• Published 23rd Jul 2014
  • 5,600 Views, 148 Comments

Pomegranate seeds - DemonWriterX



A Hades and Persephone in My little pony universe starring Discord as Hades and Fluttershy as Persephone.

  • ...
5
 148
 5,600

Bouncing white ball

The Taste of Pomegranate


Ch.1 Bouncing White Ball




Being Lord of the Underworld was boring.


Hades tapped his eagle claw against the armrest of his throne, his restless tapping echoing in the throne room. His thick black robes cascaded down over his misshapen hooves as he motioned boredly with his lion claw, left and right, directing the spirit ponies to their required locations. Those who were good just went to the right towards the Asphodel Meadows, and those who were evil and cruel went to the fiery realms of Tartarus. He had heard every sort of sob story told to try and convince him to give them paradise, which he never wavered to- mostly.

The line moved methodically, orderly and efficiently.


It drove him insane.


When it came to spirits, it had to be orderly, something that he loathed of doing in his job, but it had to be efficient. He had to play fair when it came to giving spirits paradise, but when he was not directing spirits, he caused chaos in his own time.


Every once in a while, a spirit tried to escape from Tartarus, or a mortal tried to enter into his domain to retrieve a lost loved one, giving Hades the chance to plays games with them, whether it be riddles, tests, or a quest, and usually he was the one who won. His boredom usually evaporated for a few days until he realized that he would have to wait for the next one.


In his bedchambers, he watched as his bed hovered above him from where he laid on the cold granite ground. White wax candles danced around his head, giving his dark room light. He snapped his fingers, making other furniture move and dance above him in a sort of ballet.


He let out a defeated sigh. “Not even anthropomorphic furniture amuses me anymore. Something is missing… Perhaps making it rain orange juice?” He sat up and snapped his fingers.


Lightning flashed above his head as a cloud appeared formed and began to rain orange juice. He stuck his forked tongue out, savoring the citrus flavored rain. He smacked his lips and shook his head.


“No, that it not it,” he said dully, snapping his fingers again, making the rain disappear. “Maybe a tad bit of color will do the tri- No, plaid! Wait, no! Torment the spirits in Tartarus? Oooh, maybe I’ll make that Sisyphus pony roll a boulder up a hill, and once it reaches the top, he’ll watch helplessly as it rolls all the way back down. Forcing him to start over!” He rubbed his paws together in glee, but waved it off.


“Nah! Maybe another day. After eons of being Lord of the Underworld, I am so painfully bored!”


Hades was absentmindedly stroking his goatee when suddenly, he got an idea. “A stroll on the surface should relieve some of this boredom,” -an awful idea, “and while I’m up there, I can cause chaos to unsuspecting mortals!” He chuckled deviously. A positively wonderful, awful idea.







He made his way down towards the river Styx, meeting with the boat pony, Charon, a skeletal pony who concealed his face with a dark hood, with only a hourglass cutie mark shown beneath the fabric. Hades walked along the wooden pier towards the silent boat pony, who kept the boat steady with a long pole.


“Feeling chatty today, Charon?”


Silence.


“Oh don’t try to hide it, I could feel that you are just bursting to say something!” Charon stood silently, facing his Lord and bowed. Hades wasted no time stepping into the boat, making it rock violently. Charon swiftly put out his pole, stabilizing the boat from capsizing. “Oh you are no fun, not even a friendly hello?...No? Then take me towards the surface”


Charon nodded, and began to move the boat to its required destination. Hades laid on the boat comfortably, staring up at the stalactites on the ceiling, seeing the glow worms shine through the darkness like stars. He snapped his fingers, making the worms change colors. He let out a chuckle and looked at Charon to see if he noticed, but frowned in disappointment as Charon kept his head down, focusing on steering. Hades let out a raspberry and put his chin on the side of the boat, staring at his own reflection in the murky dark water.


What’s the point in changing the world around you if there is no one else to appreciate it?

He twirled his goatee in thought. He noticed that he looked tired; his own yellow eyes told him that. He saw the same chaotic mischief in them, his same handsome face and twisted goatee but something felt… off. Maybe his horn was crooked? ‘No more than usual,' he decided after inspecting it carefully.


Charon stopped the boat abruptly, disturbing him from his thoughts.



“Oh~ here already?” He reinserted his horn and stepped off the boat, going onto the sandy shore. He found himself facing the entrance and the only exit of a cave. His feet sank into the wet, grey sand. Hades reached into his pocket, taking out a gold coin, and flipped it towards Charon, who caught it in his hoof.

“For you, good sir, and wait for me here. Do not let any riff-raff get on the boat when I’m gone, especially the water nymphs!” he warned. “I know how you are with those skanky nymphs, don’t try to deny it!”


Charon stared at him dully with no emotion. Hades frowned and rolled his eyes.


“I’ll be back in a few hours,” Hades muttered. He made his way out of the cave into the thickness of a forest.


The high and thick leaves of the trees shielded him from the blinding sun brought upon by Apollo, a multi colored mane alicorn who brought the sun up every day for mortal ponies. He squinted his eyes from the light slightly; being in the underworld made him be used to the darkness, but in the upperworld it would take a while for his eyes to adjust.

He walked on a small trail, taking in the sights, which he quickly changed with a snap of his claws. He made some of the trees turn into rubber, tri-color or polka dotted. He made his way to a small pond and walked over to the water quickly, turning it into chocolate milk. He conjured a glass cup, scooping the milk into it, but before he could enjoy his drink, he was suddenly drenched by it as a ball slammed into his cup, shattering it and splashing its contents onto Hades.

Hades sputtered out the milk, casting his bewildered eyes onto a white round ball, floating in the chocolate pond. He levitated the ball to his paw, looking at it in confusion.


“Where in the name of myself, did this thing come from?” he growled, wiping the sticky milk off his fur.


His ears perked, hearing a rustle of leaves and twigs breaking, along with a small, frightened voice.


“Oh dear, oh dear... I hope mother doesn't notice I am gone. Oh my, where is it?”


Breaking through the thick brush was a small yellow pegasus filly with a pink mane, concealing one of her eyes. She wore a white, pearly toga and a crown made out of white daisies. Once her eyes locked onto Hades, she reeled back in shock, noticing his strange appearance. Even though most of his body was concealed under his black robes, she could see his misshapen horns, his claws, and snake tail. It was as if he was a mix of six or seven different creatures.


Hades noticed her eyes go wide in fear- he was used to these types of reactions, but her fear was soon replaced once she focused on her toy. He blinked and let out a grin. He put out his paw with the ball.

“Looking for this?” he said, taunting her with her own toy.


The yellow filly looked down in extreme shyness, poking her hoof at the ground as she nods slowly.


“Well?...Why don’t you get it?” he pressed, motioning her to come closer. She looked up at him slightly, letting out a small whimper as she took a step back. He would have to make her come closer somehow. Using his powers, he made the ball begin to turn into different colors, catching the young filly’s attention. He multiplied the ball into two more and began to juggle the color balls with ease.


“Not bad for an ametuer, now am I?” He winked. He hit himself on the head with one of the balls, making his head pop off, and began juggling his own head, making the filly let out a small gasp.


“Well, looks like I was a-”Head” of myself- how embarrassing.”

The filly smiled and giggled lightly. Her laughter suddenly made the grass beneath her hooves sprout tulips and daisies. Hades made the balls come together in one, turning it back to normal, after noticing the fillies power. He put his head back into place with a look of disbelief. He had thought that she was a mortal, but instead she was, surprisingly, a young goddess.


“Interesting power you have there," he mentioned, bouncing the ball in place beside him. The sun-colored filly quickly looked down again, her shyness taking over, nodding in response. Her eyes followed the bouncing ball.


“Now don’t be like that,” he started, making her look up at him. “It’s rude to not say hello, my dear. I already get the silent treatment from another pony, and I do not want a second, what’s your name?”


“M-my name?” she asked quietly. Hades almost missed it; her voice was so quiet, it was almost a whisper.


“My-my name is- um- K-kore."


“Come again?” he asked, conjuring a horn and placing it in his ear. “I cannot hear you, you will have to speak up.”


“M-my name-” she starts a little louder. “Is Kore… my name is Kore”


“Kore? My, what an awful name for a child. Kore? Yuck! It leaves a bad taste in my mouth; it simply won’t do. I’m going to call you Persephone.”


Her brow crinkled in disgust as a scowl appeared on her small lips.


“Why the long face? It’s a wonderful name; much more suitable than Kore,” he said, gaging. “Persephone means Flower.”


At the mention of flower her smile returned. He felt a tug at his chest. Was that where his heart was? He thought he didn’t have one.


The little filly was beautiful, even for a child. Hades hadn't seen any other pony with her pure innocence.


“May… May I have my ball back, p-please?” she whispered.


Her delicate voice made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. He tossed her the ball, seeing her catch it swiftly. She bowed her head, her mane shimmering in what little sun entered to through the leaves.


“Thank you sir! Goodbye.” She gave him a small wave and ran back the way she came.


“W-wait, hold on a moment!” he called, running after her. He broke through the bushes, following the bouncing pink mane. For some odd reason, he found her interesting. She was the only pony who ever stifled a laugh at his chaotic magic; others found it fearful, and being the God of the Underworld did not help lessen the fear. He mentally cursed his younger brother, Zeus, for convincing him to draw straws. If he hadn't picked the shortest straw, he would have been the God of the Heavens.


He saw the little filly break through the forest into a meadow. He stopped at the edge, hiding behind a thick trunk of a tree, away from the harsh light, watching her silently from the shadows.

The meadow had tall green grass with wildflowers blanketing the field with colors. He saw the little filly bounce the white ball in the air,giggling happily as she hopped through the flowers catching it and throwing it repeatedly. Her emerald eyes shined like a rare gem, full of life, something rare to see in the underworld. He had seen many beautiful goddesses, Aphrodite, Artemis, and even Hera, but they all paled in comparison to this young Goddess.


He saw Persephone stop playing abruptly, noticing a butterfly go by. She let out another one of her delightful giggles as it landed on the top of her nose.


“Hello little one, would you like to be friends?” She smiled. Hades let out a soft chuckle, letting out a smirk at her kind nature. He noticed that she was by herself in the large meadow, with no other ponies in sight. He looked beyond, and sitting on a small grass hill was a humble cottage, knowing that was where she must live. It seemed that she was more comfortable in the meadow and being more by herself. He noticed that she had an ability to talk to animals, as small woodland creatures made their way to her, from bunnies to birds. A blue jay landed on her shoulder, letting out a chirp.


“Hello to you too,” she said gently. “I’m glad mother is gone for the day... she would only see you all as vermin.” Persephone replies sadly. Hades felt a harsh tug in his chest, seeing her saddened expression.


“Oh I hope that when I’m old enough mother would let me go beyond the meadow," she wished to her animal friends. “All I want is to be free.” The animals let out a sudden chatter at her, making her shake her head.


“Oh no, I love mother very much. She is just a bit… overprotective of me. She only wants what’s best for me." She let out a long sigh. “Even if it’s only what’s best for her.”


Soon, Apollo was bringing down the sun. Hades blinked, realizing that he watched her for hours. He noticed that Persephone also saw that the sun was setting. The animals scurried back into the forest and she let out a yawn, silently heading back to her home. Hades straightened, knowing that he was gone for too long. The line of spirits would take him most of the night to get through. He snapped his fingers, leaving a gift for Persephone to find and made his way back towards the cave. His mind was plagued with her gentle image, her smile, her kind eyes, her wonderful laugh; he could only imagine what she would look like when she was a full grown mare.


He entered the cave to see Charon with a grey pegasus mare, with strange cross eyes wearing a blue toga, who was striking a conversation with the silent boatman.


“I always wanted to be like Hermes, delivering messages to other gods and goddesses back and forth. She is like the fastest flyer out there! Do you know her? You must know her- she is the one with a rainbow mane and who's always wearing those feathered boots even though she has wings… I mean, I might not be fast but I can deliver messages too! What do you think?”


Charon blinked slowly at her, with no emotion, while the ditzy looking mare stared (or tried to, he couldn’t tell) at him. She tilted her head at him confusedly.


“You're not much of a talker, are you? But nothing is wrong with that! You are just one of those strong silent types! Well it’s nice talking to you. I’ll see you tomorrow, bye!” She flew off, heading out of the cave. She bowed at Hades as she flew by before heading out. Hades made his way to the pier, facing Charon.


“Well! She is a strange one,” Hades mentioned with a smirk. “What were you two talking about? Or was it more of a one sided conversation?” Charon said nothing and bowed politely, motioning his Lord into the boat. Hades jumped in, rocking the boat violently again. Charon stabilized it with his pole before facing him, only to find him lounging with a umbrella drink in his right claw.


“From now on, you will take me here everyday. It will also give you the chance to meet that mare… No need to thank me! I can see the gratitude emitting out of you!” He grinned.


Charon said nothing, just moved the boat heading back to the Underworld.


Kore made her way back home to her cottage. She knew her mother would be gone for the weekend, tending to the fall harvest of the mortal ponies. She was used to being alone most of the time. Once she said goodbye to her animal friends, she turned to her front door to find a flower on her porch with its petals clumped together. It looked like a daisy and a daffodil mixed together, with white sun kiss petals and a yellow middle. She picked it up, admiring it’s strange beauty. She had never seen or made flowers like this one before.


She beamed and placed it in her mane behind her ear before going inside.


Day after day became month after month to years that Hades watched Persephone grow from a filly to a beautiful and striking young mare. He realized early on that she was the daughter of Demeter, the goddess of harvest, who was known for her honesty and hardwork.


Demeter had a golden leaf crown in her straw-colored mane, and she wore a flowing flower filled gown. In yearly meetings with the other gods on Mount Olympus, Demeter held a stern frown when listening intently to the discussions of other gods, not showing even one smile, unless it’s about apples. He also knew she was not one to take a joke. During the years of keeping watch, he saw how Demeter treated her daughter- with a lot of stern rules, and the most important rule was to “never leave the meadow”. On the year when Persephone turned eighteen, young male gods came to court her but never came close to actually getting through the front door without meeting Demeter, who sternly quotes-


“Mah daughter will never marry!” and slams the door, making them look elsewhere.


Hades had his paw under his chin, forced to sit through another nauseating yearly meeting of the gods, if he should call it that; mostly the other gods gloated on how much praises and gifts they get from their mortal followers. He sat at the end of the long table on the left side of his brother Zeus while his brother Poseidon sat on his right, his trident in his right hoof.


“The mortals are praying for a bountiful harvest, Demeter; will you give them more corn? Or wheat?” asked Athena, a purple alicorn who held a scroll and feather. Hades rolled his eyes at the bookworm of a Goddess.


“I will grant them, apples,” Demeter replied. “But zap apples- they make ah delicious jam.”


“Wonderful!” Athena smiled, checking it off from her checklist.”I think that is all for today, Zeus.”


“Eyup,” said the red stallion, Zeus, wearing his white toga with the pendant of a lightning bolt over his right shoulder. His wife Hera, with the cutie mark of three smiling flowers appeared behind him.


“Thank you all for coming.” She smiled sweetly. “You may return to your godly duties.”


The Gods and goddesses dispersed from the tables, leaving Mount Olympus to their own temples made for them by the mortals. Hades turned to his brother Zeus once Poseidon and Hera had left them alone.


“Brother, I have a favor to ask of you,” he said quickly before he got up to leave.


“Eyup?” asked Zeus in confusion. Never once did Hades ever ask him of a favor.


“I wish to marry a goddess to become my bride of the Underworld. You have Hera, Poseidon has Amphitrite... but you and me both know he is fooling around with mortal mares,” Hades said in a low voice. “But that is besides the point! I wish to marry the daughter of Demeter... Kore, and since you’re…” he rolls his wrists methodically as he looked for just the right word, “The ‘Boss’, per-say, you would give your dear, did I mention “older” brother, the hand of this maiden?” He grinned toothly.


“Hmm….I-!”


“Did I also mention-” interrupted Hades, “that since Kore had passed the age of marriage by at least one year, if any God wish to marry her, she would have to accept?” he pressed.


“Yes but-!”


“And! Since I am the first and only, and I mean that with superb confidence, I have the chance to marry her. So brother dearest, what do you say?”


“Hmmm… Eyup.” He nodded agreeingly. Hades stood up with excitement.


“Wonderful! Well I must be off; can’t let those souls get backed up, or else it will be “heck” for me to get them back in order. I’ll send you a wedding invitation soon enough, ta-ta!” He snapped his fingers, disappearing in an instant. Zeus let out a sigh, rubbing his head slightly. He could only hope it would end well.







Hades leaned against a tree, seeing Persephone making flower crowns with her back towards him. Her twenty-first birthday was fastly approaching, and he decided that his wait was over. He had waited from the first day he met her to take her as his bride once she came of age.


He walked back towards the cave once Apollo brought the sun down, to see the same wide-eyed mare talking to his boatman. During the years of meeting each other, he had never uttered one word to her, which never bothered her as she continued to come back and tell him about her day.


“So then I dropped the vase on a pony below! Oh, I was so embarrassed,” she said with a groan, covering her eyes with her hooves. She let out a long sigh. “So then my master fired me, and I am out of work... again, but it’s okay!” She chirped happily.“I’m sure I can find another job. Maybe I’ll be a messenger this time; you know what they say, sixth time's the charm!” she said with optimism. “Well, see you tomorrow!” She flew off towards the cave entrance.


“Oh, evening Lord Hades!” She bowed. Hades said nothing to her and watched her fly off in the distance.


“What a strange mortal,” he muttered, making his way to the shoreline. “What says you, Charon? What did you two talk about? The weather? Politics? Gossip? Love interest? …Bah! I don’t want to hear it, I am in a hurry.” He jumped into the boat. “Take me back to the underworld- we've got a lot of preparing to do.”


“Kore!... Kore!... Where are you?”


Kore stood up from her grassy field, seeing her mother calling for her at the cottage. She placed her half-finished flower crown on the ground and made her way towards her. She noticed that she had her saddle bag strapped on her back, full of provisions.


“Yes, mother? ...Are you going on a trip?” she gently asks.


“Unfortunately, yes." Demeter sighed. “Those mortal ponies have caused another one of their fires, and burned half of their fields outside the city of Athens. Ah have to go for a few days to rejuvenate their fields. Will you be alright by yourself, sugar cube?” her mother asked gently, rubbing her hooves against Kore's cheeks, squishing them together.


“Yes mother," Kore groaned, pushing her hooves away. “I am old enough to stay by myself."


“Are you? We are secluded out here.” She let out a horrified gasp. “What if a timberwolf comes? What if a cockatrice, a storm, a tornado!-”


Kore let out a sigh, seeing that the imagination of her mother was running wild again. Around them the grass began to shrivel and turn yellow and brown, and the leaves of the trees began to change colors, from green to orange. Kore's eyes widened slightly, seeing her flowers begin to wilt and lose their petals as her mother continued on her frightful rant.


“U-um, mother?” she started gently.


“What if the volcano erupts, it will be like Pompeii! A wild boar! A manticore! Or worse-” She let out a shudder. Kore saw the leaves begin to fall and turned to her mother, desperately.


“M-mother? Mother please I-!”


“What if a colt comes! A male!” Demeter cries out. “And takes you away!”


“Okay! Okay! What if Hermes and the forest nymphs babysit me?” Kore interrupted. Her mother lit up, and made the forest come back to life with their vibrant colors, making Kore breathe a sigh of relief.


“I would feel better if they do come.” Demeter smiled.


“I-I know, mother," Kore sadly stated. Her mother lifted Kore's chin up to her.


“Please understand, I love you too much, Kore… You are my only daughter, and I don’t want anything bad to happen to you. That’s why it is safer here in the meadow, and why you can never go beyond to the forest."


Kore bit her lip and nodded.


“Yes mother, I love you too. I want you to be happy.” She smiled gently. “I won’t leave the meadow."


“Thank you. I’ll call Hermes over and the nymphs; they will keep you company when I am gone,” she said, waving goodbye to her. Kore let out a sigh once her mother left, laying down on the grass as she stared out into the forest lining. It wasn't long 'till she saw the trio of nymphs came out of the forest.


“Hi Kore!” the orange nymph said, waving her hoof at her excitedly.


“Your mum’s leaving to another business trip huh? She needs a vacation, right Harmonia?” said the nymph who wore a red bow in her mane, nudging the last nymph who bumped her friend’s shoulder.


“Well she has to,” she squeaked. “She is the goddess of Harvest, Thetis," she replied to her friend.


“Hey, is Hermes here yet, Kore?” the orange nymph asked, jumping up and down in place while looking at the sky. “I really want to see her!”


“Not yet, Amalthea,” Kore said gently. It was always nice to see the young trio of friends. She wished she was with them when they went on their small adventures in the forest. “But I’m sure she will come soon.”


“Well I’m here now!”


They all turned to see Hermes flying above them. She landed beside them, making Amalthea, her biggest fan, run up beside her.


“Wow Hermes! That was really fast, all the way from Mount olympus to here! Isn’t that awesome?!” She gleamed towards the other nymphs, who didn't share the same enthusiasm as her. Hermes rubbed her hoof against her armor.


“Yeah, I know I’m awesome. That’s why I am Zeus’ go to messenger,” she said proudly. “No pony or God is as fast as me."


“What should we do today, Kore?” sweetly smiled Harmonia. “Can we make more flower crowns?”


“Aww, more crowns?” whined Hermes, rubbing her hooves down her face. “But that’s boring!”


“Please, Kore, please, please, please, please!” Harmonia begged, her eyes going big. Kore let out a small laugh.


“All right, we can make some crowns. Let’s go down to the meadow."


“Yay!” The trio of nymphs ran down, picking the flowers. Hermes flew beside Kore with her arms crossed.


“We've got to find another way to have fun around here Kore. No offense, you can make all the flower crowns you want, but... don’t you get bored here?”


“A little,” Kore admitted. “But if it makes my mother happy that I stay here, then… I’ll stay here. You know she means well.”


“Sure, sure…” she said softly. “I call dibs on the sunflowers; the bigger the better," she said, shooting off to grab the larger sunflowers. Persephone smile slightly; as long as her friends were here, it made living in the meadow bearable.


“My crown is turning out pretty good,” Harmonia said triumphantly, holding up her purple and white daisies. “I think I will give it to my older sister."


“Maybe your talent might be flower crown making,” mentioned Almathea, struggling with trying to keep her flowers together. “'Cause it sure ain't mine."


“Me neither- mine is practically fallin’ apart!” grumbled Thetis. Her crown’s petals fell to the grass in a crumple mess. She threw the stems to the ground. “This is too hard! Ah just stick to my bows….”


“What about yours, Hermes?” Almathea smiled, sticking close to her idol. “I’m sure yours is awesome!”


“Uh... think again kid- I think I bit off more than I can chew." Hermes put up her crown to find one large sunflower attached to an assortment of weeds tied together in knots and ties, making the flower sag down in a pitiful bow.


“Yikes... are those thorny weeds?”


“Is that what they are? No wonder they kept poking me!”


“How about I gather some more flowers?” Kore asked. “We can start over.”

She placed her finished crown on her head; it was made out of white and yellow daisies, placed smoothly down on her mane. She walked away from the group towards the edge of the meadow where tulips and daisies grew the most abundantly. She began picking them with her mouth, placing them in her grass-made saddle basket, humming to herself.

She looked back, hearing the group laughing, to see Hermes entertaining them by stacking all of the damaged flower crowns on her head, trying to balance them with one hoof on the ground. Kore stifled out a giggle and turned back to her flowers to see a lone assortment of flowers- the same strange assortment of flowers that was mixed with a daisy and a daffodil. It was set on its side against a large trunk of a tree beyond the edge of the meadow, arranged in a bouquet and tied with a pink bow.

She found it strange, looking in all directions.

Maybe a mortal dropped it?...But it wasn't there a minute ago.

She set the basket down, walking up to it. The shade of the tree enveloped her as she picked the bouquet up. She pressed her nose to it, taking in its sweet scent. She blinked, remembering that she had seen this type of flower before, when she was a filly. Sometimes she saw a lone flower on the porch of her home. Suddenly, a branch broke.

Her head shot up towards the dark forest. Her wide eyes looked in all direction to find the source of the sound. She rubbed her head slightly; she must be hearing things. it might have been an animal. She looked through the dark leaves to see a set of yellow eyes shine through. She let out a gasp, taking a step back, and saw a dark form slowly stroll up to her.


“Don’t be afraid,” the voice said reassuringly. It was a male by the tone of his deep voice, making her take a breath, calming her slightly. “Do you like the bouquet? I’m not one for flower arranging or a florist pony.”


“T-the bouquet?” she muttered questioningly. “Oh! ...You made this?”


“Why yes. It grows where I live- it’s a real nuisance actually, I get terrible sneezes in the summertime,” he said, snapping his fingers, making a white handkerchief appear dapping his nose.


“Are you a god?” Kore asked, noticing his power.


“Yes, yes I am, my dear. You can say I am well known in Mount Olympus,” he said pridefully.


“Oh, are you apollo?”


“...No.” He frowned.


“Poseidon?”


“No."


“Ares?”


“Try again…”


“Eros, Dionysus, Zeus?”


“No, no, and …no.” He let out a sigh. “Let’s end this guessing game, shall we Persephone?”


“Um, my name is Kore," she stated.


“Oh sure whatever... but I’m calling you Persephone, or did you forget the name I gave so long ago?”


“The... the name? I've never heard that name befo-!” She quickly remembered something from her past. Her favorite white ball rolling away from her into the forest. Her mother wasen’t there and she was warned not to go into the forest, but she loved her toy so much that she wanted to get it back, only to find somepony found it before her.

“Not bad for an amateur, now am I?”


She felt her mane being stroked, finding the god had closed the gap in between them, letting her get a clear look at him. He was tall, his horns misshapen and different. He looked like a pony, but had a body of a dragon with a snake’s tail, and more surprisingly his hand was a eagle’s claw, while the other was a lion paw. Her pupils quickly went small with fear. He let out a smile at her, showing his sharp teeth.


“You are beautiful," he stated. She pulled away from his claw.


"T-thank you? ...W-who are you?"


"Who am I?- I am Hades, The Lord of the underworld, keeper of souls, one of the elite trio of powers and the powers of chaos itself! ...And I’m here for your hoof in marriage.”

Author's Note:

In Case anyone is confused with the charectors.
Discord-Hades
Fluttershy-Persephone
Rainbow Dash-Hermes
Twilight-Athena
Applejack-Demeter
Sweetie belle-Harmonia
Scootaloo-Almathea
Applebloom-Thetis
Celestia-Apollo
Big Mac-Zeus
Cheerilee-Hera
Dr.Hooves-Charon
------------------------------------------------
I hope you all enjoy this story and please comment.
Thank you HoneyGlen and Leaping River for being my editors.