• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 844 Views, 2 Comments

Doctor Who-Brand New World - steel soul



This is the Tale of how the adventrous mare met an impossible stallion.

  • ...
1
 2
 844

Chapter One

The Diva and the Traveler
Canterlot
4th of Summer 1001 C.R., 9:54 pm

Fleur-De-Lis sighed as she closed the door to her carriage, muffling out the many reporter’s that had been asking her questions non-stop ever since she left the hotel. She barely felt the jostle as her driver snapped the reigns, causing both her ride to move and the stallions pulling it to mutter a curse under their breath.

“Another show comes and goes…” The mare sighed. “And they carry on and love the mare that they see…”

Fleur looked out the window towards the darkened sky, a forlorn look clouding her gentle eyes. ‘Fame. Fortune. Influence. Is that all there is to life now? Is this all there was for me?’

“Is this what I really want?”

The question reverberated inside her mind

Fleur closed his eyes, her mind slipping from the waking world to that of her memories.

~

“My goodness Fleur! You solved it already?!”

The young mare looked up towards her unicorn professor as she held up the stone tablet within a pinkish glow of her magic. Her eyes were quite strained from the lack of sleep but her bright smile held no such feeling.

“What? You doubted me that much Professor Pick Axe?” She asked putting on an extremely fake pouting expression.

“No! I-It’s not that…it’s just…” The stallion looked away. “When you said you would solve it right away…I didn’t think you meant in four days…”

“Would have been two if I didn’t need sleep you know.” She said putting the tablet down with a wave of magic. “It was tough getting past the encryption but well worth it in the end I’d say.” She mused softly. “To think that well before the Princesses came to power, there was a prophecy stating that they would. It sets up a whole new field of study if we can find more sites like these.”

The professor shook his head, chuckling slightly at the raise in tone as the mare’s excitement grew. “You have once again amazed me Fleur. Your knack for deciphering is quite the gift.”

Fleur sighed as she looked downwards. “Glad somepony thinks so…”

The professor grew a somber expression as he placed a hoof on her shoulder. “Is this about…?” Fleur nodded before he could even finish the question. “So you really have to leave then…This is your last year here?”

“It is…What she wants.” Fleur said, with a bit of disdain in her tone. “And what she wants she gets, no matter how much you want to disagree.”

The professor sighed before moving towards the door. “Then…Heh…You better make this one hell of a year Miss Fleur. Think you can handle the team coming in tomorrow?”

She smiled her ears perking up slightly at his words. “You can count on me Professor” She casted a gaze towards the tablet, more importantly, towards the little blue box that sat on the corner of one of the edges. “You can count on it…”

~

Fleur-De-Lis opened her eyes as she as her memory faded to the back of her mind. “I never did figure what that tablet actually was in the end.” She lamented. Looking towards her left she noticed that they were passing by the Canterlot Gardens. Frowning, she tapped the window, motioning the driver to stop. She daintily stepped out of the cart and told the driver that she would get some fresh air before heading towards the castle.

Fleur gave one last look to the carriage before turning to face the castle. She placed a hesatint hoof forward before retracting it.

“What if I…I just walked away?” She said softly to herself. “Left without a trace…to go where I wanted without a care…Could I…Could I really do that?” She turned to step in the opposite direction of the castle, her hoof becoming hesitant again. “Do I have the courage to do it is more like it…” she berated herself before lowering her and turning back to head home. “Heh. Maybe if I don’t look to where I’m going…maybe…I’ll be somewhere new…”

Fleur was had wondered aimlessly for some time before she realized where she had ended up. The familiar maze like garden of the royal Canterlot Castle. She gave shook her head, forming a sad smile.

“This place…I remember this place. I always pretended to go on ‘Adventures’ here. Looking for caves and bad ponies to fight.”

She could remember it all, the smell of the grass the feeling of butterflies flowing in her belly, the tingling of her hooves whenever she found something new.

She remembered it all to the point where it became sickening to her. The time to live free long past her.

“Still…”

She looked up into the night sky, the stars twinkling ever so brightly. “I wish…I could just…” Her eyes turned to find a shooting star flying across the sky, its bright yellow tail glittering brightly behind it. “I wish…for an adventure, one…One last one…Like I use to as a filly...”

Once she opened her eyes again she found that her shooting star had begun to move in a sporadic way. It swerved this way and that way at wild angles, all the while looking as if was growing in size.

No…wait…It looked like it was coming closer…

She kept her eyes glued to the sky and, as it did, she could see that something was amiss with her shooting star. Now, she knew she wasn’t one of the brightest mares in the county but she was smart enough to know that a shooting star was nothing more than oversized rock flying too close to the earth. So it came to a complete surprise to her when she noticed a vaguely informal shape to it. True she could not tell what it was exactly, but it was just too…different and-

“Oh Dear!!”

She ducked just as it passed by her. It more than likely wouldn’t have hit her in the first place it always pays to be safe than sorry right? A loud crash was heard in the distance and followed by the sound of something tearing through the dirt. When it ended she opened her once more to find that her surroundings had changed drastically.

Some parts of the hedge brush, mostly the parts where the object must have hit, were ruined though miraculously not burned as she might have expected. The air was filled with smoke and dust, causing her to cough just a little bit. Her eyes stung at the touch of the dust.

“W-what in Luna’s name was that?” Fleur said out loud. She tracked her way toward the way the object had been headed, the dust clouding her vision. She could see a dark shape visable within the clouded area, box-like in shape.

“I…I should leave…I don’t know what that this was but…” She her head bumped into something rather hard. It didn’t feel like rock…no it actually felt like wood. She waved a hoof in front of herself and felt the smooth yet odd feeling surface of it.

Yep defiantly wood.

The dust and smoke began to clear up around her and she could finally make out what it was she had just bump into.

Her eyes went wide as to what she saw.

“A big blue…box?”

To her surprise, it was indeed a box sitting at an awkward angle on the ground. She could see deep scorch marks covering every inch of it, which raised more questions within her mind. She moved closer as she made out some words that were written on what looked like a door.

“Police Public Call Box?”

Fleur cautiously came closer to it and gave it a gentle knock. She was, much to her surprised, rewarded with a loud creek for her efforts in inspection. She jumped back in fright just as something came crashing down to where she just had been. She was set to run away but then saw exactly what it was that had nearly crushed her. A stallion, brown furred and maned, lay on the dusty ground, a golden hew of dust particles dissipating from his body slowly before being whisked away into the nighttime air. She looked up just in time to see a door shut just soon after from the place he had just fallen from. She didn’t know what it was but she was sure that it wasn’t normal.

Her eyes widened as the stallion began to stir from where he had just fallen, his limbs slowly trying to lift himself up from his belly down position. She could see one of his eyes opening, deep blue sapphires trying to blink away the dizziness he was no doubt feeling.

“Ow…Okay…Okay…ow. Defiantly will never; ever try that again.” He looked to his side, finding the flabbergasted Fleur rearing back in fear from his eyes focusing in on her. “You there, white…pink thing. Word of advice; crossing a red and blue wire is never, I repeat, never a good ideal despite what movies tell you. I was given quite the shock, both literally and figuratively.” The odd stallion stood on shaky hooves, rocking back and forth as if he was about to fall over any second. “Hey! Does my voice sound weird to you or is it just me?”

Fleur blinked once before opening her mouth to say something, but was stopped with the stallion coughed, a trail of the gold dust, whisking from his mouth.

“Oh no…It happened again didn’t it?” He said forming a deadpanned look. “You save world after world from total destruction only to be paid with new body. You see, this is why I can’t have nice things. Right! Let’s see what we have here. Hands? No hands. Okay…new…weird new but new none the less. If not hands then….judging by the shape, weight and structure…Hooves? Yes hooves! I have hooves. New, to hooves. Never had hooves. Oh and brown skin…no...wait…fur…Brown fur. Never had fur before…Wait! If I never had fur before the-!” He looked up towards his crown as best he could, pulling his mane down with both hooves. “Bugger! Not ginger. I’m starting to think someone is playing a cruel joke on me, controlling my regenerations so that I never, ever, become ginger.” He shrugged. “Oh well. Back to checking over my furry hoovy self! Now then let’s see here. Oh wow! Now that is a nose! Feeling and structure and shape I believe it points to…Equus ferus caballus, or horse if you’re not in the know like I am. Oh! And look at that! I have a tail! And a tattoo? Yes…Yes…A tattoo…of an hourglass no less. Now that is just bonkers!”

He smiled brightly at Fleur. “You there! What color are my eyes? I lack a mirror to see myself you see.”

“B-Blue…” her mouth answered before hey mind told her to stop.

“Blue! That is a color, isn’t it? Had brown for most of my lives…weeeelllllll except that one time. But I digress! Blue it is, and blue it shall be!” He coughed again, more of the gold smoke spewing from his mouth. “Oh! Oh…Well…bugger…” He said just before falling over, his side hitting the dirt path.

“Oh-no! Oh-no!” Fleur quickly made her way to the stallion, kneeling beside him before looking over towards the blue box, a soft light shining from the windows before, fading away and leaving the pair of ponies with only Luna’s moon to shine upon them. “That…That box…But…”

The sound of him grunting in pain caused her vision to snap back to stallion, catching a glimpse of more of the gold dust as it slipped from his mouth. “Oh dear…I…I need to get him help.” She quickly but carefully lifted him up with her magic and set him delicately on her back. He was, to her surprise, a lot lighter then he looked. She galloped as fast as she could, all the while looking back at the blue box one last time.

“I wanted an Adventure…And I got one…”

~

Pink ooze slipped from underneath the blue box slowly making its way into the hedge bushes nearby.
It popped and bubbled viciously as it began to search for what it needed. For what it longed for. For what it wanted

It needed run.

It could not let him find it.

Not that easily.

It longed for revenge. Revenge against the very being it hated the most. The very being that had destroyed everything that he knew was his own.

It needed to…

Feed…