• Published 30th Oct 2011
  • 36,591 Views, 5,030 Comments

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd - Lithe Kamitatsy



One night of fun for a certain musical pair will leave their lives upside down.

  • ...
74
 5,030
 36,591

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Fifty

Octavia shifted slightly in bed, rolling over to shield her eyes from the light peeking in through the window. The party went into the wee hours of the morning, the other mares deciding to head home close to two. Octavia and Vinyl showed them out, thanked them all for the gift and for the party, and went to bed. Octavia gingerly opened her eyes, and smiled when she saw the ruby red eyes of her lover staring back softly. "Morning, sleepy head," Vinyl said softly.

"Good morning, Vinyl...did you sleep well?" Octavia asked just as softly.

"Like a rock. I haven't gotten that comfortable in ages...it's nice to sleep in our bed again," Vinyl smiled.

"Agreed," Octavia smirked, leaning in and sharing a gentle, yet passionate kiss with her. "We have truly gained some wonderful friends in our travels."

"No doubt about that, Octy...I still can't believe they got us that crib. Saves us tons of trouble," Vinyl said as she wrapped her forelegs around Octavia.

"It is absolutely darling. The little musical notes could not have been more perfect," Octavia smiled.

"It really is cute," Vinyl grinned. "I can't wait until our kid gets to use it."

"Soon enough, Vinyl. Soon enough..." Octavia whispered as both she and Vinyl placed a gentle hoof on her belly.

"Y'know, I've been thinking...what kind of instrument do you think it'll play?" Vinyl wondered out loud.

"Vinyl, you need to take into account that our child's special talent may not revolve around music," Octavia said. "It is entirely possible that our child will not be involved with music in any way."

"I get that, and I'm okay with that. I was just curious what instrument they might play if they took up a hobby or something," Vinyl said.

"Hm. I think it would be wonderful if I were able to teach my child to play the cello..." Octavia stopped short when she heard Vinyl snort with laughter. "What is so funny?"

"Octy, I can handle one cellist in the family, but two? Not happening," Vinyl said. "Maybe an electric guitar! That'd be wicked awesome! I can see it now- our kid, rocking out with a band on stage in front of thousands of clamoring fans!" Vinyl gushed, stars in her eyes.

"No," Octavia said flatly.

"'No?' What do you mean, 'no?' That would be AWESOME!" Vinyl expressed. "Oh, oh! It'd be even cooler if my kid would be willing to spin a set with me, or maybe even emcee for me! Gah, this is only making me that much more excited!" Vinyl said, literally shaking with excitement.

"It is official. Vinyl, you are out of your mind," Octavia said.

"Why do you say that, Octy?" Vinyl asked.

"You are out of your mind if you think for even a MINUTE that I will let my child do something so out of control!" Octavia said sternly.

"Oh, look! There it is again!" Vinyl said, looking at Octavia's lower half.

"What? What is?" Octavia asked, somewhat startled.

"Oh, never-mind. It's just the stick in your rump," Vinyl smirked, to which Octavia's expression fell flat.

"Was that really necessary?" Octavia asked.

"Absolutely," Vinyl snickered. She immediately stopped when Octavia began to make her way to the edge of bed. "Hey, where you going? I'm sorry, Octy!" Vinyl said, unable to keep a straight face.

"Well, I do not intend to stay in bed all day," Octavia said. "As good as your figure is, you are going to gain weight quickly if you do nothing but lay in bed all day."

"While you are right and wrong, I do feel like getting out of bed," Vinyl said, pretending to get out of bed of her own volition. She made her way over to the mirror where Octavia was brushing her mane, and simply shook her head, her electric-blue mane almost snapping into place. Octavia looked over at her and shook her head.

"I will never understand how you are able to do that...it takes me a good ten minutes to get my mane under control," Octavia said.

"Personally, I think bed-mane Octy is best Octy," Vinyl winked, gently whipping Octavia right on her left treble clef cutie mark as she walked out of the room, causing Octavia to yelp and jump in surprise.

"Vinyl!" When she looked back in the mirror, all the work she had just done had been completely undone. "Urgh...now I have to start over," Octavia grumbled. Once done, she made her way downstairs and found Vinyl staring out the window. "Vinyl, what are you-"

"Octy, you gotta come see this!" Vinyl said, waving her over. Octavia took her place next to Vinyl, and gasped when she looked outside. The entire town had been completely blanketed in snow, the only thing not of the color white being the small puffs of black smoke exiting several of the chimneys.

"What a beautiful sight...it would make sense why it is so cold this morning," Octavia said. "One moment." She then made her way into the hall closet, and retrieved a sweater, slipping it on and immediately reveling in the comforting warmth it provided. "I love the cold weather, but too much of it is excessive I believe," Octavia said. When Vinyl turned around, she blinked in surprise.

"Where'd you get the sweater?" Vinyl asked. Wow she looks cute...

"Oh, this old thing? I received it as a gift from my mother about a year or so ago for Hearth's Warming. Do you like it?" Octavia asked, laying on the couch sideways with her forelegs tucked under her torso.

"Y-Yeah...it looks good on you," Vinyl stammered slightly, looking away with a small blush.

"Hmm...my eyes are a little uncooperative today...it has been a while," Octavia mumbled to herself as she moved over to the buffet near the dining room table. She opened a drawer, and retrieved a little case, flipping it open. She slipped on their contents and turned to face Vinyl. "Much better," Octavia said with a smile. Vinyl's jaw hung slack as she saw a different side to Octavia that she had never seen before- a nerdy, glasses-and-sweater-wearing, strangely sexy Octavia.

"Wuh- where did the glasses come from?" Vinyl asked.

"Oh these? Every now and again I have a bit of trouble seeing, so my optometrist prescribed these for when I wake up with blurry vision," Octavia said. "Something tells me you approve," Octavia chuckled.

"What makes you say that?" Vinyl asked.

"Well, for one you are blushing, and two you still have not picked up your jaw," Octavia snickered behind a hoof. Vinyl blushed even brighter when she saw the cute display.

"Hey Octy...you know what you haven't done in a while?" Vinyl said as she took a seat next to her.

"What would that be?" Octavia asked in return.

"I think I'd like another private concert. I've seen regular Octy play, but I wanna see the new, sexy Octy play," Vinyl smirked.

"Hmm...it has been some time since I have practiced. Fair enough, I will put on a private performance just for you," Octavia smiled. She moved over to the far wall and retrieved her cello, wheeling the case next to the sofa. She sat back down, and opened the case. She gingerly pulled out her cello, and sighed as the familiar scent of the burnished spruce and maple wood filled her nostrils. She removed her bow, enjoying the feeling of the worn wood in the crook of her ankle. "It has been too long, my dear friend," Octavia smiled fondly as she gently ran a hoof up and down the neck. "I apologize if I am a little rusty. Falling out of practice will do that to you," Octavia said as she readied herself to play.

"Yep, I know the feeling, Octy. I'm sure you'll be fine, though. You are Canterlot's finest after all," Vinyl winked. Octavia smiled and began to play. Vinyl watched intently as the bow danced across the strings, the notes swirling and building slowly into pure, harmonic bliss. Vinyl then shifted her focus to Octavia. She watched as she gracefully swayed back and forth, her violet eyes hidden by her eyelids as she played. She felt herself completely captivated by the beauty of Octavia's playing, but more-so by the beauty of Octavia herself.

Her delicate features- gently illuminated by the soft, morning light. Her gorgeous, raven mane- cascading ever-so-gently down her back. Her slate gray coat- kept trim and neat, and more plush than anything she had ever felt in her life. The light violet cutie mark that graced her flank- curving gracefully within itself, much like the beautiful music that rose from her cello. Vinyl felt her heart racing as she watched- every time Vinyl listened to Octavia's playing, it was like she was falling in love with her all over again. There was no other cello she would rather hear, and no other cellist she would ever love like Octavia. Octavia pulled the final chords out, ending on a major note and sighed. "Truly a beautiful piece..." Octavia smiled.

"Not nearly as beautiful as you are," Vinyl said as she looked at Octavia lovingly. Octavia blushed hotly, and laid her cello back in its case. She moved over to Vinyl, and shared another gentle, yet deeply passionate kiss. After what seemed like forever, the two broke the kiss, breathing in much needed air.

"You know what today feels like, Octy?" Vinyl said as she rose up from the couch and made her way over to the fireplace, which already had logs that the girls had brought in the night before.

"What, Vinyl?" Octavia asked as she watched Vinyl use her magic to light the logs, a comforting warmth permeating the living room area. Vinyl then returned to her spot on the couch, and snuggled up against Octavia.

"A do-nothing day...a day where it's just you and me," Vinyl smiled.

"That sounds lovely..." Octavia said as she kissed Vinyl on the cheek.

The two then simply sat on the couch as they reveled in not only the heat of the fireplace, but of one another's presence.

PreviousChapters Next