• Published 19th Apr 2014
  • 192 Views, 7 Comments

Can you hear the whispers? - Bambisbb



A strange mare runs up to you in the middle of the train station. Sh'e muttering things and asking you weird questions, but she looks like she needs help...

  • ...
 7
 192

This is gonna happen.

You were standing in the middle of Ponyville train station. Some family members called you last night, telling you to come visit. You were scared they were in trouble, as they were whispering the entire time, so you hopped on the next train to Ponyville and came over. Turns out, that was a waste of time and money, you family didn't even show up, and people say they haven't seen them for days. You sighed and looked at the clock on the wall. You still had a while before your train got here. You turned around, maybe you should go get a snack or something. Your ears twitched as you heard something, a whisper. It quickly went away when you looked around. Strange...You shrugged and started walking before a mare crashed into you. "Hey, watch where you're going!" You shouted, getting up and shaking your head. There wasn't an answer. You looked at the mare. Her mane and tail were straight, and a bit matted, she had a very panicked expression on her face she looked everywhere she could. You could tell something was off, she wasn't just a crazy pony, she was scared. Her wings were twitching nervously, as if they could save her from anything. They definitely wouldn't let her fly. Her feathers were bent every which way and one looked like it was broken. "Uh...Hey, you okay?" You asked. She looked at you, her eyes wide. She nodded quickly and went back to shaking and looking around. Most ponies would have left, she said she was okay, why bother? But, you weren't most ponies. You couldn't leave a mare if she was in danger. "You sure?"

She looked at you again, "Yes, I'm sure, why wouldn't I be sure, I'm always sure, always." Her ear twitched and her head turned to the right. Her face went from paranoid to terrified. "Please no, I didn't mean to." She backed away, "I didn't mean to!" She fell to the floor and started shaking and sobbing. "Why won't you stop!" You looked at her.

"Whoa, calm down." You frowned. There was nothing there. Your ear twitched as you heard the whisper again. It said something...You looked around quickly. "What...?" You shook your head and shrugged.

The mare looked up at you. "It's gone..."

"What is?" You looked down at her, slightly confused.

"The Whisperer." She stared at the wall. "It left because you didn't see it."

"What are you talking about?!" You groaned, "You're absolutely crazy!"

"Can you hear them?" She looked at you. Something about the way she stared at you made you feel uneasy...

"Hear who?" You asked, taking a step back.

"The Whisperers....I know you can. Your ear keeps twitching. Don't listen to them. What ever you do, never listen to them!"

"What? Why?" You decided to find out what she was talking about. Maybe you could help her.

"You can hear the Whisperers...The Whisperers are near. If you hear the Whisperers, then turn away your ear. Do not hear the Whisperers, whatever else you do...For once you’ve heard the Whisperers, they’ll stop and look at you." She whispered. You couldn't help but shudder at how she said that little rhyme in a creepy, sad voice. "I listened to them, I know their secrets, and they looked at me... They won't leave me be, I try and make them stop..." She put her head down and covered her head with her hooves.

You looked down at her. Poor girl. You couldn't leave her, not here. "Don't start crying again...Just...Come on." You nudged her. She whimpered and looked up at you. "Where are you going to take me..."

"Sugar Cube Corner. It's a nice place, I forget who owns it..."

"The Cakes..." She got up. "The Cakes own it..."

"That's nice..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sighed and sat at a table with the mare, her ears were twitching, but she wasn't looking everywhere now. "Why don't you calm down?" You asked her. "No one in Ponyville's gonna hurt you..." She stayed quiet and her ears flattened against her head. You even heard something. You couldn't make out what it was saying...You frowned and looked around. "What is that..."

"I already told you." The mare whispered, "Don't look at them, don't listen to them..."

You heard whispering again. You could almost understand it...She slapped your hoof, making you yelp. "Hey! What was that for?!"

"I told you not to listen to them..."

"Ugh..." You facehoofed.

"I listened to them, and now look...Everyone I love is..." She winced and looked down.

"Everyone you love is what?"

"Gone. They disappeared."

"What? What happened to them?"

She shrugged, "It just...happened. I was taking a trip with my friends, Hoop and Grey. We were going to Germaney, and I was so excited. But by the time we reached Canterlot, I got a call from my mom, she sounded really scared, she was whispering and stuff. She told me she needed me to come home, so I hopped on the next train to Ponyville,but when I got to the house... Everything was trashed, and the house was deserted. I was so confused, I kept asking if anyone knew where they were, but they just stared at me with a sad look on their face... I was pretty freaked out by then, so I went back to the house, to find a note or something, you know, like anypony would do, and I noticed something was missing..." She squirmed in her seat. "A picture of me and my dad. I kinda freaked out, ran out of the house, got on a train to my dads house. His house was trashed too, he was missing, his cat was dead... I tried to call my friends, but..." She shook her head and sighed. "They just all disappeared. Even my dragon's missing..."

Both of you were quiet for a few minutes before you heard the whispering again. You really wanted to know what it was saying. You heard the whispering, saying the same thing. It was a rhyme... Something like, 'The trap is set. And now her friend,
Will travel where she will end.' You frowned. "What does that mean..."

She looked up at you. "You didn't."

"Didn't what?"

"You listened to them...You listened to them!" She shouted, slamming her hooves on the table, "I told you not to! You're going to be just like me now!"

You flinched as she slammed her hooves down. "Calm down, it's nothing!" You tried to calm her down.

"What did they say." Her voice grew low again, and she looked at the table. "What did you hear..."

"Some little rhyme, 'The trap is set. And now her friend, Will travel where she will end.' or something like that..."

She frowned and set her head on the table. "Mine was different...Mine was something about family... 'Her family is the key, to sealing every destiny.' I think I got the ones that sucked at rhyming..." She sniffled. Just then, a pink mare with balloons for a cutie mark walked by, she put a piece of paper on the table and walked off. The mare picked her head up and snatched the piece of paper up. "Go to the Ponyville Cemetery..." She stared at the paper. "I have to go..." She slid off the chair.

"Whoa, wait a minute, I can't let you go anywhere!"

"You still think I'm crazy, huh?" She stared at you, and grunted when she didn't get a response. She walked out of Sugar Cube Corner. Most ponies would have let it go, got back to the train and gotten on with their lives. But there was something about what you heard...The trap is set. And now her friend, Will travel where she will end...What trap? Who's she? Why were you even questioning this...She was crazy! But, you had a feeling, that maybe, just maybe...She wasn't. You couldn't let her go on her own, especially if she truly was bonkers, who knows what kind of things she could do... You slid off the chair. You had to follow her.


A pink mare watched you walk out the door. She peeked out from around the counter, and suddenly, wasn't very pink. She was all white, no mane, tail, eyes, or cutie mark. Just a coat and tie, with a big top hat. "The trap is set. And now her friend, Will travel where she will end." The pony whispered.

Comments ( 7 )

Wow this is pretty good! Pretty interesting, keep it up! ^_^

One thing that bothered me, has nothing to do with the story, is that you didn't indent the paragraphs. But that's just me.

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO!?

I can't believe you broke up with me! I thought you loved me!:fluttercry:

4257497 Now that you said something, I bothers me too :rainbowderp:

Login or register to comment