• Published 29th Oct 2011
  • 59,423 Views, 2,516 Comments

The Immortal Game - AestheticB



Princess Luna leads the Elements of Harmony against the corrupted Twilight Sparkle

Comments ( 556 )

That feel...that feel when you're literally JUST looking at a fic or thinking about a fic and thinking, "Gee, I wonder when this is going to update again?", and it happens.

Mind blown.

NOOOOOO! No, you can't have finished it already! I'm not even halfway through! I thought I had time! It hadn't updated in months! All my plans...ruined! :raritydespair:

I guess I'll just have to reorganize my reading list...again...but from what I have read, I can say I will greatly anticipate doing so :pinkiehappy:

Lium #4 · Jan 30th, 2013 · · ·

And so it ends.

Hasbro wishes they could do a coronation near as good.

Spacecowboy
Moderator

I just had a heart attack.
Amazing ending to an amazing story.

IT UPDATED
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anypony know anything about video game design?

:ajsmug::yay::pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::raritystarry::twilightsheepish:

Well damn.

You done good, Aesthetic. You done reeeeal good.

Poco #8 · Jan 30th, 2013 · · ·

2044372

for the second time today. pretty much this.

I really liked the Celestia/Luna moment. Luna really did lose every fight she got into and yet pretty much won the war for them. Nice to see her get some credit.

... this is all I can say...

Bravo. This is the most epic story I have ever read and the ending is awesome. Like a thousand hot dogs.

:raritydespair: I can't believe this is over! Such an amazing piece of fiction, what will I read now?!

Saw the blog, started hyperventilating as the words AestheticB said sank in... The Epilogue is here.

I'm im in tears. This was the first fanfiction I ever read. The only way for this to disappoint me would be for it to have not ended at all.

Thank you. I have been waiting for this for months, ever since my friend pointed me this direction and told me to read it. A great conclusion to one of the best stories on this site.

Satisfaction, that is all I have to say. Thank you for this fic

*reads description*
This story sounds crazy ...
Time to start reading ...

Hooray! Ending! That does nicely wrap things up.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................In Modern English: There are no words.
You say that you can't make us happy? Not all of writing is about making your audience happy. Sometimes it's about telling the story as the story is meant to be told. And there was no part of this story that wasn't told how it was meant to be. I tip my hat to you.
Well Done.

One of the best fan fictions I've ever read. True to what I said to you in PM, this story is motivational, inspirational. I feel the urge to learn and practice so I can one day write something half as good as this.

Bravo.

2044413
Busting out the John Williams?

Fuck yes.

Ah, a nice semi-open end it's good to see. I read the rest of the story about a month ago in three days so it's nice to see the epilogue here.

Dang, what a shock to see this updated. A very pleasant one to be sure, but still a shock. Been following this since the first several chapters and it feels weird to have it finally ended. Sure we've had some rough times of no updates, but this has easily been one of my favorite stories of all time. Loved every single bit of it. Can't wait to see what you do next, whether pony or not. Keep us updated please :3

Now this... this is an ending to go out on. AB, I know writing endings are hard. I know you may not even read this. But I really liked this ending. It wrapped up the story, left things open for us to wonder and it was done on a high note.

Good show sir!
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5qf8nssHo1qbaj4uo1_500.gif

And like all epics... no matter how much we don't want it to end. Every story must have one. I look forward to anything else you decide to write AB.

I'm going to assume this is the last chapter seeing as how it ended with the end.
You should probably mark the story 'Complete' then :pinkiehappy:

2044477
Endings always suck, yeah. No one wants to watch the Hogwarts Express drive away when they're not on it.

2044481

And you did right before I posted that haha.

And so one of FIMfics most epic and enjoyable tales ends. :twilightsmile:

Gotta admit I expected this chapter to be a bit longer considering how long it. :trollestia:

2044482

Better to end strong on your terms, then dragged out and with no spark left. The fact that this took you a while is what impressed me. You could have spat out a canned ending in a week. But you didn't.

Just once more, I will say thank you for writing an epic piece of fiction that kept me entertained for hours. I would buy this in hard cover if it existed.

Now I shall stop embarrassing myself by fan boying out.

i had given up all hopes that the epilogue would ever actually be written. not that i really minded just saying. I was just praising this story today over on Reddit on one of the angstier Twilicorn threads, telling them that *this* is how you god power Twilight.... so its awesome that this landed today

A fitting ending for such an Epic.

I...I loved this. One of the best stories I've read on this site and any other fanfiction across the web.

Truly amazing.

You've persevered in the face of your own doubt and the doubt of others, from an intriguing beginning, through a rough first act, and on to a high-powered finale and an ending which satisfied. I've followed this since the start. I laughed, I cried, I was inspired.
Thank you.

Perfect tone, perfect end. Thank you for sharing this excellent story with us. :twilightsmile: I hope you write more in the future.

And so it ends.

One of the best stories I've read.

Thank you AestheticB.

Seriously? You couldn't write 2800 more words?

This was great, even i Terra became the equivalent of a teenager who hates her parents, and most of all herself!

Yeah....I'm just gonna sit over here and try to pretend I can be comprehensible after reading this....

2044598
It's three hundred thousand. You cannot convince me otherwise.

Read it..so now I get to squeal like a bitch.

Love, that's all I can express for this Fic. Love.

AestheticB, thank you. Thank you so much for this story and all the effort you put into it. Thank you for this magnificent ending, wrapping everything up. Thank you for sticking it out to the end.

It's often that a good fanfic leaves me feeling happy and glad that I read it. It's rare, though, that a fic like yours wraps up leaving me feeling satisfied as well.

Thank you.

A beautiful end to my absolute favorite story. I'd pay good money to have this in hardback, no lie. Thanks for the ride AestheticB, it's been amazing.

That was grand. I want more, I want to know what happens to Twilight, her friends, Terra, and really everypony until they die, but this story surrounded the rise and fall of Titan, and now it's finished. Now to go back to writing my poor excuse for a fanfic and hope that I can have a single shred of the awesomeness that was in this tale.

Thank you for having written this amazing, epic ride AestheicB.

This was one of the fics that brought me to this site :twilightsmile:

Funny thing, I was poring over all my favorites when I saw this and thought "Huh. It hasn't been updated for a while."

A strong ending as desired though it lacks the unnecessary "what did they do afterword" angle (but that is ok).

Of course I am still waiting for an explanation of the new pony races you created for this story like Pinkie (or did I miss a discussion about it somewhere?).

It ends.

And yet it is JUST BEGINNING.

This leaves multiple holes for so many spinoffs, Aesthetic. This is just the start of so many new chapters, you have no idea what you've unleashed.

This is the best story ever! Of all time! For all of Eternity!

Thank you for doing this:twilightsmile:

2044360 The coronation itself isn't what's important, it is what leads up to it. Compare a over 200k words story to a 20 min episode... maybe a 40 double.... It cannot be epic, it will feel rushed and thus... bad. But we'll come to accept it, and maybe, just maybe, it's gun be good!

But anyway, i was like: Wut? Immortal Game updated' wasn't this story finished? o.O I didn't even know there would be an epilogue... i lterally thought it was finished and i liked! But this is a nice wrap to the story, so i won't complain. it was an honor reading your story and all the best luck to you!

I nearly cried during the Rarity part.
And the Pinkie part.

This is my favorite story. And now it's over...
I barely know what to think.
AestheticB, I thank you. There are now words for how much this *language fails me*.
Thank you.
I think I'm going to cry now...

This fic updates. Turnabout Storm updates, Mane 6 releases a Fluttershy update, Alicorn Twilight becomes canon...today is a good day.

...I'm at a loss of words. Except these:
First of all, love how you handled Terra and Fluttershy at the end. It was heartbreaking to see Terra's past and what she became. If Fluttershy took care of Discord so easily in Keep Calm And Flutter On, I have faith that Fluttershy can definitely bring the good out of Terra.
Speaking of Discord, where is he and what's he doing now? To my knowledge, that was never resolved. Let me know if I'm wrong about that.

Login or register to comment