• Published 20th Apr 2014
  • 6,207 Views, 562 Comments

Twilight Sparkle And the Very Confusing Apocalypse - kudzuhaiku



Twilight Sparkle wakes up, and right away, there is something wrong as her checklist can't be checked.

  • ...
36
 562
 6,207

Chapter 7

Remember Celestia’s lessons for effective leadership ✓

“PINKIE PIE! DO NOT MAKE ME CORK YOU!”

Twilight Sparkle’s voice rose about the sounds of chaos. Pinkie Pie continued to squirm, ponies continued to scream, and Frank N. Furter was eating another one of his brothers in full view of the panicking ponies.

Twilight studied her surroundings, trying to figure out her options. Pinkie Pie was too big to simply wink away. Too much mass.

A single droplet of urine fell from Pinkie Pie, the droplet large enough to fill a bathtub.

“TWILIGHT, IT IS SLIPPING!” Pinkie Pie said, nearly crying with pain and frustration. She was looking around now, panicked herself, not wanting to hurt anypony or flood the town.

“I’ve lost him!”

Twilight turned, hearing Rainbow Dash’s voice and nearly yelping. Rainbow sounded frantic, a mother looking for her foal. Twilight suspected Rainbow was actually looking for her draconequus.

Any second now, Rainbow Dash would discover the horrible truth. The horrible, awful, soul ripping truth. Twilight Sparkle felt a twinge of pity.

Twilight did the only thing she could think of. She teleported the seething mass of draconequus spawn out of town and then focused on the next task at hoof, Pinkie Pie.

“Trixie is here Sparkle! What do we do!”

Twilight nearly cried from relief upon hearing Trixie’s voice. She had no idea what to do, but it was still comforting. Twilight reached an awful conclusion.

“RUN EVERYPONY! FLEE THE TOWN!” Twilight’s magical voice reached even the far edges of Ponyville. “PINKIE PIE, TRY TO GIVE US A FEW MINUTES!”

Trixie snatched up her foals, shut the library door, and then she hightailed it out of town, Twilight Sparkle hot on her heels. This was a well practiced move for Trixie, something she had mastered.

Pinkie Pie was gnawing on her lip, her eyes crossed, her ears flapping back and forth. Beneath her, ponies were scrambling to flee the town. Another droplet escaped. Pinkie Pie’s Pinkie Sense was trying to tell her that Ponyville would never be the same.

Pegasi were swooping down now, helping ponies evacuate.

Pinkie Pie began to dribble slightly, causing the earth beneath her to flood. And then, Pinkie Pie had no choice but to let go…

Ponies cringed and waited for the end to come. Screams filled the streets. And Ponyville did not flood.

Pinkie Pie felt an uncomfortable damp sensation all around her backside and her nethers, and, looking backwards, she saw she was wearing what had to be the world’s largest diaper. It was stained yellow, and there were some dribbles and leaks, but it had contained the flood. Pinkie Pie pitied whomever was going to have to change it.

“Still got it!” Discord crowed, pumping his talon fist into the air and dancing around like the mad draconequus that he was. “Sorry Pinkie Pie, but humiliating you was the only way I could make my magic work. I just can’t go around saving Ponyville, my magic won't allow that, but I can humiliate a giant pink pony! Want a pacifier to add to your shame?”


Twilight Sparkle was quite surprised when Ponyville wasn’t flooded. She had been waiting a safe distance away, watching ponies pass, hovering above what she had hoped would be the waterline, and the flood never came. Flying back into town, it was easy to see why.

Pinkie Pie was wearing an enormous diaper. She also had a giant pacifier.

Remember to thank Discord later, just before you kill him for causing this ✓

Twilight Sparkle swooped to where she had teleported the seething mass of draconequus spawn, and she saw nothing, nothing at all. She scanned the area, and still found nothing. The riotous mass of draconequus spawn where gone, the survivor probably roaming the world, looking for siblings to devour.

Twilight wondered how to break this to Rainbow Dash.

There was a roar off in the distance, and the crackle of thunder. A large cloud had formed overhead and it started raining yellow mustard. Twilight shielded herself, protecting her plumage from the condiment precipitation.


Zecora felt a pang of sadness, she knew the draconequus would flee at some point. She loved it, but she had been prepared to let it go. Iron Will on the other hoof, was not prepared, and sat weeping, surrounded by his offspring. Two zebras with horns, and two zebra striped minotaurs. He took turns hugging them, letting them know how precious they were, too distraught to properly catchphrase.

“I am grateful for his time with us… I shall miss our draconequus.” Zecora said, scooping up a foal in her foreleg, and hugging it close.


Soarin’ stood watch over his foals, all four of them, the draconequus now gone. Rainbow Dash had gone after their bratty little draconequus, and even though it was a pain, they loved it as much as they loved their other foals.

“He’s gone.” Tutti Frutti sniffled and looked sad. She was a pure white pegasus with her mother’s rainbow mane and tail, named after her mother’s favourite ice cream flavour.

“He was a brat.” Soarin’ Dash said, a colt foal that took after his father, but had his mother’s hair.

“Still our little brother.” Blue Streak added, he was his mother’s shade of blue and had his father’s blue hair.

“I hope he’s okay.” Rainbow Taffy whispered. She was pink, rainbow haired, shy, and the draconequus had treated her the worst.

Soarin’ wrapped his wings around his foals protectively, pulling them all close, safe above Ponyville inside of Rainbow Dash’s cloud home.


Time Turner had suffered a timely revelation.

“Come on Derpy, pack up, we are leaving. Grab our foals, grab Dinky, grab Sparkler, and let’s go! We need to get out of here!” The Doctor turned and looked at the Tardis. Something inside was beeping and booping frantically. “Come on Derpy, I don’t know what is about to happen, but it is BIG! And we need to get to a safe vantage point to watch. I don’t want to miss this! Something miraculous is going to happen!”

Derpy hustled her four new foals into the blue Tardis, gave Dinky a shove, and smiled at Sparkler as she went through the door.

The Doctor trotted through the door, the door closed, and the Tardis vanished without a trace, making an odd noise as it did so.

The clock shop was now empty.


Over the city of Manehatten, it began to rain socks, all of them left socks, the socks coming from somewhere beyond a secret mirror known only to alicorns and a few ponies. Thunder crackled, the clouds were a delightful shade of plaid, and socks fell by the thousands.

Some were dirty, some were clean, but all of them were definitely left socks.

The city itself was a disaster zone, socks or no socks, entire blocks of buildings had been turned into gingerbread. Bridges had been turned into macaroni sculptures. A skyscraper had been turned into jello, and now wobbled alarmingly, rocking from side to side, to and fro.

A writhing mass of draconequus spawn had battled within the city, breaking down the fragile reality within the general area.

The battle was over, but the city was forever changed. Much of the streets had been turned into peanut brittle.


Canterlot Castle rose above the city of Canterlot, it had once been beautiful, now, it was a bright garish dayglow safety orange, with fluorescent green trim and a hideous pastel paisley print over the various roofs.

The upper class of Canterlot could not look upon their pride and joy without feeling violently ill. The city of Canterlot itself had become an indescribable nightmare of modern art deco mixed with psychedelic neoclassical style, accented by deep pile shag carpeting lining the streets. The city was in ruins, the fashion elite had fled the city, swearing to never return.


Shining Armor and Cadance exchanged a glance. Shining Armor was once again a pretty mare, and Cadance was once again a stallion, the parting gift of their fleeing draconequus offspring, before it had entered life or death combat with its siblings, seeking ultimate power.

The Crystal Empire was being hastily evacuated. All of the massive crystal structures had been turned into sodium deposits, and a massive rain storm was heading for the city. Pegasi worked furiously to try and turn back the rainclouds.

The draconequus responsible for this mess had shouted “Boom flavour baby!” before fleeing the city, having eaten all of its rivals.


Chaos covered the globe.

At home, in Ponyville, a family huddled together, waiting for the end to come as everything spiraled out of control all around them.

Spend as much time with family as possible ✓

Twilight Sparkle was grateful to be back inside the library. It was raining mustard outside. The windows and doors were locked, magically locked, and her family was all inside, safe and secure for the moment with her.

Twilight really wanted to see her friends one last time, but it just wasn’t safe outside. Her horn itched terribly, growing worse by the minute.

Hope seemed fleeting.

There was a lurch and the library tilted from side to side, the earth shaking violently. Twilight Sparkle hoped that Pinkie Pie would be alright and not fall over from the earthquake.

Author's Note:

Take a deep breath!

Remember, nopony dies! They just get really big booboos.

I never promised anything about the draconequus spawns though!