• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 4,286 Views, 90 Comments

A Full Royal Petition - aduck



A young unicorn arrives to make a request of the three reigning princesses.

  • ...
4
 90
 4,286

Princess Luna's Vacation

Princess Luna’s Vacation

It had been a long time since Luna had truly taken a day to be with the common people. The last time had been the rather embarrassing, if later enjoyable Nightmare Night in Ponyville. Really, that was the only time she had gone out among the public. Before then had been the Old Times, when she and Celestia had been aloof from the public, as proper rulers should. As a result, she hadn’t heard much about entertainment these days. So when Sunny Joy’s sister, Bubbling Laughter has suggested to Luna that they go to a…waterpark…with some of Bubbling Laughter's friends, Princess Luna had been dubious. What the hay was a waterpark anyways?

“THIS IS THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD IN A CENTURY!” As it turned out, it was a blast. Her body was soaked, she was slightly dizzy, and it was great. The giant inflatable she was on with Bubbling Laughter and one of her friends spun round and round as it slid up and down the giant funnel. Screams of joy echoed in the enclosed area.

With a final crash, the yellow inflatable landed in the pool below, spraying water in the air. Glorious! “Princess Luna, it is time to get off.” There was a pair of small splashes, followed by a larger one as the three ponies disembarked from their inflatable. They waded to the edge of the pool and stepped out. A quick shake flung most of the water out of their fur.

Squeals and cries of laughter echoed behind the trio, as a group of four fillies were flung out of the funnel. “Told you that my friends and I were right.”

“Indeed. I apologize for my previous doubt.”

“Come on, there are plenty of other rides to show you!”


Princess Luna was slightly nervous. “You are planning something devious. I know it.”

“What us? Why would you think that?”

“A word of advice, batting your eyelashes like that makes you look even guiltier.” Still, there was no way she was going to back down from this challenge. “I shall do as you ask.” She then proceeded alone up the stairs. At least the line moved fast.

It was high up, there was no doubt about that. She couldn’t see exactly where it went, but this slide was a long, enclosed tube. “Challenge accepted.”

At the life guard’s command, who wasn’t nearly as surprised at her presence as he should have been, she shoved off and down.

The tunnel was nearly pitch black, with only the glow of small stars embedded in the tunnel giving off light. She was tossed and turned, with waterfalls occasionally dumping water on her. With little warning there was a surprise around each corner. Luna shrieked with delight as she sped downwards.

Still, she was getting more and more nervous. There was obviously something further along, something that those fillies were trying to prank her with. What could-OH FAUST THAT WAS A BIG MOUTH WITH SHARP TEETH THAT SHE WAS ABOUT TO ENTER!

She gathered her magic in preparation to save herself…and then noticed that the mouth was gone, and she was flowing through some sort of tank, with sharks swimming lazily by. Before she could fully comprehend what had happened, the Princess Luna was spat out of the tunnel into a small pool.

In front of her were six fillies, laughing at her confusion. “That…that was a good prank. Well done.”

“It’s not quite done yet. Let’s see how they turned out.” Luna blinked, and looked around. They were in some sort of shop. She stepped out the pool, following the fillies to the counter. They were all looking at some sort of screen…Luna was mortified.

There on the screen was a picture of herself. Eyes were bulged in fear, mouth wide and tongue out, wings extended and hooves raised as if to brace herself. It was clearly just before she had entered the mouth.

“Wow, the illusion got you good, Princess!” Bubbly Laughter turned to the mare behind the counter. “How much for six of that in large?”

“Eighteen bits dear.” The silver unicorn hoofed over the bits, and six large pictures of Luna were spread among the fillies.

“One for me as well, as a reminder to never underestimate young ones.”


The tour of the aquarium had been interesting. Luna especially enjoyed the parts where she could crawl to the inside of the tank through a tunnel, and observe the fish from every angle.

The simulated surfing had been interesting for a time. The wave pool, not so much. She wasn’t much of a swimmer, and neither were the fillies.

This though, this was glorious. “FORWARD! FOR THE LUNAR REPUBLIC!” A blast of water from her back mounted water gun punctuated her cry, as the six fillies rallied around her. Water balloons exploded around the group as they pressed forward in the sandy battlefield. In the stands above parents cheered for their children.

It was the thrill of war without the danger. Shrieks of joy, courageous charges into enemy lines, what more could a princess want?

“Ambush!” From behind! They were coming from behind!

“For Princess Twilight!” Oh no, now they were facing both enemy groups! They were being double teamed!

“They have us surrounded, the poor fools!”

The battle lasted ten full minutes, with the Lunar Republic weathering the combined assaults of the Celestial Kingdom and the Twilight Federation. All too soon, the fun came to an end.

“I do decree, that was a well fought battle. Now, it is time to eat.”

“Yay!” The group charged forward to the dining zone. Soon they were surrounded by shakes, hay fries, and veggie burgers.

It was simple food, and it really couldn’t compete to the food served at the palace. Still, Luna was hungry, and she did enjoy it. “This has been a glorious day!” The food had disappeared from the table.

“I am glad my park was able to provide such entertainment to you, your majesty.” The voice was soft, yet strong. Luna turned to see a very old earth stallion, one that was familiar.

“Sir Pipsqueak, is that you?”

“Yes, your majesty.”

“You look good since we have last seen you. It is nice to see that you are still in shape since your retirement from the navy. My friends, this is Captain Pipsqueak, a good friend of mine, and a former Captain in the Royal Navy.” The fillies gasped and awed appropriately.

“My thanks for your kind words. I trust you enjoyed everything?” Words of confirmation echoed around him.

Looking up, Luna saw the sun on the horizon. It dipped, and dropped below. Her horn lit up, and the moon rose into the sky.

“Come young ones. It is late, and time for you to go home.” There were of course complaints, but the fillies still complied.

“Sir Pipsqueak, it was good to see you again. I…I haven’t visited you often enough these past years. I am going to change that. Expect a visit soon.”

Pipsqueak smiled. “I look forward to it, your majesty. Perhaps in a week? My granddaughter is to be married in two days, I would love to talk to you about the wedding.”

Luna nodded. “Until then, old friend.”

Author's Note:

Luna at a waterpark. Awesome.

The water slide going through a shark tank is based of the one in Atlantis. The first water slide is based off the funnel in six flags. The aquarium is based of the one I visited in Mystic Seaport. It had this awesome tank. The tank itself was raised, with a tunnel underneath. You would crawl through the tunnel, and then stand up in the center of the tank. The one in Canterlot is a lot bigger, and more accommodating to ponies.

The water fight is based off laser tag, only with squirt guns and water balloons. No flying or magic allowed. Just pure fun. Seriously, I would love it if a park would do something like this.