• Published 30th Oct 2011
  • 36,591 Views, 5,030 Comments

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd - Lithe Kamitatsy



One night of fun for a certain musical pair will leave their lives upside down.

  • ...
74
 5,030
 36,591

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty-Seven

The four sat around the kitchen table, having already finished their snack, trading stories.

"...an' tha' was when Octavia tried to kick her way outta ma' grip, all because she didn't want ta' mess up the special braid her mother made for 'er." Kester chuckled. "A' was the one who had the strength ta' bathe Octavia. She definitely inherited ma' strength." Kester said proudly.

"Oh yeah, definitely..." Vinyl said. Even though Octavia was mild-mannered and composed, that belied the fact that she had a seriously strong right hoof. I could still take her. Working in a bar for a living will give you that kind of ability...Bar-fu? Yeah, I like that. Vinyl grinned at the thought.

"Vinyl, what are you smiling about?" Octavia asked.

"Huh? I was smiling?" Vinyl asked in return.

"Papa, she was smiling was she not?" Octavia said, turning to her father.

"Hm? A'm sorry. A' wasn't payin' attention." Kester said truthfully.

Madeline and Octavia face-hoofed in unison. "Unbelievable..."Octavia then turned to Madeline . "You really know how to pick them, Mother."

"You are no different, dear. Like mother, like daughter." Madeline said.

"Aw, come now Maddie. Ye know ye can't resist this." Kester said, raising a foreleg and kissing the massive muscle that made up his foreleg.

"I can and I will for the sake of my intellect and my sanity." Madeline retorted.

"Can ye resist this?" Kester asked. He threw his head back, the shower of fiery red hair cascading down his neck, his violet eyes boring into Madeline's own green eyes.

"S-Stop it Kester...this isn't funny!" Madeline said, blushing somewhat.

"Tha's not what ye said last night..." he grinned, beginning to close the distance.

"K-KESTER! N-Not in front of the children!" Madeline said, blushing wildly.

"Oh, come now Maddie...they're old enough ta' handle it. We're not elderly ye know..." He said, bringing his face mere inches away from Madeline's. Unfortunately, Kester's little act worked, leaving Madeline a stuttering mess as her chair fell backward.

"Wow. He is GOOD!" Vinyl said, very much impressed.

"You try that on me and I promise the result will be VERY different."

"Is that so?" Vinyl said, shifting her mane in such a way it hid one of her red eyes, the other peering out at her, half-closed in a sensual manner.

"Vinyl, stop it!" Octavia warned, blushing brightly.

"But I thought you said you could handle it..." Vinyl said, pushing her face closer.

"I am w-warning you!" Octavia threatened, her heart racing as Vinyl neared. Suddenly, she stopped short.

"I knew I could get you fired up." Vinyl grinned, satisfied with her performance.

"Easy peasy." Kester laughed. As if the same thought ran through their minds, both Madeline and Octavia retaliated. Octavia lightly whipped Vinyl's rump with her tail, causing her to yelp in surprise. Unfortunately for Kester, he received a hoof to the underside of his jaw. "Totally worth it," he chuckled as he rubbed his jaw.

"What was that for!?" Vinyl asked, rubbing the spot where Octavia whipped her.

"You know how much I hate it when you get me worked up and end up not following through..." Octavia mumbled, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. A wry grin began to spread across Vinyl's face as it dawned on her just how worked up Octavia was.

"So it DID work." Vinyl said.

"I-I said no such thing." Octavia said, looking away in a poor attempt at hiding her blush.

"You don't have to." Vinyl grinned. "I can see the look in your eyes and the way you've shifted. I'm not dumb, Octavia." Vinyl then got up from her seat and walked over to Octavia's parents, who were in the middle of a heated argument over being so explicit in front of the "children."

"Kester, that was WILDLY inappropriate!" Madeline scolded.

"Oh, come on now Maddie, ye know ye liked it." Kester smirked.

"Wh-while that may be true, there is a time and place for everything." Madeline returned, blushing.

"Hey, is there a room we can use for the night? Octavia mentioned to me earlier that she was kind of tired and frankly, I could use a nap." Vinyl said, lying through her teeth.

"Well, ye can always use Octavia's old room. It's a guest room now, but it should still be pretty comfy." Kester offered.

"Perfect! C'mon Octy. Let's go get some rest." Vinyl said, making her way down the hallway. Octavia followed a few moments later.

"Good night. I will see you both in the morning." Octavia said as she trotted past.

"Good night, Octavia. We love you!" Madeline called after her.

"Love you too." Octavia said as she entered her room.

"HAVE FUN!" Kester yelled, to which Madeline planted a hoof in his side.

"KESTER!" Madeline reprimanded, looking at him like he had just grown a second head.

"Wha!? They're terrible at hidin' things from us, so might as well get used ta' it, right?" Kester said, taking a step away from Madeline, who was still not happy. "Ye still got a nasty kick...ow..." He cringed as he tried to walk back to the kitchen, taking care not to hit the sore spot.

~A Little While Later~

Octavia lay next to Vinyl, recovering from the eventful "nap" they had decided to take. Octavia shifted slightly, leaning against Vinyl to get comfortable. "Well...that was interesting to say the least." Octavia said softly.

"Interesting? You were going crazy. You had to bite down on your mane just to keep yourself quiet. I knew from the first day I met you that you'd be a freak in bed." Vinyl chuckled.

"Shut up! That is nothing to be proud of!" Octavia blushed, embarrassed by her remark.

"I'm proud of you. You actually did stay quiet. I was afraid it was gonna be a repeat like at my place-" Vinyl stopped short when she heard something. "Hey, Octy...do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Octavia asked, curious. She listened for a moment, and heard what sounded like wood creaking. "I...I think that is the sound of wood moving...but I am having difficulty placing the source..." Suddenly, the creaking got a little louder, and got a little faster. A shocking realization came to them both as Octavia and Vinyl looked at each other.

"You don't think...?" Vinyl started.

"I am not going there, Vinyl." Octavia finished.

"Octy, it's obvious that-"

"Vinyl!" Octavia warned.

"How can you NOT admit that they're-"

"Don't. You. Dare." Octavia growled.

"-shacking up in the room next to us?"

Octavia let out a loud groan as Vinyl finished her sentence. "...Why does this always happen to me?"

"Hey, be quiet. It might sound like we're going at it along with them." Vinyl said, shushing her.

"Vinyl! How could you THINK that!?" Octavia said.

"Look, let's just talk about something else, alright? Something to ignore the activity next door." Vinyl offered.

"Fair enough...what would you like to talk about?" Octavia said, settling down again.

"I was wondering...which season do you prefer, spring or summer and why?" Octavia pondered this question, having never really thought about it before. While her favorite season was winter, she had never thought much about the others.

"Hmm...I believe I would have to say spring. It immediately follows winter- which is my favorite season- and shows the blooming of beautiful new life as the snow melts away. The world literally springs up from its slumber under the snows and cold of winter. What about you?" Octavia said, asking the same question.

"Yeah, spring is nice. It's not too cold and it's not too hot, and it's kinda rainy. I love a good rainy day to just laze around inside. Nothing better." Vinyl said.

"Why such a profound question, Vinyl?"

"Oh, I was just wondering which season you'd like to get married in." Vinyl said bluntly. These words stunned Octavia into silence. She had no words for what she had just heard.

"So what do you think, Octy? A spring wedding or a summer wedding?" Vinyl asked. When she saw the look on Octavia's face, she face-hoofed. "I'm an idiot! I should have asked you if you wanna marry me first before planning on when. Sorry about that, Octy. I've kinda never done this before, so..." Vinyl then shifted to face Octavia so that she was looking her straight in the eye.

"Octavia...you and I have been through quite the ride together since we started dating. We've been all over the country, we're having a baby, and we've laughed, cried and yelled at one another...but that doesn't change how I feel, or the fact that I want to spend my life with you." Vinyl said honestly, blushing all the while. "Octavia...will you marry me?" Vinyl asked.

The proposal came so suddenly that all Octavia could think to do was cry. She began to sob uncontrollably, completely overwhelmed by her lover's proposal. "Uh, you could have just said no..." Vinyl said, chuckling sheepishly. Without warning, Octavia wrapped her forelegs around Vinyl and pulled her into a passionate kiss. After a few moments, Octavia cleared her head enough to respond.

"Of course I will, you idiot..."

PreviousChapters Next