• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Zyurangers - Dat Dash



A crossover between MLP and Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. I own nothing. MLP belongs to Hasbro, and Super Sentai belongs to Toei Co., Ltd.

  • ...
 4
 1,301

Part 1

Five warriors from prehistoric times reawaken in the present day.

Kyoryu Sentai! Zyuranger!

(cue Zyuranger theme)

Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Densetsu no senshi tachi yo!
Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Toki wo kakeru kibou!
Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger!

Ashioto ga kikoenai ka?
Haruka na daichi wo fumishimete
Itsutsu no kiba ga yattekuru
Misetekure, mirai e no fantajii!

Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Eien no senshi-tachi yo!
Zyuranger! Zyuranger!
Itsumo kimi no soba ni!
Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger!

(Zyuranger theme ends)


Mei was getting ready for bed. She had nothing else to do, even though she was a legendary warrior called a Zyuranger. Zyurangers were a group of warriors from prehistoric times. Their main goal: to defend the Earth from the evil Bandora, a witch who killed the dinosaurs as revenge for killing her son Kai. But now that Bandora was defeated, life for the Zyurangers had become very dull.

Suddenly, Mei heard a strange noise outside. Apparently, she wasn't the only one who heard it, because her friend Geki, who was also a Zyuranger, was at her door.

"Did you hear that?" he asked.

"Yeah," said Mei.

"We heard it, too," said Boi, another friend of Mei's who was also a Zyuranger. Behind him were Mei's other two friends and fellow Zyurangers, Goushi and Dan.

"What should we do?" asked Goushi.

"I say we investigate," suggested Dan.

"I agree," said Geki, "Let's check it out."

"OK!" said the rest of the Zyurangers, and they followed Geki outside.

What they found was beyond their wildest imagination. Six pastel-colored horse-like creatures were lying on the ground, unconcious. One of them was lavender, another was pink, another cyan, yet another was orange, a fifth was yellow, and the last one white. The lavender and white creatures had horns, while the cyan and yellow creatures had wings. All of them had symbols on their flanks. Suddenly, the lavender creature's eyes opened.

"W... where am I?" it asked, in a female voice.

"You're in Japan," replied Geki. "Tokyo, to be exact."

"Japan..." she said, "I've never heard of that part of Equestria."

"Where's that?" asked the Zyurangers, confused.

The lavender creature was taken aback. "Well, that explains a lot," she said. Then she walked over to her friends. "Wake up, girls. We've entered another universe."

One by one, they awoke.

"What in the hay's going on?" demanded the orange creature.

"We aren't in Equestria anymore," replied the white creature, "that much is certain."

"Um," said the yellow creature, "I'm not feeling too great."

"Ooh, I've never been here before!" said the pink creature.

"Hey, what are those things?" asked the cyan creature, who had noticed the Zyurangers. "If they're the ones that brought us here, they're goin' down!"

"Rainbow Dash, no!" pleaded the lavender creature, but it was too late. The creature called Rainbow Dash was already charging toward the Zyurangers, who had pulled out their Dino Bucklers, devices that transform them into color-coded costumed superheroes.

"DINO BUCKLER!" they shouted in unison.

Rainbow Dash was knocked back by an unknown force. When she looked up, she saw five people clad in red, yellow, blue, black, and pink suits.

"TyrannoRanger! Geki!" said the red-suited figure.

"MammothRanger! Goushi!" said the black-suited figure.

"TriceraRanger! Dan!" said the blue-suited figure.

"TigerRanger! Boi!" said the yellow-suited figure.

"PteraRanger! Mei!" said the pink-suited figure.

"Kyoryu Sentai!" said Geki.

"ZYURANGER!" said the five in unison. An explosion detonated behind them.

"Don't hurt her!" said the lavender creature, as her horn glowed and the Zyurangers were knocked back.

"You'll have to excuse my friend," she said, "she's quick to judge."

"That's alright. We understand," said Geki, no longer clad in his colored suit, nor were the other Zyurangers. "So what are your names?"

"My name is Twilight Sparkle," said the lavender creature.

"Ah'm Applejack," said the orange creature.

"I am Rarity," said the white creature.

"I'm Pinkie Pie!" said the pink creature.

"Rainbow Dash's the name, speed's my game!" said Rainbow Dash.

The yellow creature hesitated for a moment, before saying, "I'm Fluttershy."

"Pleasure to meet you all. I'm Geki."

"I'm Goushi."

"Name's Dan."

"You can call me Boi."

"And I'm Mei."

They shook hands, that is to say, the Zyurangers held their new acquaintances' hooves, and moved them in a manner similar to a handshake.

"I gotta say," said Rainbow Dash, "that transformation thing was awesome!"

"I agree," said Twilight. "Where'd you get those... um... what were they called again?"

"Dino Bucklers," said Geki. "And as for how we got them..."

And he told them about their existence in prehistoric times, defeat of the witch Bandora, placement into suspended animation and reawakening, and second defeat of Bandora.

"And there you have it," concluded Geki, "the story of the Zyurangers."

Twilight then told the Zyurangers about how she and her friends defeated Nightmare Moon.

"So, we both saved our own respective worlds?" said Boi, in shock and awe. "That's incredible!"

"Not to mention awesome!" said Rainbow Dash.

Suddenly, a bright light flashed behind them. It faded away to reveal a man dressed in green.

"Guess who?" he said with a smile.

"Brother..." said Geki, stunned.

"Burai!" cried the other Zyurangers in joy.

"I see that our guests have arrived," said Burai, noticing the ponies.

"Ah, yes," said Geki, "Girls, this is my... dead brother, Burai."

And the girls introduced themselves to him.

"I am glad you could arrive," Burai said, "I have brought you here for a simple--"

Rainbow Dash cut him off. "Wait a minute, YOU brought us here!? Prepare for a world of pain, mister!" And she came charging towards him.

But she just passed right through Burai.

"He's dead, remember?" chuckled Boi.

"And for that reason, Rainbow Dash, you are lucky," said Burai, "as while alive I was more than a match for my fellow Zyurangers."

"Fine, then," said Rainbow Dash.

"So, why are we here?" asked Rarity. "I absolutely must know!"

"The being you call Discord, he has entered this dimension, and intends to wreak havoc upon our world. Due to your experience with this being, you six have been chosen to assist the Zyurangers in defeating him."

The girls were shocked at this revelation, but shook it off. Twilight said to Geki, "In that case, it's time to find Discord!"

"OK!" said the Zyurangers, and they ran off towards the city center.

Author's Note:

Well, that's the first part of My Little Zyurangers. Hope you enjoyed it. Questions and comments are appreciated.

Comments ( 4 )

I like Super Sentai, and I like MLP, so I gave this a shot. Sadly, I can't get behind it. Not for lack of quality, but more because characters who've only spoken in Japanese are practically impossible to write in English without sounding weird. I've seen it before with a Kamen Rider OOO/MLP crossover fic.

This is pretty good. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I freaking love it! Everything so far seems to be within the canon of the show. Such as Burai's death, the defeating of Bandora. This apparently takes place before Dairanger? Possibly If it does then I hope they make a small appearance like in all of the VS movies.

16 Bang! ZYURANGER!!!

Login or register to comment