• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 41,907 Views, 2,939 Comments

Journey to My Imagination - DeiStar



In a strange event, Lauren Faust is teleported to Equestria.

  • ...
135
 2,939
 41,907

Fateful Confession

Chapter 12: Fateful Confession
*****

“W-what just happened!?” Luna cried as she looked at her younger self being attacked by none other than her sister. “What is the meaning of this!?”

Lauren and Twilight were surprised as well. They exchanged stares of confusion. Faust just watched the scene, a grimace displayed on her face. The events of that fateful night haunted her more than anything in life. They all looked back at the scene, waiting for whatever it could happen next.

“C-Celestia! What in Equestria are you doing!?” the old Faust yelled. She wanted to run to the aid of Luna, but she didn’t know what could happen.

Celestia stood there without moving or saying a word. She bowed her head again to face the ground. The gray color on her mane and tail were slowly recovering back their original, pink glory. After a few moments, she shook her head, coming back to her senses. What just happened? The last thing she remembered was done raising the sun and obtaining her cutie mark. She opened her eyes and looked at the scene before her. Luna was lying on the floor. She gasped, immediately running towards her sister.

The old Faust was still unable to react or do anything. She was too shocked to do so. But what was Celestia doing? Something about her mane and tail bugged her.

“L-Luna! Are you okay!?” Celestia cried, holding her little sister with her hooves. She already had a tear on her eye. Who could harm her little sister?

“Uh…” Luna could only moan. She slightly tilted her head around, unable to actually answer to her concerned sister.

Celestia took a moment to think about the situation. The only ponies around were herself and her mother. She then raised her head and looked at the old Faust. “You monster! How could you harm my little sister!?” she yelled at the top of her lungs. She wasn’t thinking logically now. She could only pin the blame on somepony else.

“W-wait! Those words,” Luna gasped. The other mares looked at her. She closed her eyes and began to think about those lines. It didn’t take long until she realized she had heard them before. “I heard those voices when I was asleep, in my dreams!” she claimed.

“Ah ha ha, well, I wasn’t expecting anything less.” Faust placed her hoof in front of her mouth to hide her chuckle. She received a dumbfounded stare from Luna, who couldn’t understand what was so funny about the situation. “Yes, Luna. It seems like subconsciously, you’ve been recalling what happened here. The voices you heard weren’t random. They were actually the voices of before you lost your memory,” she explained.

“I… see,” Luna mumbled, looking back at the scene. It seemed like it only made sense. Those shouts she heard were definitely the ones she heard a while back when she was knocked out by Celestia’s spell. “So… I lost my memory due my sister’s attack?” she asked, receiving silence from Faust.

“Please, keep watching,” Faust requested, ignoring Luna’s previous question. Everypony fixed their eyes back at the angered young Princess.

“Mom! Why did you attack Luna!?” Celestia cried. She looked at her sister one more time and carefully placed her on the soft grass of the meadow.

“Celestia, listen to me. I didn’t—”

“Why did you attack her!?” Celestia roared. She turned her body and began walking towards her mother. She wasn’t thinking anymore. The frustration and rage grew stronger each second.

“Celestia! Stop it! It wasn’t me and you know it!” the old Faust claimed, taking a step closer. She knew what she saw and she wasn’t going to let her daughter throw the blame on her. Something was very wrong with Celestia.

“You… you harmed my sister! I hate you!” Celestia cried. Her eyes closed and tears began to shed from them. She didn’t remember the last time she was crying like that. She felt a great pain in her heart after saying those last words. Never in her life had she said those words to her own mother.

The old Faust groaned, taking a step forward. “Celestia! You’re leaving me no choice! Please, stop now!” she warned her. She was taking it too far now. Even when she was her daughter, she couldn’t let her talk to her like that. “Please… stop…” she whispered.

“I hate you!” Celestia yelled. All of a sudden, her horn glowed and shot a golden beam from it, directly towards her mother. She couldn’t control herself. The anger within her was too strong. She didn’t even realize she had attacked none other than her beloved mother.

Faust’s horn glowed as well. An orb of bright light enveloped her, making her teleport in less than a second, avoiding the beam. The orb of light appeared right in front of Celestia. “I’m sorry. Please, forgive me,” she said.

Celestia only had time to look at her mother for a couple of seconds before her vision went blurry. She quickly lost the support on her legs and balance. The darkness was enveloping her mind, until she finally collapsed on the ground, motionless.

“What just happened?” Twilight asked. She still couldn’t digest the whole scene that happened before her purple eyes. It was all too sudden.

“Celestia rebelled against me. She thought I was the one who attacked Luna,” Faust explained. “I knocked her out before she could do anything. It wasn’t easy for me. After all, it was the day she first raised the sun and got her cutie mark. It was supposed to be a day of joy and happiness.” She lowered her head, looking at the soft movement of the grass by the morning breeze.

Before Faust could continue, the old Faust reacted. A pearly aura enveloped the two unconscious sisters, levitating them right in front of her. They looked like two dolls made of wool. She closed her eyes and her horn flashed, causing everypony to close their eyes due the brightness of the flash, which lasted less than five seconds.

“And then, I had to do that,” Faust said, looking back at Lauren.

“What did you just do… or did?” Lauren asked, blinking her eyes to regain visibility. It was a very bright flash, like a common camera flash.

“What you just saw… was me wiping away their memories,” Faust explained. Her face didn’t show any signs of delight by sharing that information; it showed sorrow and remorse.

“But, I thought I lost my memories by Celestia’s attack!” Luna claimed. At least, that’s what everypony was thinking until now. Was it not that at all?

“No. Celestia’s attack was merely a weak bolt of magic that knocked you out. Nothing relatively serious,” Faust said. “I am responsible for your memory loss, Luna. I’m so sorry.” She lowered her head in shame, unwilling to directly look at Luna’s face. She probably hated her, and she had all the rights to do so.

“I… I don’t understand! Why would you do that!?” Luna said, almost feeling the same sensation in her eyes as when she hugged her mother for the first time. Only that this time, her eyes were filled with sadness.

“I could not bear with Celestia believing I was the one who attacked you. I was sure that you would probably think that as well,” Faust confessed. “So I took away the memories of you two ever having a mother, or at least that’s what I thought I did.”

“That’s crazy! Making your own daughters forget about their mother!” Lauren complained, tilting her head to think about what Faust said at the end. “Wait, what do you mean with you thought you did?”

“Ah ha ha, I can see that I am not very smart to spot the obvious things,” Faust chortled, once again placing a hoof in front of her mouth.

Lauren got pissed with that comment. Celestia would say the exact same thing, implying that she was slow to catch on the details. “J-just say it!” she growled.

“I think I understand what happened,” Twilight commented. The stares immediately got fixed on her. “Celestia still remembers you as her mother!”

“Correct, Twilight,” Faust said, looking back at the scene meters away from her. “I cast a spell on both Celestia and Luna, which worked quite well, at least for you.” She looked at Luna, then at Lauren. “However, it didn’t work quite well on Celestia. She somehow managed to block most of it. After the deed was done…” Before she could finish, she glanced one last time at the scene.

The old Faust had placed Luna and Celestia back on the soft grass. She looked at them, spreading her wings, ready to take flight. She flapped her creamy wings and swiftly soared to the sky, disappearing from sight after a few seconds. Everypony looked at Celestia and Luna lying on the meadow, which were left behind by their own mother.

“I abandoned you, Luna,” Faust sighed. Before anypony could say a word, the whole world before them became pitch black. The same sensation the mares felt just a while ago repeated. Within a few seconds, they were all back in the wrecked throne room. Everypony opened their eyes to confirm their location.

“We’re back!” Twilight said, glancing at the still unconscious Princess before her. The pink color on her mane was still gone, something that the unicorn began to think about.

“The memories after I woke up,” Luna intervened. “I remember being woken up by Celestia in that meadow. Yes, she told me I had only fallen asleep while we were playing. I don’t recall having any memory of ever having a mother.” She bowed her head and looked at her sister. Everypony was looking at her as well. “What happened with Celestia and that spell?” she asked.

Faust walked around next to Celestia, looking at her from above. “Thing is, Celestia still had the memories of me being your mother. She even knew what my intentions were when I cast that spell on you,” she explained. “Yes, she could never forgive me for two reasons. First, because I ‘attacked’ you.” She looked Luna one more time, before shifting back her gaze to Celestia. “And second, because I left her. Celestia… she was crushed that I abandoned her. She loved me, and I loved her.”

“I had no idea Celestia was carrying that weight for long time,” Lauren commented. The sudden revelations of events were too sentimental for her. It almost felt like one of those tragedy novels she read a lot.

“Celestia has been through a lot of pain and suffering, despise what she might say or act like,” Faust said. “She lost her entire family. Her mother when I abandoned her and her sister when she became Nightmare Moon. For a thousand years she was left all alone.”

Luna gulped. The memories from those events still haunted her at night. As her mother said, Celestia was left all alone for thousand long years. She still felt horrible for doing such a thing to her sister

“Don’t worry, Luna. The past is the past,” Faust said. “However, that was not the last time you or Celestia saw me.”

“Oh, right! Because of the third alicorn legend!” Lauren said. Finally, she was the one who remembered the facts. That previous comment from Faust activated her mind.

“Ah ha ha, well, well, you’re on the right track, my dear myself,” Faust chuckled. “Yes, that is correct. There was just one time I visited Luna and Celestia, and that was known as the third alicorn legend,” she explained.

“I see now,” Twilight said. She had been meditating the whole situation in her head, trying to grasp the idea. There were still some mysteries to be solved, and now it was the time to ask. “I have a question. It might not be important, but what’s with the Princess losing her pink color?”

That question made Faust raise an eyebrow. “What do you mean?” she said.

“Well, when we were… battling her, she lost the pink color from her mane and tail, as you can see.” Twilight pointed her hoof towards the Princess to confirm the lack of pink from both her mane and tail. “And when we were on the flashback, her pink mane and tail turned into a gray tone. What is the meaning of that?”

“You know, I’m quite curious myself. Is there any connection with Celestia losing her color?” Lauren asked. Certainly, there had to be any meaning to that. Nopony loses a mane color just like that for no reason.

“Well, yes,” Faust said. “The pink color on Celestia’s mane represents her harmony. Whenever this harmony is disturbed, the pink color disappears from her mane. When she attacked Luna, the harmony within her was disturbed for a few seconds. And now, the harmony within her has been completely corrupted.”

“Still, why would the Princess’ harmony be disturbed?” Twilight asked. She already wanted the real reason why Celestia went mad. No more idle chat. “I want to know the reason why the Princess is acting like this!”

“Haven’t you realized yet, Twilight?” Faust asked. That question made Twilight tilt her head in confusion. “It’s because of my presence that Celestia has been corrupted. It’s because of Lauren and me that the harmony within her has been disturbed. Her resentment toward us awoke, driving her mad, and thus, committing all these foul acts.”

A few seconds of silence enveloped the throne room. Lauren looked at her own self. It was her fault in the first place that Celestia was acting like that. Well, that is not my fault, is it? I was dragged here… I don’t know how but… I didn’t mean to!

“So if it’s your fault that the Princess is acting like this, why would you show up?” Twilight asked.

“It was not my choice. Regardless of my presence, Celestia’s sanity locks were going to break. My presence only sped up the process,” Faust explained. “I’ve come here to stop Celestia and save her before it’s too late.”

“To save her from what?” Twilight questioned.

Faust looked down at Twilight and closed her eyes for a few seconds. She bit her lower lip, taking a deep breath to proceed. “From her own self. Save her before she damages herself or anypony around her. Celestia is the all powerful ruler of Equestria, after all.”

Twilight went silent, trying to think about Faust’s last words. If they were true, Celestia was dangerous even for herself. She didn’t want to see anypony getting hurt. “Wait, the Princess was trying to cast a weird spell on Lauren several times by touching horns. What was that?”

“Celestia was apparently trying to resurrect me,” Faust said. “She thought that since Lauren was my ‘reincarnation’, she could use her to bring me back to life.”

“But she failed to do so…” Luna said.

“Because I never died and Lauren is not my reincarnation. As I’ve said before, Lauren is me and I am her,” Faust said. She looked at her other self and smiled. “Good thing her spell didn’t succeed!”

“Why? What would have happened if it did?” Lauren asked. That was one question that kept bugging her for a while. Sure, she was lucky that it didn’t work. But what if it did?

“Hmm, well.” Faust smile turned into a smirk. “Let’s just say you’d have gone to sleep for an uncertain period of time.”

Silence shrouded once again the devastated throne room. Lauren gulped, realizing what Faust said with sleeping. She bit her tongue, trying to get rid of that thought. Before she could answer, a voice interrupted her.

“How do you know so much?” Twilight asked.

“Ah? Beg pardon?” Faust said. She raised a hoof to her head and played around with her red locks of hair.

“I understand that you’re the Princesses’ mother and all, but how do you know so much about… well… everything? I mean, who are you? Lauren? She is right here! Where are you from? Where have you—” Before Twilight could keep bombarding Faust with questions, she got interrupted.

“Third alicorn,” Faust said. She stopped playing around with her mane and looked at Twilight. “Who was the third alicorn?”

“Lauren… I mean, you… I mean…” Twilight stuttered.

“The third alicorn, the creator of Equestria,” Luna intervened. Her eyes went wide open as realization struck her mind. It was all clear now. “You are the creator of Equestria! The pony that knows everything,” she said, pointing her hoof at Faust. Both Twilight and Lauren looked at her with shock. What else could she possibly be?

“Yup, you catch on quick, Luna,” Faust chortled. “Indeed. I am the creator of Equestria.” She glanced at Lauren with a smirk on her face. “You are the creator of Equestria.”

Is she implying what I think she’s implying? Wait… argh! I forgot she can read my… Lauren was wondering what could she mean with being the ‘creator’ of Equestria. She cringed, letting out a quick grumble. She looked at Faust’s smirk. She knew.

“I think the time has come to end this façade, don’t you think so too, Lauren?” Faust said. She walked towards her and glanced at Twilight. “I think you deserve to know the real reason why Lauren is here.”

“R-reason? She said she’s from another world and that she is here by accident!” Twilight claimed. At least, that’s what Lauren kept telling her. “I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“It is true that Lauren is from another world,” Faust admitted. She smiled and looked at her miniature self. “However, she never told you about that world of hers, did she?”

Twilight took a few seconds to think about it. Faust was right. Lauren never mentioned specific details about her world. She kept dodging the topic as much as possible. Everything seemed too fishy now. She glanced at Lauren with a concerned look on her face. “Now that you say it…”

“S-stop!” Lauren begged. She had enough. She knew were Faust was going to and she had to stop her. Her last word raised a suspicious look from both Luna and Twilight.

“My dear me. Why don’t you tell her yourself? You can’t hide it anymore, darling.” Faust took a step closer to her miniature self, making her to take a step back in response. “Your presence here is no accident.”

“Then what was it!?” Lauren asked. The mystery of why she was in Equestria was the greatest question of all. It was the kind of event that could only happen in fiction. “Why am I here?”

“Lauren Faust. I am you and you are me. I know your past and I know your future. I know your world and you know mine. You’re here because I need your help to stop Celestia.” Faust looked back at Twilight and Luna. “And I think the time has come to tell these mares who they really are. The time has come to tell them about the secret you’ve been keeping from them all this time.”

“Secret? Of who we are? A Princess and a unicorn?” Twilight interrupted, oblivious about what Faust could mean.

No! Stop it! Don’t say any other word! Lauren clenched her teeth, breathing heavily and looking at her bigger self with anxiety. “No!”

“Lauren Faust…” Faust smirk faded away, leaving nothing but a cold and serious look on her face. “The pony who was on top of the pole that stormy night, was none other than… myself!”