• Published 1st Nov 2011
  • 12,969 Views, 951 Comments

Stories in Stone, Luna's Royal Guard. - TDR



The Gardens of Canterlot contain more than their fair share of stories. And more creatures than just Discord.

  • ...
49
 951
 12,969

PreviousChapters Next
Stone in My Hoof [4]

Stories in Stone
Luna's Royal Guard
By TDR

Chapter 4
Stone in my Hoof

This was insane; Granted, most things involving Pinkie Pie wound up hitting that point sooner or later. The fact that Applejack and Rainbow Dash had gone along with this as well made it clear they had not talked to Rarity and Fluttershy about what she was doing.

“I told you both, I am fine. Now let me go already.”, fussed Twilight.

“Now, no need ta worry Twilight, ay'll untie yah just as soon as we're sure you aren't gonna hole back up in tha library again tha moment yer free.”, responded Applejack.

“I WAS studying!” shouts Twilight.

She squirmed, hogtied by AppleJack and dangled from a rope held by the flying Rainbow Dash. She was being carried who knows where, but it was clearly something Pinkie Pie had set up. The Pink pony had lured her out of her house with a supposed problem only for the other two to jump her. The pink pony had run off after telling them where to meet up at leaving AJ and Dash to bring her along.

“Yeah well your gonna get all dusty doing nothing but reading all the time. Seriously you need to get out more. Spread your wings... err horn or whatever.” Rainbow dash interjects.

“Yes, thank you Rainbow I feel so much better now that I'm outside and swinging like a pendulum. What exactly did you three plan?” Twilight shouts struggling from the rope.

“Nothin much mostly trying to get you into the fresh air, afore winter hits us. Kinda warm now, but Granny says the snows likely to come early.” AJ comments.

“She's right, it is on our schedule to have first snow fall in a couple of weeks. But the future weather report's a secret after some ponies tried to stop the snow from coming a few years back. How does she know about it?” inquired Dash.

“Claims her knees tell her.” AJ explains.

“While that's all well and good it does not explain why I am being hoof flown some where, or to what I am being flown too.” Twilight complains.

“Oh well to be honest sugar cube ay don't rightly know m'self. Pinkie Pie has something set up but ay.... oh boy....” AJ trails off looking at something over the rise in the road.

Twilight hit the ground with a thud as Rainbow Dash dropped her. She winces glancing up to see AJ and Rainbow slack jawed looking at something. Rolling over off her back she lifted her head looking down the road towards what they were staring at, her own eyes widening at the sight.

The entire field was covered in garish multicolored lights, streamers, and booths. There were rows of the small buildings, each of them trying to outdo the other with colors and sounds or flashing strobes.

The far side of the field held a creature carousel, what looked to be a house of mirrors, a horror ride, some spinny things, and a giant wheel towering into the sky with little buckets for ponies to ride in.

Twilight wasn't even hungry and the smell of festival cooking, candy, and other delicious things filled the air wafting together in a mouthwatering mix. Cries of joy and of terror filled the air coupled with buzzers and ringing bells and the roar of the rides. Alarms sounded as prizes were won or tried for in the plethora of game booths set up around the field.

“What in the world is this?!” Twilight mutters.

“It's the first ever Pinkie Pie FUN FAIR!!”, shouted Pinkie, bursting out of the trees.

“The what?!” the trio of them chorused as Pinkie untied Twilight.

“The first ever Pinkie Pie Fun Fair. I've had the idea for a while of one big party that travels around with rides and games and food and lights and music and shows. Recently I met a couple of ponies who liked the idea and we got together talking about it. Well to make a long story short we set up the plans and asked around and one of them knew a pony who had this. Another one knew a pony who could get rides, or could do, this or knew some pony, who knew some pony, who knew some pony, who knew some pony, who knew some pony, who knew some pony, who knew some pony, who knew some pony, who knew some pony, who knew some pony......”

Reaching up, Twilight tapped the side of the pink pony's head.

“Thanks Twilight, I got stuck there for a moment. Any way we got everything together and here it is. I wanted to make it free but the others didn’t think we could get as much done like that. We settled on a few bits to get in and ride anything and the food and games cost a few bits as well. But still I got every one tickets and Fluttershy and Rarity are already here with Spike. I figured this would be a great way to spend the last few days before winter. Come on this is gonna be FUN!!” Pinkie bubbled.

Pinkie was indeed correct this looked like a great deal of fun. Fluttershy, Rarity, and Spike where waiting at the main gate as Pinkie bounded around giving them their tickets before heading into the gate

The entire field was filled with ponies on the rides, playing games, and running about enjoying themselves. The seven of them joined the flurry of activity readily.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash's rivalry starting almost instantly with the games as they constantly one upped each other with prizes. That stopped the instant Fluttershy walked past carrying a giant plush bunny prize larger than she was that she had won on her first try

. Pinkie was everywhere trying out every bit of food on the menu and trying to share as much of it as she could with all the others. Luckily most of the event staff seemed to know she was at least some what the reason for the event and did not charge her.

The rides were next Fluttershy declined to ride many of them though she watched and held what they had won along with her bunny. Rainbow seemed bored with the Ferris Wheel while the rest of them were rather amazed that you could see Ponyville from the top of it. The fun house and spinny rides were also avoided by Fluttershy, though she had to be dragged off the carousel, for wanting to ride all of cute animals that were bouncing around on it.

By the end of the day all of them save Pinkie and Spike were tired and full from all the food. Pinkie was still bouncing around like always and Spike was already asleep across Twilight's back. They joked and talked having a fun time still even on the walk back to town.

“Pinkie, the next time you want me to come out with you to something, just ask.” Twilight chuckles.

“Oki doki loki, though if you were asked to come out, you would have asked why; Then I couldn’t have told you and you would have said no. If I had told you it wouldn't have been a surprise and you might have said no anyway with all that studying you're doing.” Pinkie rambles.

“I doubt I would have said no to this, no matter how interesting my studies are.” Twilight chuckles

“Oh, Twilight how has that been going?” Fluttershy questions.

“Not too bad, but I keep having to revise everything I write. When I look again I keep seeing new things of interest that I have to make mention of, so it's taking me a week or more to just finish a small part of it.”

“Well alright, but I still want to read it, if that’s alright, with winter coming all the animals tend to go to sleep or fly south so it gets very quiet and a bit boring.” Fluttershy muttered.

“I will be sure to let you know when I talk to the Princess again.”

As the sky grew dark, they split off, saying their goodbyes and heading home while Twilight returned to the library. She quietly put Spike to bed along with the plush dragon he had won.
Twilight briefly pondered sleeping as well, but the pull of her studies was too strong.

She looked over everything making sure it was all set up before casting the spell and fading into the form of Jer'rahd. It was odd but she seemed to be picking up what he was thinking much more clearly as though she was scrying from him rather than his sword.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jer'rahd whimpered at his shield failing, the strange dagger clatters to the floor as he lay there panting, no longer able to support it..

He slowly caught his breath again before opening his eyes and picking up the blade in his mouth forming another shield with his magic before him. He flinches as the tip of the dagger touched his shield. He shoved the blade harder trying to pierce the glowing barrier. It resisted more this time though his shield still shattered, the back lash of his magic breaking sending a current of pain back into his horn. The dagger falls from his mouth as he cries out loudly, falling to the floor once more.

A slight rap sounded from the door of his room. He snatches the dagger up with his foreleg shoving it under the sheet of his bed as the door opens admitting a pretty white unicorn mare in a nurses outfit.

“Sergeant? Are you OK in here?” the nurse questions.

“I'm fine. “Jer gasps. “Shifted wrong on my leg is all. Nothing I can't deal with.”

“Well if you are sure. Starting to worry us, you were doing fine after the surgery though you seem to be getting worse now. It may be some sort of combat stress disorder. We can set you up with a psychologist if you like.” the Nurse states.

“No, no, its fine, a bit stressed, but nothing to worry about. Boredom mostly, my brain is just as messed up as its always been.” Jer'rahd chuckles.

“Well if you say so.”

“Any chance I can get a room with a lock on it?”

“Considering how antisocial you tend to be I'd say no, I really don't want to have to yell at you though a door. Besides in your state we still need to keep an eye on you.”

“Ah I see. So what's on the agenda today? More therapy?”

“I'll have to look at the list. Come to the desk if you can manage and I'll let you know.”

“Right, thanks.”

It had been three months since he had taken the dagger under the Princess of the Moon's order. Three months since he had been shipped back to Canterlot along with Starfall. Three months of therapy and surgery to get his leg back to normal. Princess Luna's magic had reattached it, stopping him from losing the limb, but it had been a hasty job. The bone in his leg was still fragmented and bits of shrapnel had to be pulled from his side.

He would never have made it up the hill with out the aid of Starfall. The Princess had thanked him for his aid, making sure that both he and Starfall received a promotion and commendations for their heroic actions before she left after finishing whatever task she came there for. The other survivors of the train had received similar awards for their service, though most of them were still in Camp Geode. The ones that survived any way.

The effect of Starfall's actions had been called numerous things, the one that seemed the most popular was The Sonic Rain Boom followed by the Sonic Rain Crash. The impact of that explosion left a sizable crater in the ground, but had no ill effects on Starfall. Some of the smarter ponies had mentioned a buffering effect from the sonic light nimbus that had surrounded her. It was all just talk to Jer'rahd, although he was asked a great many questions about it and he figured Starfall was getting grilled somewhere as well.

Between the questioning he had been tended to at the best medical facility Canterlot had to offer. The meals were by far better than he had had in months and not having to share a room with ten other ponies almost seemed a foreign concept. He had not however, heard anything from Princess Luna about the blade she had told him to hide. The waiting was inter spaced between therapy, questions, and long periods of boredom. Eventually all he had to occupy himself was just therapy and boredom. Curiosity got the better of him in all the down time and he started to experiment with the weapon.

The blade of the weapon was a two apple long jagged hunk of unworked metal. It was still rather sharp and never seemed to lose its edge. Otherwise there was nothing different from it and any of the other Bone Hound weapons he had seen, save the lack of gems. He thought to test it, remembering the pain he felt when he blocked it with his shield. Forming one of the square panels he lightly jabbed the blade into it.

His cry had roused the doctors and nurses patrolling the hall to burst into the room. He barely had time to kick the blade under his bed before they stormed in to see what was the matter. Thinking quickly he made some lame excuse about sleeping on his leg wrong. Since then he had been in a rather thick brace that did not allow him to bend his leg at all, even when he slept. The only time it was removed was when he was in some sort of physical therapy.

He had tried again with the dagger managing to keep his cry silent this time. It took most of the time he was stuck bedridden to be able to hold the shield up for nearly a full minute before the pain forced him to stop. He found he also tended to feel some pain just holding it with his magic, though that went away the longer he practiced with it.

He had also developed another hobby in his boredom, at least once he could move around on his own and had the nurse's patrol schedules down.

=====================================================================

Glancing back at the darkened door to the gym he felt confident that he had not been spotted coming out to the training hall this late at night. He was still under orders for bed rest, though that was all he had been doing for months now. He needed to get out, to move around a bit before he went completely crazy. He could put his weight on his leg enough to try and do this so long as he didn't stress it too hard.

This was his fourth trip out. The past few nights had wound up being little more than practice at falling on his face. Stepping around the gym he gathered up a few training dummies positioning them as he remembered the fight.

Moving to where he had memorized the princess having been, he started forward trying to mimic her motions. Like every other night he wound up on his rump or face often without having struck a single target. He growled trying it again before the pain and the exertion forced him to rest.

Tonight was a little different as a realization struck him and he wound up slapping his face with a hoof at the simple obviousness of it. He finally figured out why he could not manage to glide across the battle field like she had. No wings. He cursed his own stupidity and tried to adjust for this problem and only fared a little better, though still not showing near the grace Princess Luna had.

=====================================================================

After a month sneaking out to train he could manage not to fall on his face and could take out all the targets, but it was clear his little dance number would not work in combat to do anything but make the enemy laugh at him.

He pondered continuing to try grace, before finally scrapping the idea. He was neither as nimble nor graceful as the princess. It was time to go with what he did know which was brute force and sword play. Of course being a much nosier training exercise, it had gotten him caught and put under a Nurse's watch to make sure he stayed in bed, until the doctors said so.

Thankfully his new stint as a prisoner was short lived, as only a day or so after he was caught he was summoned to Canterlot Castle by the Princess.

Dressed in his best uniform and a new brace, as the old one had been damaged fairly heavily from his nightly dance offs. He strapped his grandfather's sword to his side. He drew the gracefully curved blade free of its scabbard, briefly admiring the new dark blue wrap about the handle and the metal that had been polished to a shine in his boredom, before sheathing it and tucking the dagger into his saddlebag before stepping out the door.

A chariot with a pegasus Guard sat outside waiting for him to take him to the castle proper rather than letting him walk. Chatting with the soldier was a nice change from the doctors. The gray pegasus seemed to have a little trouble with his flying though not enough to worry Jer'rahd. While thanking him for the trip he did notice the pony's eyes didn't seem to point in the same direction as where he was looking.

As the pegasus flew off Jer'rahd was met by a small blue mare with neatly bunned pink hair dressed in a maid's outfit with a doily for a cutie mark. She proceeded to guide him though halls of Canterlot Castle.

The place was adorned with tapestries and crests of Royal Houses. A number of stained glass windows cast a rainbow glow across the floors of the great hall. He paused to catch his breath looking up at a window a pair of unicorns seemed to be working on that looked rather familiar with the rainbow colored ring taking up most of the top of it.

A slight cough from his guide spurned him back into motion. The maid seemed rather annoyed at having to wait up for him or keep the slow pace he was setting though she kept her comments to herself considering he was still wearing the brace on his leg.

Eventually she opened a pair of double doors leading to a small garden courtyard on the out side of the castle pointing him to a pair of figures resting on a dais that looked out over a larger garden behind the castle. Both figures had their gazes lifted skyward watching something in the air.

He started to glance up to see what they were looking at but all of a sudden the realization hit him just who he had been brought before.

The pair of graceful looking ponies were almost complete opposites of each other, a purple and black mare with a crescent moon on her flank sat next to a pure white mare with a golden sun adorning her flank.

His eyes widened as he watched the idle fluttering of the white mares' wings and the wavy motion of lights and colors that their manes and tails created for a second, for the first time wanting to be back in the hospital.

Princess Luna and Princess Celestia, both of the Goddesses of ponykind, rested on the dais before him. He stood there frozen, for a moment, before a light kick to his back leg brought his eyes around to the small maid shooing him forward as she closed the door with a loud crash at his back hooves. He nearly jumped at the sound as the two regal forms glanced back spying him standing there.

“AH, SERGEANT KAISUR, WE ARE GLAD YOU COULD COME. PLEASE APPROACH US.” Luna all but bellows.

“I do not think you need to use the Royal Speech here, Sister, he seems in a state of proper shock and awe as it is.” said Celestia, chuckling.

“BUT THIS IS HOW WE.... this is how we are supposed to speak to our subjects. Tia.” Luna protested.

“When addressing more than one of them perhaps, but with this matter I doubt that being heard all the way to Ponyville would be wise.” Celestia smiles.

“You are correct as usual sister.” Luna sighs.

Princess Luna glances back in the air as Jer'rahd approached hesitantly. He was doing his best not to hobble, but the brace was on for a few more days at least and it was hard to walk properly with your leg stretched out fully. Princess Luna was by far the smaller of the two but that still put her a head or two taller than he was. Princess Celestia however likely would have towered over Rhede. He moved closer sinking down into a formal bow his horn nearly brushing the top of the grass.

“You..., you sent for me your Majesties?” Jer stutters.

“Do you still have the blade sergeant?” Luna questions directly.

“Of course Princess Luna I have kept it as you asked.”

“Good, please set it on the table there before us.” commanded Luna.

He nodded rising a bit glancing back and letting his magic wrap around the blade pulling it from his pouch and moving it to rest on the table as instructed. Both of the Alicorns' eyes widened as his magic set the blade down carefully before them.

“What?! How did you do that?” Luna questions.

“Oh, this is interesting. I think some pony might have been playing around with this item a bit, hmm sergeant?” Celestia chuckled.

Both of the Princesses turned to stare so intently at Jer'rahd that he felt like he was going to faint. He quite fervently wished they would either look elsewhere or else that the ground would swallow him up, anything that would let him fade back into obscurity.

“Well have you?” Luna questions.

“I … Ihaveabit PrincessLuna, IapologizebutwhenIfirstencounteredthisweaponmyshieldwasallbutshatteredbyit. ItbarelyheldtogetherenoughtodeflectthebladefromstrikeingyousoIhavebeenpracticeingwithitincaseIrunintosomethinglikeitagainsoicanblockitandkeepyoufrombeinghurtwithalittlemoreskillthanjustluckiamsorryifIwasnotsupposedtodoanythinglikethatbutyoudidnottellmewhatishouldbedoingand.......”Jer'rahd blurted out.

“Breathe, Sergeant, breathe. And do calm down a bit, neither of us are going to gobble you up or anything like that. Calm down and try that again. Make it like a report to a superior officer if you feel more comfortable.” Celestia said comfortingly.

Jer'rahd blinked at her words, exhaling deeply trying to collect his thoughts so he would not ramble in front of the Goddesses again.

“I am sorry Princess Luna, Princess Celestia. When I first encountered the weapon I used my shield to try and deflect a blow the Bone Hound directed at Princess Luna. The weapon shattered my shield and was barely slowed at all. Since then I have been testing the blade against my shield and have been able to hold it together for longer and longer periods of time. If I continued to practice with it perhaps in time I will be able to hold it off completely in case it is encountered again.” Jer'rahd states trying to keep from rambling again.

“Interesting, your personnel report said your magic was not that powerful.” Luna responds.

“It is not, Princess. I am only able to muster two spells one of which every unicorn knows and the other a shield spell.”

“Show me.”

“Yes Princess Luna.”

Jer'rahd's horn glowed as a large green panel formed between himself and the princesses Both of them regarding it idly as if trying to see something in the spell. Eventually though Celestia's gaze turned skyward again.

“Not bad Sergeant. You might only know two spells, but they are useful for your chosen field.", she paused for a moment, "The reason power was mentioned is because this metal tends to cancel magic that touches it. Only very powerful spell casters can even wiggle a piece this size. How long have you been able to move it with your magic?” Celestia asked.

“I do not know Princess. Usually, I simply hold it and stab at my shield I used to get a head ache from lifting it, but eventually that went away. I never really considered it something to think about before. I was trying to block the weapon, not wield it.”

“STARFALL, PLEASE COME BACK DOWN TO US WE HAVE A GUEST!"

Jer'rahd looks up finally seeing the silver form of his friend dropping down from the sky sweat glistening on her bare form. Panting, she landed hard and knelt before the Princesses before rising. Seeing Jer'rahd on his hooves, she smirked slightly.

“Nice to see you again, Jer'rahd, at least intact anyway. You do look like your about to pass out though.” Starfall chuckles.

“So do you. Either that or you have been flying through rain clouds.” Jer remarks.

“Oh good, I was right, you two do know each other. Starfall please take a rest and get some water before trying again.” said Celestia.

“Yes, Princess Celestia.”Starfall comments trotting over to the far side of the garden where a table had been set up with a bit of food and drink

Jer'rahd glances back watching her head off, before realizing the two alicorns were staring at him again. He froze snapping back into attention noting the smirk on the Princess of the Sun's face and the even stare of the Princess of the Moon.

“Do you know each other well Jer'rahd?” Celestia all but coos as Luna rolls her eyes.

“We trained together Princess Celestia. We also served together against the Bone Hounds.”

“Oh, is that all?” Celestia asked, sounding a bit disappointed.

He barely caught the hint that there might be something more to her question, though this was the Sun Goddess, surely she wouldn’t be implying things. He must be mistaken.

“Yes Princess Celestia we have been friends since training.”

“A pity, well that was not it then.” grumbled Celestia

“I am sorry, Princess I do not understand.” Jer'rahd blinks rather confused.

“What my sister is saying in a roundabout way is that Senior Airmare Silvertail has been unable to perform this Sonic Rain Boom a second time. The belief that you might have had some sort of romantic link to her and that she rushed to save you as she claimed had been considered. Though if your statement is true then that cannot be the case.” replied Luna.

“I see. No, Princess Luna, at best it might have been she felt she owed me for saving her from a cockatrice in training. Otherwise we are only friends.” Jer'rahd replies.

Starfall takes back off again climbing into the air with another nod to Jer'rahd.

“That might be an idea then. Sergeant Kaisur do you trust me?” Luna mutters tapping on her chin with a hoof.

“Of course Princess Luna. You trusted me enough to bring you that blade Princess. It would be unfair not to trust you the same.”Jer'rahd replies nearly automatically.

“Good please try to carry on a bit and make yourself more noticeable.” Luna replies her horn glowing.

“I am sorry Princess Luna I do not und.ERSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!”

Jer'rahd had not noticed her magic surrounding him suddenly launching him into the air with such force that his leg brace and his sword were left spinning in place where he had been standing before they fell to the ground next to the Princesses.

“That was a bit uncalled for, Lulu.” Celestia chided.

“If it works, it was not. Besides if it does not work he will still land in the lake.” Luna responds.

“Honestly Lulu, you should not have done that, he seemed to like you.” Celestia smirks.

“What!?!”Luna questions glancing from the sky and the screaming Kaisur to her sister then back.

“Oh, you didn’t notice? He was clearly watching your flank when he approached. I can't imagine why, as mine is so much better.” Celestia falsely pouts.

The sound of the air tearing can be heard as Starfall chases after the falling Jer'rahd.

“I do not know what you are talking about Tia.” Luna said with flushed cheeks trying to ignore her sister.

“Sure you don't, it seems you're somepony's favorite princess.” Celestia teases.

“Tia please....”

Luna's blush fades as the sound of Jer'rahd's screaming is drown out by a loud sonic boom followed by a wave of rainbow colored light before the lake explodes in a shower of water and steam, a multicolored cloud of mist rising from it. The aura ring radiating out from the point where the air was broken.

“You are right, that is pretty.” Celestia observes.

“And quite effective. The Diamond Dogs will surely surrender now that they see we can repeat the effect. She needs to work on control however. I doubt crashing into the ground every time is healthy.” Luna comments.

“Well so long as it stops the conflict I am quite content to allow you to use it. The leader was dealt with by you personally so the insurgent group of Bone Hounds is all but gone. Peace might be achievable once more Luna.” Celestia smiles.

“I suppose so, but when it is peaceful there is so little for me to do.” Luna sighed.

“Mmmm, well take a stallion, or a mare if your preference has changed, enjoy your self a little. It has been a long time.” teased Celestia.

Luna blushed again.

“There is still far too much to do to even bother thinking about that sort of thing..... even if I wished to.”

Celestia sighed, rising from the dais, the small, distant dots of a silver pegasus lifting a water logged unicorn out of the half emptied lake holding her interest briefly.

“You are still not over him and it has been over two thousand years sister. Every pony dies but us and even that is no longer certain if more of these weapons are made. No matter what happens you cannot seal yourself away from the pain. Avoiding the good things because there might be bad later is no way to live. I know you have been as you are for far shorter time than me, but I would have thought that as smart as you are you might have figured it out sister. Allow me to pass on something my predecessor told me. Do not give up your tomorrows because all of your yesterdays were bad, sister. What happens in the future will be here one day and what has happened in the past cannot be changed. Even we can only live in the now. “

“That is not easy advice to live by Tia.” Luna grumbled.

“Of course not, but it does mean that if some handsome stallion is trying for your attention you shouldn't avoid them or scare them off.” Celestia teased.

“Just being myself scares them off sister. I am a goddess of night, war, and all things normal ponies wish to avoid or hide from.”

“Not everyone is afraid of you sister.” Celestia smiles.

“Right. Even the stallion you claimed was watching my flank was trembling when I spoke to him.” Luna snaps back.

“Believe what you wish Lulu, but I do not like seeing you become more and more withdrawn every year.”

Princess Celestia headed back into the Castle leaving Luna alone with the approaching and quite waterlogged pair. Starfall's mane hid most of her face, but the grin on what was visible spoke volumes. Jer'rahd was simply trying to cough out what felt like half the lake.

“Trust is one thing Princess Luna. A bit of warning is another and would have been quite nice.” Jer'rahd coughed sounding a bit annoyed.

“My apologies to you both, but it had the desired effect. Do you know how you did it this time?” Luna questions.

Jer'rahd coughs as Starfall nods her grin seeming to get wider.

“Good, take the rest of the day off both of you.”

Princess Luna tilts her head slightly looking at the stallion as he shakes himself lightly trying to dry off before putting his sword back in its scabbard.

“Sergeant you may wish to put in for another dress uniform, that one seems to be disintegrating.” Luna commented.

He glances down at the tattered remains of his dress uniform cursing as Starfall laughs.

____________________________________________________________________

Twilight shook her head a bit dropping back out of the spell as her clock chimed twice. She was not expecting such a personal conversation from the princesses. Celestia's comment that there was another goddess before her, as well as the comments that Luna had come long after Celestia confused her. She knew Princess Celestia was older than Princess Luna but this vision indicated far more time than most thought. All her studies had shown that there was no one ruling before the sisters. Granted she also had not known about Princess Luna until a few years ago, so perhaps she had missed something or it was in the sealed book archive. Of course there was also the lack of information on the Five Beasts of the Moon, so perhaps there were no books before that time remaining where she could find them.

Arrgh!! Every time she learned something, five other things came in and brought even more questions.

She replaced the blade in its case, the reason for the familiar struggle with the weapon having been made clear by this vision, but the why of it still eluded her. Resolving to investigate further when she could, she blew out the candles and headed off to bed.

Author's Note:

reworked and re posted aug 27th 2013

Editing assistance by StormyVenture

PreviousChapters Next