of his brothers acting out in a fit of hunger, fighting each other like mindless beasts and ripping each other apart. Their ways of dreaded survival had turned them from sentient creatures capable of science and meaning…to vile and ruthless hunters hungry for blood.

There was only one group to blame.

The Autobots.

They were the first to be ridden of. He made quite sure that the Autobots were sucked dry of Energon and their bodies were tossed into the scrapheap. However, being a scientist by true nature, he didn’t give up perfectly good bodies that easily…

He made some observations on certain Autobots’ sparks and got a wickedly dark idea.

Not much was done to their sparks, except for a few alterations the scientist made certain of. He couldn’t stop thinking of the aftermath this would bring throughout the entire operations, he remembered. A very spectacular achievement was acquired that day. The scientist discovered that the Matrix of Leadership could actually be removed.

Like the others before the select few came into the picture, the scientist sucked them dry of their Energon. However, space capsules were prepared for the select few of Autobots for an immediate departure. A waste of Energon, perhaps? False. The scientist knew they had plenty of Energon to spare from their fallen comrades, and the final stages of his plan quickly came into effect.

He would have the coordinates set to that wretched pony world.

That’s exactly what happened.

The equines that ruled the planet would no doubt find the Autobots in the essence of time. He could’ve only imagined the looks on their horrified faces when they discovered that they couldn’t bring them back to life. It was a final blow for all the torment those ponies have caused on him and his brothers.

He didn’t think of it as a final blow…he thought of it as payback.

They could be so close to having their “heroes” return to them, only to realize that their planet did not have the tools to create safe Energon to bring the Autobots back to life. It was a satisfyingly cruel joke that had the scientist lost in the darkest remnants of his mind.

It had been several years since that event had taken place. Approximately 402 years to be precise. He was keeping track.

Now…an Autobot was alive and roaming the continent of Equestria.

He had no idea how it was possible. He just didn’t know how the equines managed to acquire Energon. They could’ve become more technologically advanced, that was always a possibility. Several years have passed on Cybertron, but as he had discovered long ago a day on that pony world meant a year on his world. So it’s not possible that a planet full of middle-aged machinery and wooden houses could evolve in that amount of time.

His surveillance drones could possibly give him the answer once they returned from their long journey home, but until then…he was completely clueless.

The silence was sweet; as if it was the only slice of peace he’s had in a long time. Most of the time the room was filled with death, the scientist’s sick experiments filling the room with a smell that was unbearable even to the most vicious warriors who have witnessed death first hand. Yes, the silence was truly-

His hearing processors captured something else… More beeping.

Bitter sweet.

The scientist motioned his gaze back to the hologram. Needless to say he was surprised…and a little bit shocked.

The hologram acted on its own and zoomed in back on the continent of Equestria. That same red light kept flashing brighter and brighter, but joining it were two more equally bright lights. The scientist jumped out of his chair and got to the hologram in two seconds, his sight scanning the map for anymore…surprises. He didn’t have to wait long. Another red light appeared on a different part of the map.

He nearly collapsed. Autobots were awakening…all at once?! It couldn’t be possible, the drones must’ve had a glitch, something he needed to fix right away when they came home.

Another bright red light showed up.

The scientist backed away from the hologram. “It’s…illogical,” he kept telling himself.

Even if it was a glitch, there was no way it would duplicate Autobot presences. It was just simply unheard of! However, he has received reports from the drones a few years back about Equestrian technology becoming frighteningly similar to their own. He shook off the report, however, knowing that those were just weak-minded equines and had no knowledge of their advances. Now, he was starting to believe it.

Taking a few short, calm breaths, he looked back at the hologram with interest. He approached it once more and made it zoom out. The entire planet was covered in a wave of blue energy that the hologram projected. He got in for a closer look…

The world of the ponies…ready for the taking.

Shockwave’s purple eye flashed bright red.

“Perhaps it is time for a little visit.”

PreviousChapters Next