• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 1,431 Views, 9 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh: Dimensional Wars - X2_U



YU-Gi-Oh monsters are popping up in Equestria and causing chaos. Three of these monsters disguised themselves to hide among the crowd to hide themselves from death.

  • ...
2
 9
 1,431

Chapter 1: Introduction

7/22/00
MMCCXXII
entry 49

Has it really been a month since the return of my beloved sister? It feels as if the events leading up to her return had only transpired not a moment ago...

Today's lunch consisted of a rather mild daisy and dandelion sandwich along with a small slice of cake. I know, I know, I'm overindulging, but considering that I have had to deal with the indiscriminate badgerings of the nobles because of their damaged holdings as well as the ire of the mayor of Manehatten (the old mare simply does not know the meaning of the word quit!), I decided to treat myself.

Although perhaps I should have told Luna before I procured a slice from her secret stash of chocolate fudge marble cake. Millennia old defense matricies does not a good protection make, Luna!

(Perhaps this will teach her to study a bit more into recent progressions in spell theory and not steal out my own secret stash whilst I am busy with ambassadors!)

Note: find out how she broke into my stash.

Twilight's most recent friendship report, which I received yesterday evening, has once again reaffirmed my decision to give her a home in ponyville. I am happy to say that Twilight has finally learned to take some pride in her abilities as a unicorn! Although, from what I have heard from my correspondence from the mayor of ponyville in the most recent weekly census (note:move next census to Canterlot gardens due to damages in the meeting hall), the lesson was not learned under the best of circumstances, especially for the poor mare who had been run out of town, but she assured me that all parties involved are fine despite how bad the turnout had been at first glance.

On more pressing matters, despite how much the nobles may exaggerate about the cost of the destruction of the properties on their lands, I cannot deny that there has been a recent rise in vandalism in this country.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do, despite knowing the cause of the recent rise in property destruction. And it may be sooner rather than later where I will have to unveil the causes of it.

My ability to keep the after-effects of the meteor shower that took place after the release of my sister hidden has been slipping, as of late. Although, despite time and time again of reminding myself not to call it a meteor shower since the objects in question that fell were not meteors, I find myself doing such anyway.

I even have one such object not two hoof-lengths away, hidden in a drawer, waiting to be touched by a pony, anypony who happens to come across it...

I still have too little information on these objects to make a judgement on them, despite perhaps being the pony with the most information on them at present.

If only I understood the purpose of these cards that rained down from above, then the decision would be much easier...

From what my recent reports have told me, the few docile card monsters (note: I need to find a better name for them. They are intelligent beings after all. Perhaps ask Luna or even Twilight? No, not twilight, she has enough already...) that have been helping with the recent harvest have made good friends with the small community living there, giving me hope that the others that have been wandering around may do so as well. Although, the ones that befriended the farmers certainly had the benefit of having the appearance of childish plants, while the others have not had that specific advantage, from what sightings have told me.

The expedition team I had sent to find the crystal empire also sent message of a stone golem, which I am positive is another of those card monsters, that had helped them pass through a blizzard that had suddenly brewed in the area, although it left soon afterwards, which troubles me as to why. Surely, if it had wanted to help ponies, why not stay to continue to protect them? Perhaps the team will find them again...

The scout teams I had sent to monitor the ones I have deemed draconic wanderers due their appearance and their movement patterns, have returned bearing the same news as always: they enter a sparely crowded town, they pillage as they will, and then simply leave. Nopony has died to these particular draconic wanderers, although they seem to respond to aggression if approached with such. Currently, I am simply having my scouts prevents as much property damage as possible and to keep civilians from harm until I can determine a method to contain these brutes, but current research into them has proved minimal at best.

However, it appears as though there is hope to be had. The most dangerous group, a group that seems dedicated to solely attempting and succeeding in killing my little ponies, has been pushed back in manehatten by a rival group, which was the cause of my meeting with the mayor of the city earlier today and some of yesterday evening. Although these monsters seem to be immune to our magic, when another monster summoned from these cards battles them, they can be slain. Although, perhaps a better term would be reverted to their original state, as when these monsters are slain, a card such as the one in the drawer next to me is dropped, with the same strange writing written on the top and a series of numbers on the bottom.

Note: translation of the language has been going slow, although with the addition of the latest cards to the vault, perhaps there will be more progress.

Despite the damage report I received this morning, I can safely say that there is now a way to combat those that threaten my little ponies, as when a guard that haphazardly went to pick up a card instead of using magic to safely store it, the monster depicted on it came to life once more.

The monster in question was one of the few that had been slain by those that tried to destroy the city and its inhabitants, so I am not sure whether the loyalty shown by the monster to the guard is due to a kind of magical contract enacted upon picking it up or due to previous allegiances, but it now follows said guard around, defending him.

The monster is currently staying in a room close by so I can keep an eye on him, but his? Its? Docility is proving such surveillance unnecessary.

Along with his arrival came a chance to study his form. His form of a bipedal creature covered in armor was something that some of the monsters basin common, and upon closer examination, heralded several key similarities between these variants and ponies, specifically in the brain and key bodily functions.

But perhaps the most telling feature of all was the fact it bore a name.

The guard claimed, upon picking up the card, that he could read the text upon it before it disappeared and created the being in the room a few doors over.

This Celtic Guardian hosts many secrets, and seems unwilling or unable to tell them. Perhaps in time...

There is still much I do not know, but I do hope a peaceful resolution will happen soon enough. If the damages escalate from simply property damage to lives, I am unsure if I can place a solid hoof down when the time comes.

No, it is not that I am unsure. It is that I am absolutely sure I will be able to. I am simply unsure if I will be able to cope with the idea that I may end them and had not given them a chance...

The evening is soon to arrive. Luna will soon be wondering what is taking me so long to come down. Always was the early riser...

Author's Note:

Editor: Jack_Lisain_Spiral
This is an introduction so no one is jumping into a story with no background information. Hopefully this will make it easier for you guys. And I hope you enjoy the Fic.