• Published 24th Apr 2014
  • 1,097 Views, 7 Comments

Draconicus Incognito - zztfox



Can Discord fill another certain Purple Alicorn's Horse Shoes for a Day?

  • ...
2
 7
 1,097

~CHAPTER SEVEN: A Great Day, Indeed!~

Five ponies out of five absorbed into their own problems. Problems that would keep them out of Princess Discord's mane all day. And what a day it was going to be.

He first thought of losing his disguise, but decided against it. He knew he would be able to reign chaos almost at will as the highly regarded Princess Twilight Sparkle as no one would question their newly crowned Alicorn. Not to mention the added effect of the mess he could make that would be left for Twilight to clean up. He doubted the Princesses would want to confess to actually telling their subjects they had enlisted him as an Alicorn Double.

A waiting list of chaotic options appeared before him. Cotton candy clouds raining chocolate? Too cliche. A tent and flag pole parade lead by yours truly? No, this was too good an opportunity to do something as simple as that. Each chaotic idea chased the other around figuratively (and literally too as actual thought bubbles that accosted any pony that had wondered over that way). Finally he decided, he would just do all of it at once. Chaos at its finest!

Slowly he drew his powers and began to cast a spell that would encompass all the ideas he had just spent what felt like a couple of hours drawing out. Just before lift off, however, there was a rainbow blur that landed rather loudly in front of him.

“Twilight, I mean Discord, I mean, WHATEVER we are calling you now. I need you to act all official, like, RIGHT NOW!” Rainbow sounded panicky.

“Not now, Rainbow Blast, I am just getting ready to have a bit of FUN!” The spell was almost at its peak.

“I just accidentally traded FLUTTERSHY, and we may never see her again...” Rainbow confessed.

“YOU WHAT!” Discord's spell fizzled out.

Rainbow winced at the look Princess Discord gave her, but felt Twilight would have acted the same way even if she wasn't the one giving Rainbow the glare right now...

A short time later, ponies gathered from all over the Exchange as, for the first time ever, a trade was to be disputed.

Princess Discord sat in the Princesses box seat holding a gavel in his magic. Below him stood Rainbow and her precious book, and facing opposite to her was the mare from the Daring Do stand along with Fluttershy and the Orthrus.

Princess Discord rapped.

“Explain.” Princess Discord sounded surprisingly Twilight-like, which made Rainbow feel even more ashamed.

“I only meant to trade the Orthrus for this first edition copy of Daring Do. I didn't realize that included Fluttershy being took off to stay with the stall owner until it was fully trained. No one should trade a friend for something as material as a book, even if it IS a First Edition. Nothing is as valuable as a good friend...”

Princess Discord intervened.

“NOTHING is as valuable as Best Pegasus Fluttershy. You are correct, Rainbow.” Princess Discord boomed.

“HEY, I thought I was best Pegasus!” Rainbow said rather taken back.

“At least dear Fluttershy did not trade her best friend for a book!” Princess Discord noted.

“I said I was sorry!” Rainbow defended.

The crowd was rather startled at the bickering between the Princess and her friend, but tried to overlook it. The papers were all ears, however.

“HEY, don’t I get a say in this?” shouted the Daring Do stall owner.

“You just did.” retorted Princess Discord ”Besides Fluttershy is Best Pegasus. Best Pegasus is greater in value than ANYTHING, including some dusty old book. Case closed.”

The mare huffed in frustration as Rainbow tossed her book back to her in return for Fluttershy and the Orthrus, bringing the evening to a close as well as the Exchange...

The train ride home was rather quiet, even with Princess Discord on board. It seemed the events of the day had even tired HIM out. Almost seeing his dearest friend traded off by one of her OWN FRIENDS was quite an issue with the draconicus. An issue he had made quite apparent to Rainbow just before they got on the train.

“You have to admit Rainbow, monochrome does fit you well. And the Worst Pony shirt isn't THAT bad...”

“Can it, Applesnack” Shorted the now monochrome Rainbow.

“Hey, he could have done a lot worse” Applejack grinned sheepishly

“Discord DID agree to change you back before we get to Ponyville, Dashie” Fluttershy reminded her.

Princess Discord just glared menacingly in Rainbow's direction.

Fluttershy tried to break the silence.

“I did get this cute little bird call for the Orthrus, though!” She exclaimed before calling a little bird out of nowhere with said instrument.

“Did you ever trade any of those books, Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No. I made the bids too high and everyone left...” She looked somewhat disappointed.

“I kinda think Twilight wanted to keep those books in a way Pinkie.” Fluttershy assured her.

“Maybe so!” Pinkie perked up at the idea.

“That reminds me, Applejack.” Rarity exclaimed ”I got this for you with my part of our trade.” She levitated a pan to Applejack.

“Well that was mighty kind of you, Rares!” It was not the pan she had been after but it was quite thoughtful none the less.

“Actually, I got you something too!” Applejack pulled a small lavender pin out of her hat and handed it to the unicorn ”Just like the rest of the ones you have, so I figured you would like it!'

They both shared a laugh, that eventually caught on with the rest of the group, even Princess Discord and Rainbow Dash.