• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 7,175 Views, 150 Comments

Son of Chaos - TheNomad



Discord goes to a Chaotic dimension in search of a friend, he returns with something he didn't expect... He returns with a son.

  • ...
23
 150
 7,175

[E] Prologue

Discord sat on his throne, happily laughing at the misfortune of the ponies around him as he listened to his phonograph. A mare and her foal ran from a giant peppermint trying to eat them. Discord laughed; candy trying to eat foals instead the other way around. However, he never would let them get eaten. After all, it was just a joke. He watched the mare throw her foal out of the way to save her, but just before she was crushed the peppermint burst into bubbles.


Discord was almost dying of laughter; she tried sacrificing her life so her... foal... could live. Discord looked around; so much chaos, so much fun, yet no one to share it with. Was there even anyone that shared his love of chaos? That's when an idea came to his mind, a terribly chaotic, brilliant idea.


Discord back-flipped off of his throne and landed behind it. Now looking at the back of his throne he pulled out a pencil and began to draw a door. Opening up the door, he saw that it led to a pencil drawn staircase. He descended the staircase into a large room and saw what looked to be a massive MRI scanner with water floating vertically in it’s entry. On the side it said "Not a Stargate TM", and in smaller letters it read "not a stolen Stargate".


Call it the heat of the moment or just plain stupidity but Discord walked up to the portal. This was no gate through the stars, but a passageway through the realms. But before he walked through the gate a thought came to his mind, 'Is this the best thing to do? Is risking my life with a possibly defective portal really worth it?... Yes, yes it is.' With that, he walked through.


As he entered the new realm, the realm of these "humans", he looked around to find himself in a small alleyway on a rainy night. He truly loved this realm; the humans were always so chaotic, emotions so random and jumbled at times. There was always a war or crime so different than the last. A human friend was the answer. A human... Discord looked to himself noticing he was still a draconequus; he quickly hid himself from any peeping eyes.


He used his chaos magic and looked for the highest levels of chaos. He got a signal right away. He levitated following the trail of chaos which just seemed to dance through the air.


Walking through the street was a teenage girl in a zipped up black hoodie. Alas, it was not the girl that seemed to radiate the wonderful chaos but the newborn child in her arms. She quickly walked, not caring that she was soaked. Discord followed her until she stopped outside of an orphanage. She set the child on the orphanage's doorstep and knocked before quickly running away.


Discord waited for a few minutes, no one came to the door. He walked up to the newborn. It was a sleeping boy. 'Why do children always have the most chaos in them?' Discord thought. 'Let’s have a look, shall we?’ he thought with a grin. With a snap of his claws he looked into the past of the child. A young teenage girl was raped by her boyfriend and his friends. Her parents only cared what the outside world thought of them. She was kept home and locked in her room so no one would know of her child. And then the child was a born and given the this orphanage. He was truly born in chaos.


Discord smiled and said "You were born in chaos, so let you be raised in chaos.” The child's eye slowly opened, a soft cry escaped his lips.


"It's okay! Just, uh... just go back to sleep." Discord said worriedly, the babies cries only getting louder. "Uh... Uh... umm... ah-HA of course you’re just hungry." Discord said took one of his two fangs, turned it into a bottle, and gave it to the baby. The small babies crying stopped instantly. "See? Now come on, you're coming home with me." With that they left for Discord's 'Not a Stargate'.


On the other side of the gate Discord looked down at his human baby and found a new born draconequus. "What? How did this happen?" he whispered as he lifted up the draconequus, finding no human in sight. He looked at the draconequus and noticed something, it looked just like him, but only missing a tooth. This led to a sudden realization by Discord. ‘The Stargate must have recognized a foreign body that wasn’t compatible with this world, and so it created a new body based on any nearby information, in this case being the DNA from my tooth-bottle. Brilliant!’

"You're my... my... uhh... You need a name don't you?" Discord asked the baby draconequus, who replied with a giggle. "You'll be... my son... MY Strife."


One Hundred Years Later


"Happy hundredth birthday!" Discord shouted to Strife as he jumped out of a giant cake. Strife squealed in happiness. "You are now officially a centenarian! I'm just soo~ happy!" Discord said, picking up Strife and twirling him around. Strife was so small that he didn't even have his horns in yet, but he just LOVED chaos. "Now come on, let's cut the cake." Discord said happily, putting Strife on his head. Discord pulled out a giant butter knife and began to cut the cake.


Discord cut a small slice, big enough for Strife. Strife clapped his hands together teleporting the slice over to him. A grin bigger than any chaos could bring formed on Discord’s face. "YOU CAN CHAOS!?" He shouted happily, grabbing strife and hugging him. "Looks like we need to start your training." Strife happily squealed, and then he snatched the floating cake and began eating it. He also got more on himself and Discord than in his mouth, but they didn't care; today was a happy day. Yes, a happy day indeed. Discord started up a phonograph and happily played with his son.


Six Hundred Years Later


"Strife~" Discord said in a sing-song way as he creaked open his son’s door.


"Five more minutes?" Strife groaned into his pillow.


"Come on! Guess what day it is?~"


"Let Strife sleep in day?"


"Nooo~"


"Then I don't know."


"It's take your son to work day!" Discord said, happily kicking the door open.


The sudden slam made Strife fall out of his bed. "AHG-oohwf" he cried, hitting the floor.


"Phf-BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Discord fell to the floor, tears in his eyes.


"Shut-up!" Strife's voice cracked. Hearing the break in his son’s voice, Discord quickly slammed a paw to his mouth.


"ch-hahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"



"Can we just go to your work already?" Strife said angrily, walking past the now crying of laughter Discord.


"Oh, haha... of course. Let’s go!" and with a snap of Discord's claw they were at his throne. "Now let’s have some-" Discord’s entire body began to shake. "Oh no..."


"Dad, what's wrong?" Strife asked worriedly.


"Strife, two bad ponies are coming here to try and get me."


Strife's eyes widened with fear. "B-but you can take 'em, right?"


"Strife, don't worry. Both you and I know that I can take on anyone! Because I have a plan!" Discord then showed Strife a small bag with black seeds in it. "But I do need you to do something, alright?"


Strife gave a salute "Yes, sir!"


"I need you to hide and do not interfere. No matter what!"


"Are you sure?"


"Yes, now hide!"


Strife snapped his claw and disappeared. Discord sighed to himself, he knew that there was a high chance that he wouldn't be coming back. ‘However,’ he thought, ‘I must find a way, if not for anything else, for my son’. Discord grabbed his chair and turned it away from where the alicorns would be coming. He sat down and waited.


He heard their hoof-steps approach. He spun his chair around, "Oh, this is so much fun. How about a game of ‘Pin the Tail on the Pony’?" Discord mocked, showing them Celestia's tail in his paw. She let out a small gasp.


"Play time is over for you, Discord!"


"Oh I doubt that." He said, throwing some seeds into his mouth. "Hungry?" he asked, throwing a few at the alicorns, they didn't reply. "Suit yourselves," he said as he shoved a claw- full of seeds into his mouth.


The alicorns opened their bag and levitated three gems each. Discord was intrigued by this. "Oh, what have you got there?" He asked putting a claw to his chin.


"The Elements of Harmony." Said Celestia


"With them, we shall defeat you!" Luna said


"BAHAHA! You should see yourselves right now." Discord now knew he was going to win. "The expressions on your face. So intense. So sure of yourselves, Ahahah!" The two alicorns put their horns together, and a large rainbow swirled in the air. It launched itself at Discord "Hilarious!" As the magic hit him, he was turned to stone, his laughing pose frozen in time.


Strife sat there, his jaw literally hitting the floor. He didn't know what to think; he just saw his father just get murdered. 'I... don't know what to do,' he thought. For the first time in his seven hundred year life, he didn't know what to do. One thing was evident: he was angry. He didn't know what to do and he was absolutely livid. 'I'll KILL THEM!' he mentally shouted. With snap of his claws and a poof of smoke he was invisible. He crept up on the alicorns as they talked and he pulled out a long blade.


The two alicorns stood in amazement as the world around them changed to a grass plain. Houses fell from the sky back into place, fish stopped flying, and there was no more Discord.


"It's... wonderful," said Celestia.


"I never thought I would see the day," said Luna.


Strife was right behind them, he raised his blade and- stopped. He looked to his father and remembered what he was taught, 'You never kill. After all, it's just a joke,' he remembered. It was his father’s number one rule. Strife lowered his blade and he walked over to his father.

That's when he felt it, chaos. It was coming from the statue. His dad wasn't dead, just imprisoned. But the magic keeping him there was too strong. It would take a thousand years of chaos to break through that. Strife did the one thing that he could think to do and left. Before he left, he gave his dad a farewell gift: his father’s old phonograph, preloaded with his dad’s favorite song.

Author's Note:

Quick! a big thanks to VariousPotato for editing this chapter! :D

Yes discord is in the prologue for most of it but he's not in much after this, so that is why his not labeled as a main character.

Sadly I can't take all the credit for this idea, that goes to DemonOJM the original base idea, love the story.