• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 4,284 Views, 90 Comments

A Full Royal Petition - aduck



A young unicorn arrives to make a request of the three reigning princesses.

  • ...
4
 90
 4,284

Princess Twilight's Vacation

Author's Note:

Look what you made me do GordonFreebrony. This is your fault.

The other two princesses will also get their own screen time.

Princess Twilight’s Vacation

Sweetie Belle rocked slowly back and forth in a wooden chair. It was a simple chair, it’s only really defining feature a carved apple, with the initials AB. It was also one of her prized possessions, and was actually over fifty years old.

She was basking in the sun in large yard that was a part of Calm Meadows. Canterlot, with its gleaming spires, surrounded the yard. The trees kept the noise and bustle of the city out, but the area was clearly within the city. Above was the castle of the Royal Sisters.

She was knitting a red scarf. It was a simple design, one her sister had taught her when she was young. She never had her sister’s talent, but she could still do basic knitting with the best of them. It was almost finished, and she was sure Sunny Joy would enjoy it.

A loud commotion caused Sweetie to turn her head. She smiled, realizing it was probably Sunny Joy and her many friends that were making all the noise that was swiftly coming towards the elderly mare. It really was a smart idea on Spike’s part to put the retirement home next to the daycare, as well as the large playground. It gave her and the other older mares and stallions an audience who hung on their tales.

Yes, yes it was Sunny Joy and her many friends. The innocent filly had such a carefree air about her, and you always ended up enjoying her company. Of all the young foals that came to hear her tales, Sunny was her favorite. Not that she would tell her that, it would be unfair to the others.

Wait…was that Twilight Sparkle with them? Yes, yes it was. The last time she had seen that mare had to be…oh, at least six months ago, during her birthday celebration.

There was a twinkle in Princess Twilight's eyes that belied the oddly stiff and formal posture off the princess. “Miss Sweetie Belle, resident of Calm Meadows, do you know why I am here?” That voice…oh, so that was how this was going to go. Well, she could play along.

“N-no. Should I?” Her lips trembled slightly.

“Yes, indeed you should. I have heard that you are telling inappropriate tales about me to these young foals! Isn’t that right, young ones?”

A chorus of “yes” and “that’s right” and other such affirmatives rang around.

“T-they must b-b-be mistaken! I w-would never s-say anything b-b-bad about y-you, Princess Twilight.” Eyes darted about, as though looking for an escape. The chair rocked back and forth more vigorously.

“So you deny the charges! You deny telling stories about me?”

“I-“

“You deny telling about the Smarty Pants Incident!”

“I-I confess!” Her head was now bowed low. “I did indeed tell stories about you Princess Twilight, including one about your doll Smarty Pants. Please have mercy on me!”

“Mercy? You tell these stories about me, and you dare ask for mercy? No! Your punishment shall be this: You shall sit there all afternoon…and listen to my stories about you!” A hoof was pointed dramatically.

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!” Two hooves clutched her chest, right over the heart. And her magic kept on knitting the scarf.

“What is going…Twilight!” A green and purple tall bipedal dragon latched onto the Princess with all the enthusiasm of a filly hugging her mom.

“Spike!” Wings folded partially around the owner of the lands. “It is good to see you. You don’t visit often enough.”

He laughed, and slowly pulled away from the embrace. “It is true, but I am busy running everything here. Speaking of which, what are you doing here?”

“Well, thanks to this brave young filly here,” Sunny Joy beamed at the praise “I now have every seventh off. And when I heard that Miss Belle here was telling stories about me, I knew I had to respond in kind.” The youngest princess sat herself down neatly on the grass. “Now gather around foals, so I can tell you of a special group: the CMC, or more commonly known as-“


“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS YAY!” Diamond Tiara jumped at the noise. No, it couldn’t be…

She quickly shuffled over to the window. It was! The crusaders were back…and there were more of them! She had to warn her grandchildren about the impending disaster!