• Published 20th Apr 2014
  • 2,052 Views, 45 Comments

More than just a Feathered Friend - MittenPatty



Gilda has some trouble dealing with her new feelings for Dash. Meanwhile, Twilight learns about the magic of emotion.

  • ...
13
 45
 2,052

Griffon the Brush-off

Author's Note:

NOTE: The name of this chapter is the name of the episode, but I did it in Gilda's perspective. The parts of the story that involve Pinkie are probably taken from the show. All rights to this episode go to Hasbro, Although I did add my own parts to it. I assure you the rest of the story will be original. Enjoy anyway!

Chapter 1

Gilda glided through the air, above the clouds. The wind ruffled her feathers, a sensation she often felt. The griffon loved to fly. It was the best! She would practice tricks in the sky, knowing the other griffons down below were envious of her awesome skills. She usually flew around the Griffon kingdom, doing her job as a mail carrier. Of course, what she really wanted to do was be a performer, doing tricks in front a huge audience. But delivering mail was fine for now. When not on duty, Gilda could just relax, enjoying her Sunday off. Other times she just flew, going nowhere.

But this time, she had a place to be. Visiting, to be exact. As the griffon zoomed through a cloud, she remembered the good times her and Rainbow Dash had in flight camp. They would always compete over who could clear the most clouds, or fly the highest without fainting from the lack of oxygen. Gilda always won when it came to altitude. Griffons lungs are larger than a pony's, so she could hold her breath longer. Chuckling, she remembered the time Dash tried to beat her score and ended up having to stay in the nurses office for the rest of the day.

Gilda didn't know why her friend moved to Ponyville. It was full of lame Unicorns and Earth ponies!

"Flightless losers." She muttered. There were also Pegasi who lived there, but to her they were weak. A real flyer lives is the sky!

Soon the griffon could see the faint outline of cottages. They looked weird, rooted to the ground like that. Gilda swooped lower, scanning the village trying to find her friend. A Pegasus pony whizzed by, throwing the griffon off balance.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" she snapped. The pony paid no attention, and kept on going. Gilda already hated this place. Finally, she found the landing bay. Ponies and griffons from around Equestria coming to Ponyville came here and waited for their ride, not wanting to fly anymore. Gilda found an empty spot and descended down slowly. Her huge wing smacked a mare in the face in the process. The pink pony glared at her, but quickly looked away when she saw Gilda's huge talons. What a wimp.

"Gilda!" a familiar voice called her name. looking behind her the griffon had just enough time to dodge a cyan Pegasus that was about to crash into her.

"Oof!" the rainbow-maned pony ran into a pile of luggage. Gilda snorted in amusement and held out a claw to help her up.

"Well, that was embarrassing," Rainbow Dash said as she was pulled to her hooves. "I hope the Wonderbolts didn't see any of that." the Pegasus smiled at Gilda.

"Dash, long time no see!" the griffon greeted the pony as if the flight here was a piece of cake ( Which it wasn't ).

"I know right?" Rainbow replied. "So, how have you been holding up? "

"Oh, things are fine, I guess," Gilda exclaimed, twirling her claw through her feathers. "How 'bout you?"

"Things are great!" the Pegasus chirped. "I made a lot of new friends I really want you to meet." Gilda's heart sank. NEW friends? What about her? wasn't she a good enough friend? Gilda coughed,

"Oh, really," she said, the excitement drained from her voice. "Great." Rainbow's ears drooped.

"Aw, don't be like that!" she whined. "I'm sure you'll really like them!" with that she grabbed Gilda and dragged her through the crowd, leading her to the exit. After they had pushed through the last elderly relatives, They both spread their wings, preparing for the race that they knew was about to occur.

"Ready?" Dash asked smiling.

"Wipe that smirk off your mug," Gilda retorted. "You're going down!" at that they both zipped from their starting position, speeding through the air. The racers were both neck and neck, each of them desiring the win so badly. Rainbow's house in the sky was nearing. They were flying so fast they arrived there within seconds off take-off! Gilda's wings pounded the air around her as she flew. The speed she was going was unbelievable! She could tell Dash had been training for this race a while. Sweat glistened on her cyan fur, and her eyes shone with confidence as her rainbow mane whipped behind her. The porch of the mansion neared as the racers targeted their mark.

"Poof!" tufts of cloud exploded as they both landed. Coughing, they both flapped their wings to clear the air. when they could see, the debate began.

"Okay, It's pretty obvious who won." Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"I agree," Gilda replied. "I'll take my trophy now." she extended her arm, waiting for her reward to be handed to her.

"Uh, NO WAY!" Dash snorted pushing the claw away. "We'll finish this later. Come on in!" the Pegasus unlocked the door to the house and trotted inside.

"Ahh, home sweet home." she sighed and collapsed on a cloud sofa. The cyan mare patted a spot next to her, gesturing for Gilda to sit down. The griffon dumped her luggage on the ground and flew over. She sat down and folded her wings, which were now tired due to the constant flying.

"Nice place," she said looking around. "Looks like you're remodeling."

"It's a work in progress," Rainbow Dash explained. "Here, I'll show you the guest bedroom." she got up and began walking up the stairs. Gilda groaned and got up. She just sat down! When they finally made it to the door, Dash smiled and pushed it open. Gilda gaped as the room was revealed to her. It was gorgeous, much more than anything she could afford. Rainbow curtains were hung neatly on all windows, and pillars lined the balcony outside. Gilda stepped onto the outdoor platform, and saw she had a magnificent view of the town below. She could see Sweet Apple Acres on the horizon, and couples walking down paths in the park.Turning back inside, she admired the queen sized bed that had been made. she climbed under the covers and was shocked at how soft it was. the comfy clouds made it almost impossible for her not to fall asleep right then and there.

"Heh, heh," Rainbow chuckled. "You like it?"

"Dash, this is awesome!" Gilda replied, stroking the covers. "These are way better than the ones at my cruddy apartment back home." Rainbow Dash laughed.

"I'll go get your stuff." the Pegasus said, leaving Gilda to bathe in the beauty of her room.

After a while, everything had been put away and Gilda began descending down the stairs. She called out to Dash, who was reading a Daring Do novel on the couch.

"Hey, I'm gonna call it a night." the Pegasus looked up.

"What? Already?" she asked looking up at the clock on the wall. It was 8:45 PM.

"Oh." She blushed. "I'm think I'm going to hit the hay too." she got up from the couch and stretched, then let out a yawn. Carrying her book under her wing, the cyan mare trotted up the stairs.

"Good night." the said as she walked past Gilda and into her room. The griffon then returned to hers and slipped into the comfy bed. Slowly, she began to drift into a deep sleep.

That night Gilda dreamt. She was soaring through the sky, at a rather quick pace. What's going on? then she saw Rainbow Dash flying ahead of her. Wait a minute, This is the race! She realized she was reliving the moment in her sleep. But why now? She didn't want to see it again, it already happened. I won anyway. When her dream self pulled up next to Dash, things seemed to slow down. What's happening? She looked around in panic and tried to flap her wings to go faster, but it seemed that time itself had slowed. In her frustration, Gilda managed to get a glimpse of the cyan mare next to her. Stopping her struggle, the griffon stared. Dash looked stunning. Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead, around her beautiful rose-colored eyes that shone with confidence. Her gorgeous rainbow mane flowed behind her. Gilda's eyes moved down. RD's wings flapped with each beat her heart, which seemed to have begun to pump faster. The griffon's eyes lowered down to Rainbow's flank. She snapped her head back. What am I DOING? That's my friend! I can't just start checking her out, she's a GIRL! Ashamed, the griffon hung her head, only to see she was plummeting towards the ground. She screeched and tried to flap her wings, which were no longer there.

Gilda woke up panting. What happened? Why was I dreaming about Dash? The sound of an annoying, high pitch voice interrupted her thoughts. I guess I'll forget about it.

"Rainbow Dash," It squeaked. "RAINBOW DASH!" The griffon slinked down the stairs and out the front door, ready to give whoever decided to wake her a piece of her mind. She peeked over the edge of the cloud to see a pink Earth pony with a really fuzzy mane. She looked like she hadn't brushed it in years! She was also wearing a stupid looking mask, blowing a party horn. Before Gilda could utter a word, another voice was heard above her.

"Oh, hey Pinkie!" Dash was smiling out her window. She flew out from her room to greet her. Gilda figured this was one of Rainbow's lame friends. The others better not be this annoying, or there'll be some issues.

"Gilda, this is Pinkie Pie." Trying to make a good impression to the Pegasus, the griffon glided down from the cloud.

"Hey, what's up." she said dully. She really didn't care about Pinkie at all.

"Pinkie, this Gilda. she's a griffon." RD introduced her. Pinkie cocked her head.

"What's a griffon?" she asked.

"She's half eagle, half lion" Dash replied. Gilda swooped up to them and landed next to the Pegasus, bringing her friend under her arm.

"And ALL awesome!" she boasted. She and Rainbow laughed and preformed their special handshake in front of Pinkie.

"Gilda and I were buddies since we were little," The cyan mare continued, "We met at the Junior Speedsters flight camp" a light bulb seemed to pop above RD's head as her lips parted into a smile.

"Oh, do you remember the chant?" she asked hopefully.Gilda groaned.

"Yeah, they made us recite it every morning." The griffon hoped she didn't have to do what she thought she did. "I'll never get that lame thing out of my head."

"Sooo..." Rainbow leaned closer and lifted her eyebrows. Gilda sighed.

"Only for you, Dash." they spread their wings and took to the sky, then proceeded recite the chant in perfect unison,

Junior Speedsters, are our lives,

Sky high swoops and daring dives,

Junior Speedsters, it's our quest,

To someday be the very best!

The two slowly landed to a very giggly Pinkie Pie. Gilda smoothed her feathers in embarrassment.

"That was awesome!" The party pony said between laughs. "It gave me a great idea for a prank. Gilda, you game?" The griffon smirked. Maybe she wasn't so bad after all. But she was still pretty annoying, and Gilda didn't want to be around her longer than she had to.

"Huh, well I do enjoy a good prank as much as the next griffon, but Dash," she said, elbowing the Pegasus. "You promised me a flying session." With that she took off, leaving her friend to deal with Pinkie.

A couple moments later, Rainbow came up to join her. Gilda an idea.

"Hey, wanna do a trick race?" the griffon suggested. RD looked at her, confused.

"What's that?" she asked. Gilda pointed to a nearby cloud over Ponyville.

"First one to complete the most tricks and get to that cloud first wins" she narrowed her eyes. "You in?" Dash grinned.

"Bring it!"

"GO!" they both completed loops and twirls at the start, focusing on doing as many tricks as possible. Gilda did a flip and launched herself towards the cloud, getting there first. Rainbow came in fast, landing head-first and getting a face full of condensation. Gilda giggled, and soon they were laughing their heads off.

"Whoa, that was sweet," the griffon said, wiping a tear from her eye. "Just like old times."

"Yeah, only faster!" RD giggled. Suddenly, a familiar pink head popped up in-between them.

"Hi, there!" Pinkie said before she fell back to Earth. The two flyers looked at each other.

"Huh?" the party pony's head penetrated the cloud again.

"Its later!" she said and disappeared once more. Her face came up again. "And I caught up!" Rainbow laughed.

"Pinkie Pie, You are so random!" Gilda growled. She followed us? I thought we left her behind!

"Hey Dash, you got enough gas left to beat me to that cloud?" She challenged.

"Another race? You're on!"

"1,2,3, GO!" They both sped away, leaving Pinkie behind.

"No, wait!" she cried. The flying friends burst through the cloud.

"I win!" Dash celebrated.

"As, IF! I won dude!" Gilda retorted.

"Oh, come on!" they argued until a pink party pony tied to balloons drifted up next to them.

"Wow, guys, that was really cool!" she interrupted. "But I think Rainbow Dash won by just a teeny-weeny bit."

"HA! See?" RD boasted. "Good thing Pinkie Pie was here to keep you honest, Gene" Gilda shook with anger. She hated being called by her middle name. Why won't that pink twit leave us alone?!

"Okay, Dash," Gilda had enough. "last one to that cloud is a gnarly dragon egg! GO!" The Pegasus took off, not knowing Gilda had stayed behind. The griffon glared at Pinkie.

"I think my altitude is making you dizzy." she snarled, and proceeded to pop the pink pony's balloons with her talon.

"Wait, Guys!" she called as she slowly lowered to the ground. Gilda flew up to where her friend was sitting and waiting. The griffon sat down next to her, only to arch her back at he sound the pony she now despised.

"Wow, you guys almost got away from me that time!" the party pony was sitting on a candy-colored machine. It was a petal-powered helicopter, and she was obviously determined to keep up with them due to how fast she was going. Gilda nearly lost it. Something had to be done about her, and the griffon knew just what to do. She turned to the cyan mare sitting next to her.

"So Dash, got any NEW moves in your trick-tionary," she teased, "Or are you 100% old-school?"

"New moves?" She replied, "Ha! Sit back, Gene. This is gonna take a while." the Pegasus flew off, leaving the party pony and Gilda alone. The griffon turned to her.

"Hey Pinkie." she cooed."C'mere" the Earth pony pedaled closer.

"Yeah?" Gilda grabbed the helicopter.

"Don't you know how to take, GET LOST for an answer?" she hissed. "Dash doesn't need to hang out with a dweeb like you now that I'M around. You're dorking up the sky, Stinky Pie. So make like a bee, and BUZZ OFF!" the griffon grabbed onto the propellers, causing the bewildered pink pony to spiral out of control. As she fell, Pinkie let out a terrified squeal. Gilda watched smugly from a cloud, proud of her work.

"Try and top THAT!" Dash bragged as she sat down. "Hey, where's Pinkie pie and her crazy contraption?" the griffon smiled.

"Eh, she left." Gilda shrugged. " Something about being as busy as a bee."

"Oh, alright," RD looked kind of disappointed.

"Hey," the griffon wrapped her wing around her friend. "How 'bout another trick race?" Dash looked up and smiled.

"GO!" she yelled and took off.

"AY!" Gilda flew after her. Since Rainbow hadn't set a finish line, the two just had fun in the sky. Throwing balls of mist at each other, and chasing one another with stormy clouds. It was a blast! Suddenly, Dash remembered she had a job to do. Sighing, the Pegasus flew over to her friend, who was making mist balls.

"Hey, I gotta go take care a few weather problems around here." She explained. "You can just hang out in town! I'll find you." They both landed on a path entering the village.

"That's cool I guess, I'm gonna go chow down!" Gilda exclaimed.

"Later!" Dash flew off. The griffon frowned and looked around. Now that RD was gone, everything seemed so boring. There was nothing to do! Her stomach growled. Oh, yeah, I'm hungry. Gilda searched the street for a food stand. She saw a Pegasus selling vegetables on a cart. An old Earth pony was examining some corn. The griffon had an idea. Sneaking past the cashier, she slipped her tail through the veggies and shook it.

"AAIIII!!!" Granny Smith shrieked. "A RATTLER! A RATTLER!" Gilda crawled out from underneath the stand snickering. Her stomach growled again, cutting the joke short. The griffon tested a tomato.

"This stuff isn't ripe." She grumbled and turned to leave.

Soon Gilda came across another food stand. she approached it, but realized she didn't bring any bits. Checking her surroundings, he griffon made sure no one was watching as she grabbed an apple with her tail. She popped it into her mouth quickly. Her hunger had been brought down a bit, but Gilda still searched among the pony's for another source of food. Suddenly, a pink tail was shoved in her face.

"Hey!" she growled as the mare turned. "I'm walking here!" the griffon noticed the pony was a Pegasus. One of the weak ones that lived on the ground. This made her more angry.

"Oh, um , I'm sorry," the yellow mare apologized, "I was just-"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Gilda mocked, "Why don't you watch where you're going, idiot!"

"B-but, but, b-but" the Pegasus stammered. Gilda was outraged. she closed her eyes and took a large inhale.

"RROOOOOOAAAAAAARRR!" the noise shook walls and carts. by the time the griffon lifted her eyelids, the pink-maned pony was crying, and galloping towards the edge of town. Wow, she was wimpier than I thought. Everyone is this town are probably the same.

"Ugh, all of these lame ponies are making me buggy," Gilda groaned. "I gotta bail." she spread her wings and flew away from the town.

She soon arrived and Rainbow's house and tugged on the front door. It was locked. Good thing her friend had give her a spare key, just in case. Stepping inside, the griffon bolted to the kitchen and opened the fridge. There was a daisy salad, a half gallon of milk, and a sandwich from Hay Burger. Dash really needs to go grocery shopping. Gilda sighed and pulled out the burger. It was the closest thing to meat in there. As she chewed on her snack, the griffon padded into the living room. looking up at the mantle, she saw pictures of RD and her friends. One was of them all drinking smoothies together. Another was of Pinkie and Dash sledding. The last looked like a family photo, everyone smiling at the camera. Gilda's tail drooped as she realized there was no photo of her. She still had RD's picture in her apartment! Suddenly the door swung open and Rainbow Dash jumped inside.

"Thank goodness!" the Pegasus let out a sigh of relief. "You're still here." Gilda looked at her.

"Of course I am! Why would I leave my best bud?" she asked, hurt in a way.

"I just thought, after what happened in town..." Dash murmured shuffling her hooves. the griffon turned her back to the cyan mare.

"Oh, you heard about that." she grumbled.

"Yeah, Pinkie Pie told me" Gilda's fur stood on end after hearing her friend say that. I didn't know that twat was there! RD took the griffon's silence as a sign to continue.

"Y'know, Pinkie's actually throwing a party for you." she said trying to brighten the mood. That got Gilda's attention.

"I think it's about to start," the Pegasus gestured towards the door. "Wanna come?" A party all for me? Well, that's surprising. I thought the blubbering idiot would hate me right about now. As well as everyone else in town.

"I think I'll stay here for a bit," the griffon replied as she eased herself onto the couch. "I gotta be fashionably late, y'know."

"Yeah." RD sounded really upset as she walked out the door. Gilda watched her go, and was about to say something, but looked away as her friend shut the door, leaving the griffon alone in the dark.

Tired, Gilda curled up one couch. she closed her eyes and thought of how good things were back she was little. Her parents were together, they had a good house, she had Dash as the best friend ever. So, what happened? After her parents divorced and Rainbow moved to Cloudsdale, she wasn't happy. Her mom and dad fighting all the time and being in a bad mood must've rubbed off on her. But she could change that. With these thoughts floating through her head, the sleepy griffon drifted into sleep.

Gilda woke, rubbed her eyes and yawned. Getting up from the couch, she looked up at the clock. 15 minutes had passed. Recovering from the short nap, she staggered towards the door. She could still make it to her party in time. When the griffon opened the door, a wave of sunlight flooded the dark room.

"Gah!" she stumbled backwards, blind. Blinking, she managed to regain her vision and get outside. Gilda took off in the direction of town, looking for a cake-shaped building. Dash told her it looked kinda like a ginger-bread house. She scanned the roof-tops, looking for frosting. There! Gilda swooped down and landed in front of the door. She took a deep breath, and went inside.

"Gilda!" Pinkie Pie bounded up to her in a cheerful mood. "I'm so honored to throw you one my signature Pinkie Pie parties! And I really, truly, sincerely hope you feel welcome here among us ponyfolk!" The pink mare held out her hoof for her to grab. The griffon narrowed her eyes and slowly took the hoof-shake. Bad idea. Electricity surged through her body as Gilda crumpled to the floor. Above her Pinkie was laughing while she revealed her hoof, which had a buzzer on it. The griffon got to her feet growling and flexing her claws. It's not funny, that hurt! Just then, Rainbow Dash walked into the room laughing as well.

"Oh, Pinkie Pie! The old hoof-shake buzzer!" she giggled. "You are a scream!" Gilda still managed to rustle up a compliment, trying not to lose it.

"Ha, ha, yeah, good one Pinkie Pie." RD began trotting towards some other ponies talking in a group.

"Come on Gene, I want you meet some of my other friends." she beckoned to Gilda.

"Right behind you Dash!" the griffon called back. When Rainbow was gone, Gilda turned to Pinkie.

"I know what you're up to," she snarled. The party pony smiled.

"Great!" she chirped. Gilda shook her head.

"I know what you're planning!" she barked. Pinkie giggled at her.

"I sure hope so! This wasn't supposed to be a SUPRISE party!" the griffon stared at her. How stupid was this girl?

"I mean, I got my eye on you." she tried to explain as Pinkie leaned in closer.

"And I, got my eye on you!" the pink mare backed up and called out to the ponies in the room.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet Gilda!" she pointed to the griffon, who was now glaring at Pinkie. "She is a long-time, dear friend of Rainbow Dash, so lets honor her, and welcome her Ponyville!" Gilda was about to protest, when the Ponies began cheering her name and stomping their hooves. Embarrassed, the griffon smiled sheepishly and waved as Dash trotted up smiling, and put her arm around her.

"Please, help yourself." Pinkie interrupted the commotion, directing the attention to a sweets cart. Gilda walked over, and saw one of her favorite snacks.

"Vanilla lemon drops!" she exclaimed, picking one out of the bowl. "Don't mind if I do." she popped it into her mouth. As soon as the candy touched her tongue, it seemed her whole mouth was on fire.

"HOT!" she shrieked.

"Gene! The punch!" RD pointed to a table, but Gilda as already speeding towards it. She grabbed a cup tilted her head back, waiting for sweet relief. But it didn't come. Everyone was now cracking up, seeing how the glass had holes in it.

"Well, what do ya know?" Pinkie giggled. "Pepper in the vanilla lemon drops, and punch served in a dribble glass!" Rainbow was in tears.

"Priceless!" she laughed. "PRICELESS!" The griffon raced across the room to a nearby punch bowl, and drank up. Panting, she calmed down as the burning sensation began to fade.

"Yeah, hilarious." she grumbled.

"Hey Gene, presents!" Dash called. Gilda spun around. Really? For me? The griffon hadn't had one of those in years. She sped over to the huge pile of gifts and grabbed the nearest one. It was a can. She tugged on the ribbon, struggling to get it open.

"BOOM!" The top exploded and little rubber snakes popped out a her. The sudden noise caused her fur and feathers to poof up like a kitten. Everyone burst out laughing as the embarrassed griffon tried to redeem herself.

"Ha, ha," she looked at Pinkie. "I bet I know who THAT was." the pink pony blinked her eyes innocently.

"You do?" she chirped.

After a while, the pranks had died down and Gilda was chilling by the sweet table. She made sure not to eat the vanilla lemon drops.

"Cake time, everypony!" Pinkie Pie rolled out a huge cake that everyone was starting to crowd around. As Gilda pushed through the mob of ponies, she heard somebody say,

"Ooh, can I blow out the candles?" the griffon struggled even more to get to the desert. No one's going to blow out MY candles! Luckily, a purple unicorn standing next to the dragon told him no.

"Spike, how about we let Gilda blow out the candles," she suggested, ""She is the guest of honor after all." when the griffon finally made it to the middle, she rammed into the baby dragon, knocking him over.

"Exactly." she growled. The griffon took a deep breath, and blew. The tiny flames burned out and Gilda stood smiling at the crowd. But the ponies weren't cheering and smiling back, they were laughing again and pointing at the cake.

"Huh?" Gilda looked at her treat and gasped. The candles were relit! Quickly she tried again, only to see the flames burst back to life. As the griffon tried again and again, the laughter got louder. Soon she couldn't take it any more and fell to the floor, sucking in air. Above her spike was laughing his head off.

"Relighting birthday candles!" he giggled. "I love that joke!" Gilda got to feet and saw Pinkie Pie giggling too.

"Now I wonder who did THAT?" she squeaked. The griffon scowled.

"Yeah, I wonder." Suddenly she heard munching coming from the cake. A little dragon head burst from the top.

"This cake is amazing!" he said shoving hand-fulls into his mouth. The purple unicorn glared at him.

"Spike!" she scolded. The dragon shrugged.

"What, it's good! Try some!" Gilda was not amused. This was her first party in 12 years and now it was getting ruined! The snacks, her presents, and even her cake were soiled by stupid pranks. She just wanted to have a good time for once! Dash walked up behind her.

"Hey Gene, you're not mad about some stupid candles, are you?" she asked. Gilda rustled up a smile.

"No way, Dash," she faked. "I'm down with a good prank" the Pegasus smiled.

"Great! Let's have some cake." RD trotted away, and the griffon slinked over to where Pinkie Pie was eating. She grabbed the pink pony's neck and pulled her behind the cake.

"I'm watching you, like a hawk." She hissed. Pinkie smiled.

"Why? Can't you watch me like a griffon?" she giggled. Gilda felt like ripping the mare in half. A commotion in the front of the room stopped her from doing so. She dropped the pink horse and walked over.

"Ooh, my favorite game!" a white unicorn squealed. "Can I go first? I do have the purple tail!" As she was bending over to pick up the faux tail, Gilda dashed in and grabbed it before her.

"Well I'M the guest of honor, and I'LL have the purple tail." she snapped.

"Yeah, Gilda should definitely go first!" Pinkie bounded over with Spike. "Lets get you blindfolded." The purple dragon approached her and tied a bandana around her head.

"Hey, what are you-" Gilda felt some one grab her and push.

"We're spinning you round and around and then you can pin the tail on the pony!" She heard Pinkie say. The griffon thought she was going to throw up until she came to a stop.

"Now just walk straight ahead and pin the tail!" the party pony lead her forward. Gilda figured this was another prank, like she would step on a whoopee cushion or something.

"Now just walk straight ahead and pin the tail!" The griffon mocked as she turned around. "Yeah, right. This is just another prank isn't it. I'm going this way." she pushed past Pinkie and began walking, knowing the real game was somewhere else.

"No, wait!" the party pony said with urgency in her voice. "The poster is this way!" no sooner had she said that, when Gilda felt her self slip. She screeched as the stray frosting led her crashing into the kitchen blinded. The griffon ripped off the blindfold and stormed outside, only to be met by howls of laughter and Pinkie giggling,

"Um, Gilda? You pinned the tail on the wrong end." The griffon couldn't take it anymore. The amount of rage and hate for Pinkie couldn't be contained as she reared up and roared.

"GRROOOOOAAAAARRR!!!" her bellowing screech made everyone stare in fear as the griffon began to hover.

"THIS is your idea of a good time?!" she spat. "I've never met a lamer bunch of dweebs in all my life!" she scanned the room, looking for a fuzzy pink mane.

"And Pinkie Pie, YOU!" she pointed an accusing claw in the pink pony's face. "Your queen LAME-O with your weak little party pranks! Did you REALLY think you could make me lose my cool?" Getting back on the ground she waltzed over to RD, who was surprised of how her friend was acting. The griffon put her arm around the Pegasus.

"Well, Dash and I have TEN TIMES as much cool as the rest of you put together!" Gilda headed for the door.

"Come on, Dash, we're bailing from this pathetic scene." When she noticed her friend wasn't following, she turned around. "Come on, Rainbow Dash, I said we're leaving!" the griffon growled. RD closed her eyes and sighed.

"Y'know Gilda?" She said opening them with a frown. "I'M the one who set up all those weak pranks at this party." Gilda was shocked.

"W-what!?" She stammered. Rainbow stepped in front of Pinkie, who's mouth had formed an O.

"So I guess I"M queen lame-o." The Pegasus narrowed her eyes. Gilda took a step back.

"C'mon, Dash," The griffon said nervously. "You're joshing me." the Pegasus walked towards her, more sincere.

"They weren't all meant for you, specifically," she explained. "It was just dumb luck that you set them all off." Pinkie smiled.

"I should've known!" She said, placing a hoof on her forehead. "That dribble cup had Rainbow Dash written all over it." Gilda couldn't believe it.

"No way," the griffon stammered, "I-It was Pinkie Pie! she set up this party to trip me up, make a fool of me." The party pony looked hurt.

"Me? I threw this party to improve your attitude!" she cried. "I thought a good party would turn that frown upside-down!" Rainbow Dash spoke up.

"And you sure didn't need help making a fool of yourself," She snapped. "This isn't how I thought my old friends would treat my new friends." Gilda was hurt. I thought she was supposed to be Loyal! Supportive, even! Rainbow Dash continued her speech.

"If being cool is all you care about, maybe you should go find some cool friends somewhere else." Gilda's mind was reeling. Was her only friend about to dump her?

"Yeah?" She growled. What am I doing!? Reason with her! "Well, you're such a- a, flip-flop! Cool one minute and lame the next." Gilda could tell she was insulting her. Rainbow's ears drooped even more with each harmful word she said. Why am I bullying her? Apologize! But the griffon didn't. Her parent's stubbornness stuck to her, molding the child into the grump she was.

"When you decide to be cool again, gimme a call." she threw one last attack at the Pegasus, before storming out the entry and slamming the door with a flick of her tail.

Once outside, Gilda sat on the hard dirt. She looked back at the sweet shop one last time, before spreading her wings and flying as far away from the town as she could. As the griffon soared past her former friends house, fresh tears began to form in her eyes, for she knew they would never speak to each other again.