• Published 21st Apr 2014
  • 21,549 Views, 1,248 Comments

The King of Angels - Wheenesss



What happens when you drop a human into Equestria and give him five random superpowers? Here's a hint: Nothing Good

  • ...
164
 1,248
 21,549

Chapter 3

(3rd Person's POV)

"Okay, so he isn't anywhere in Ponyville..." Twilight Sparkle declared frustratedly, a few hairs out of place in her mane. It had been a few hour's since they had begun their search for Discord's mysterious "friend", but to no avail, and it was now night-time. Spike was sleeping upstairs. She and her friends were in Golden Oaks Library plotting their next course of action.

"So if he isn't here, then where is he?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I DON'T KNOW!"

Twilight threw her hooves up in frustration. They had told everypony in town to look out for anything else weird that was happening today, but still no such luck

"And if he's not here then he could be anywhere else in Equestria, the world! I have no leads to go on! Any books that mention him just called him Discord's sidekick who wasn't really that important!"

"Relax Twi'," Applejack began, resting a hoof on her friend's shoulders. "We'll just tell Princess Celestia, and she'll have the Royal Guard comb the whole country for this guy. Heck, he might even come to us after a while."

"And the title of Most Levelheaded Pony goes to Applejack!" an echoing voice rang out through the room.

Everypony gasped as a floating figure appeared in the middle of the library. It was bipedal and bore a resemblance to a monkey, but, the only fur it had was on the top of it's head, and a beard. It was much taller than them, but still shorter than the draconequus they had faced earlier today, and wearing an odd set of clothes. Plus it had a white pair of wings sprouting from it's back. By the sound of it's voice it was male, and very amused if the tone was any indication.

"Discord's friend I presume?" Rarity asked, regaining her composure first.

"Yes, milady. I am Isaac Donohue, at your service." he did a mock bow afterwards, a smirk on his face.

"What do you want?" Twilight demanded.

"Nothing really, just to give you a message."

"And that is?"

"That I mean you no harm."

"Huh?" all six of them said in confusion.

"What, is everything that comes to this town bad news?"

"How do we know you're not lying like Discord? He said you two were friends after all!" Rainbow Dash said flying up to Isaac's face so she could glare at him eye to eye.

"Because I'm not as crazy as he is." he replied.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"I mean, that I don't want to be imprisoned in stone for another thousand years.

"Forgive me if I find that hard to believe after what we just went through." Rarity deadpanned.

Isaac shrugged. "It's true. Heck I'll even do community service for the next twenty years just to prove it to you." With a snap of his fingers, he was decked out in an orange safety vest, a work bandanna, and holding a trash grabber in hand.

"What kind of community service?" Applejack said, rightfully suspicious.

"Oh you know. Picking up trash, cleaning up graffiti, overthrowing tyrants, curing diseases, solving world hunger. Those kinds of things. Tell Celestia I'll even take care of the Crystal Empire and King Sombra for her!" he said with a cheesy grin.

"Wait a minute, what Crystal Empire? Who's King Sombra?"

Their uninvited guest chuckled. "Silly purple pony. That would be giving you spoilers! Pinkie Pie gasped.

"What the hay are spoilers?!" at that question, Twilight was greeted to the sight of her pink friend jumping in front of her and pulling out a chalkboard from nowhere.

"You don't know what spoilers are?! Then let Professor Pinkie Pie educate you!" On that note, she started writing on the chalkboard with white chalk.

"You see Twilight, spoilers are when you learn something before you're supposed to. Like somepony telling you the ending of a book or movie you haven't finished, or somepony telling you that I'm planning a surprise party! It totally kills the shock aspect, and it makes it less satisfying once you actually do get to that point." Pinkie then put on a angry face, and somehow crushed the chalk in her hoof.

"Carrot Top rued the day she told Derpy I was planning her surprise birthday party. SHE RUED IT!"

"Okay then..." the lavender unicorn said awkwardly.

"AND SHE PINKIE PROMISED TOO!"

Isaac laughed and ruffled Pinkie's mane. "See, that's the reason I think of you as the Smartest Pony in this group."

"Ah thought ah was the Smartest Pony..." Applejack grumbled.

"No, you're the Most Levelheaded Pony. Learn the difference, if you please."

"So is there anything else you wanted to say to us?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, actually. It's that you're lucky I'm trying to be good now. I may not be as powerful as Discord, but you wouldn't be able to even touch me."

"What! Please, I bet I could stomp you in ten seconds flat!" Rainbow said, taking that as an insult.

Isaac simply smiled and folded his arms behind his back.

"Then prove it, Rainbow Crash."

The rainbow-maned pegasus growled at that and charged at him, intending to buck him into next week. To her and everypony else's surprise, she phased right through him as if he wasn't even there!

*CRASH!*

Which led to Dash crashing into a wall.

"Rainbow!" her friends cried, running to her side.

"*PFFF!*L-Lesson one, whenever you see me I might not be actually there!" a snicker "I have a tendency to abuse Astral Projection like its nobody's business!" the intruder said, bursting into laughter at the end of his sentence.

"I thought you said you meant no harm, you liar!" Pinkie replied angrily.

"Technically, she hurt herself you know." Isaac wiped a tear from his eye.

The Mane Six were not amused by this.

"Okay, fine I'm sorry." he looked genuinely disturbed by their pissed off expressions. "Look, would it help if I gave you guys a present?"

"NO!" They roared.

"Well, too bad! You're getting one anyway!"

The strange, winged being took a deep breath, and exhaled a large ball of golden flames at them.

"AAAAAA-!" Their screams were cut off as the flames engulfed them.

Isaac let out maniacal laughter as they burned.

"Oh, I'd better leave a note for them..." he reasoned, and with another snap of his fingers, his community service gear was gone, and a note on the floor.

The sound of tiny feet running down stairs was heard.

"T-Twilight! What happened? I heard a loud bang, screams, and laughter and-" Spike's words were cut off he saw the scene before him.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM?!" he cried.

"Nothing they won't thank me for later. Now if you excuse me, I have to see how my tan is doing..."

With that, he disappeared.


(Isaac's POV)

I yawned as my spirit took its rightful place back inside my body, which was currently in the form of a brown-coated earth pony wearing red swimming trunks. I had been sleeping on a towel, that somehow had sand in it already. The sound of foals playing in the water assaulted my ears, and the smell of salty seawater hit my nose. Ah, I love the beach so much!

Now for those of you reading this, no I didn't kill them. Do I look like a guy who would want Celestia to bring the sun down on his head?

But I'm not going to tell you what I did to them. I'll leave that as a surprise. Let's just say that their lives have been changed forever.

"Well it's time to get to work." I said, ignoring the startled gaps of the ponies nearby as I changed into a seagull and soared away towards the ocean.

Flying is awesome, aint it? The feeling of the wind beneath your wings, I can see way Rainbow Dash loves it so much.

Now the first thing I needed to was find a tyrant to overthrow. Since I'm too impatient to wait for Sombra to return, I'll just have to find someone else.

I closed my eyes as I flew above the ocean, and started to sense the emotions around me, something else I picked up form changelings aside from the ability to shapeshift.

All I needed to go was head for the largest gathering of hatred I could find. Once I got there I would kill whoever was in charge, and take their place. Unless they weren't the cause of the hate that was. Meh, it's a hit and miss process. Luckily I'm immortal, and as long as I stay on the down-low, Celestia and the Mane Six wouldn't be able to find me.

It was only a matter of time.


(Princess Celestia's POV)

I was worried. Twilight hadn't sent word of Discord's defeat yet, even though I could see Ponyville's return to normalcy from the balcony of my castle. Then why was there no letter?

Was it possible that Isaac was holding them up? Discord had mentioned that he was going to free him, and if there was anypony that monster actually gave a buck about it was him.

As I sat on my throne, a cup of tea levitating in my magical grip, I started to worry somewhat. Isaac wasn't like Discord, he wouldn't play with his enemies unless he genuinely thought they weren't any threat to him. Had he killed Twilight and her friends?

If he did, no one will be there to protect him from my wrath! I thought darkly, though my face remained outwardly serene as always.

On that note,a letter appeared in a gout of green fire. I mentally sighed. It seems I had been worry over nothing. They must have defeated him as well.

I unfurled the note and brought the cup of tea to my lips, it was always refreshing to what lessons her student had learned about life and friendship.

Dear Princess Celestia..... Of course.... Emergency... Had I spoken to soon?... Twilight and the others are....

WAIT, WHAT?!

"*PPFFH!*

I did a spit take for the first time in centuries, it was that shocking!

"Guards, prepare a chariot headed for Ponyville!" I ordered.

"Your Majesty, what's wrong?!"

Something I hadn't expected to happen until at least a year from now! And in excess!


(3rd Person's POV, The Morning After, Canterlot Castle)

"Hey guys, she's waking up!"

Twilight Sparkle groaned as she woke up with a pounding headache and a strange feeling in her back. She felt like she just went through a whole night of non-stop studying again.

"Uggh... What happened?" her vision was blurry...

"That Isaac jerk gave us his present!" she heard Rainbow reply grumpily.

"And what a present it was!" Rarity said giddily.

"Yeah! Hey Twilight, does this mean that I can make my parties last forever?"

"W-What did he do?" she wasn't sure she wanted to know anymore.

"Uh, Twi? You might want to see for yourself." Twilight saw the blurry form of Spike hold up a mirror.

As her vision cleared she realized two things. One, she had two extra appendages. Two, her friends had some extra appendages as well.

"WHY THE HAY ARE WE ALL ALICORNS?!" Princess Twilight Sparkle screamed in what would be her first time using the Royal Canterlot Voice.


(Isaac's POV, Same Time, ???)

I heard a faint echo of the newly ascended Twilight Sparkle and laughed in my head, still flying steadily . Now some of you may be wondering why I'd give six of my enemies a power boost like that? Well, it was all part of my community service of course. Yes, I was serious about that. But if I was going to be doing this, I would do it my way.

Plus it would give me time to get far away from Equestria while they were being coronated.

Anyways, I've found a place that's absolutely ripe with lots of hate. So much so that there are probably Windigoes there that I'll have to deal with. Oh well, no one said becoming royalty was easy.

South Pole, here I come~!

Author's Note:

Author's Notes: HOLY SHIT! This got featured already?! I just posted this story yesterday! Thanks for all the love and I'll do my best to make this awesome! Just so you know, I'll be posting on weekends from now on. I only posted the first three so frequently so I could see the reaction. Its been more than I ever expected.