• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 648 Views, 1 Comments

How wrong I was - Tornado-Blitz



Twilight looks back one day on her life, Remembering her time as a hard working filly, oh how wrong she was back then.

  • ...
4
 1
 648

I'm glad I realised

My life is amazing, I wield the element of magic, I've saved Equestria many times, I'm a princess who has the greatest friends one could ask for, but now that I look back to my filly years, I can't help but see how I was so wrong, so wrong, so very wrong.

I had no friends, excluding Cadence, Spike and Shining Armor but I guess he doesn't really count since he is my brother, I was always studying, always reading books. I got invited out regularly by other ponies in my classes but I turned them down. I was always sat alone at school, never talked to anypony, every team project we were assigned I did alone, I said no to the other teams when they asked if I wanted to join them.

My study's always came first back then, I always tried to better myself in every way, learning new spells and researching new topics, I excelled in all my magic classes and became Princess Celestia's faithful student when I passed my exam and got my cutie mark.

I rejected other ponies friendships for my entire time in Canterlot, boy I missed out on so much, all that bonding, all the time I could have spent making great memories to look back on, I wasted those years, all those years, on my own with my head stuck in a book.

I had a great bond with Shining Armor, Cadence, Celestia, Spike and my parents, but never thought I needed other ponies to make my life complete, I had my books to read, and I guess I had to spend time with them since Shining Armor is my brother, Cadence was my foalsitter, Celestia was my mentor, Spike was given to me so was my responsibility and my parents, well there my parents, but I still loved them dearly, so why didn't I make any friends at school? Well I really don't know. I guess I wanted to be the best, impress Celestia and prove I'm not just a boring, old unicorn, but truth is I wasn't and neither was any other unicorn, we were all special, we all had individual talents and personality's that made us unique, no of us were boring. Now that I look back on my old mentality I cringe, I wish I had realised the magic of friendship sooner, if only.

The day I was sent to Ponyville, well that day changed my life significantly, I met my best friends, stopped Nightmare Moon, brought back Princess Luna, became an element of harmony, got to stay in Ponyville in a library my favourite place! But the best part of all I discovered the magic of friendship, the most powerful, magical force in all of Equestria.

I already had some sort of magical connect to my friends before we even met, the elements of harmony connected us. When Rainbow Dash performed the sonic rainboom she caused all of us to get our cutie marks, she was the reason I aced my entry exam and became Princess Celestia's faithful student, I owed everything to her without even knowing, I sure did need other ponies back then, I just never realised, there actions were either always there or went unnoticed by me, I guess I was very ignorant back then, oh Celestia I wish I weren't.

Ever since I met my friends my life has been so much better, so different from my life back in Canterlot, went out everyday, made new friends, talked to everypony, socialised! Stuff I never thought I would do, or need to do, but I was wrong. My life improved significantly ever since that day, and so did my magic! After discovering the magic of friendship I had more magic power then I ever thought I could master, Celestia gave me more advanced spells and I learned and perfected them with ease. I wrote to the Princess whenever I learn't a new friendship lesson and after my mental break down so did my friends. I quickly became an expert on friendship, I could ace a quiz on it's bliss and solve any friendship problem.

Together as friends we defeated Discord, overcame disharmony, helped stop Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra, Brought back Princess Luna by defeating Nightmare Moon with the elements, imprisoned tirek and restored magic to Equestria. We have been though so much as friends, and after I completed one of Starswirl the bearded's spells that he couldn't even master and earned my crown and wings, things only got better!

I wouldn't be where I am today without friendship or my friends, I wouldn't of be able to defeat Nightmare Moon, Discord or Tirek without the other elements of harmony, I would have died trying, their friendship kept me strong and together we can conquer any foe that threatens Equestria, as long as we have four friendship nothing will stand in our way.

Looking back now, I can't help but think what an idiot I was back then, I'd be nothing without my friends, NOTHING! I was so stupid, I was alone for all those years, no friends, no real magic, I was missing something all that time but I just couldn't place it, i was so content with my books and studys that I never realised, but now I'm the princess of friendship, I have mastered all aspects of friendship and have the bestest friends I could have ever asked for, I owe this all to Celestia, she sent me to Ponyville, I would have never gone if it wasn't for her, thanks to her I have he greatest life one could ask for, now I see how blind I was as a filly, how blind I was until I went to ponyville, met the greatest ponies in my life and discovered the greatest magic of all, the magic of friendship!