• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 894 Views, 30 Comments

Trouble With a Treble - Clover Skies



What happens when one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders actually gets their cutie mark? Surely, she'll feel out of place while her friends are still searching for their cutie marks. True friends, like the CMCs, will always stick together... right?

  • ...
1
 30
 894

The Choice

Sweetie Belle and Rarity stood outside Mrs. Cherilee's classroom. It was a blistering hot Wednesday.

"Good luck today, Sweetie Belle. I can already tell you're going to need it." Rarity said as she pulled the anxious pony into a hug.

"Thanks, Rarity."

Sweetie Belle (unrealistically) coughed a few times.

"Hey, Rarity, I think I'm sick! I can't go to school... Eh eh."

"Sweetie Belle! Is that how I raised you?! If you're going to fake being sick, I already TOLD you you have to wait until you are a better actress! But that's not the point--"

"Then what is the point?"

Rarity sighed. "The point is that you need to face your problems, not run away from them. Now go in there and be the brave unicorn you know you are! We've been standing here and talking for like, 5 minutes! You only have like, 10 minutes until class starts, and I only have 10 minutes before Carousel Boutique opens!"

"...Bye Rarity. I love you."

"Love you too, Sweetie."

Sweetie Belle trotted into homeroom. She didn't know where to sit; With her new friends, Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon? Or with her ex-friends, Scootaloo and Applebloom? She stood in the back of the classroom, looking like a buffoon, contemplating where she should sit.

If I sit with Applebloom and Scootaloo... Sweetie Belle thought. They may hate me! And Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon will be all mean about it.... But if I sit with Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon, I won't be following the steps Rarity told me, and it's longer that Applebloom and Scootaloo and I aren't friends!

"Sweetie Belle!"

Sweetie Belle was snapped back into reality.

"H-hey Diamond Tiara!"

"What are you doing back here? You look like a moron, just standing there! Come sit with us!" Diamond Tiara instructed as she pulled Sweetie Belle to her table. I guess I'm sitting with Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon.

"Oh. My. Celestia!" Diamond Tiara cheered.

"What?" Silverspoon asked.

"Silver Starlit is staring at me...!" Diamond Tiara blushed as she waved to the blue colt across the room.

Sweetie Belle struggled to refrain from rolling her eyes. To her, boys were gross, and had "cooties". She was a filly at heart.

"Heehee! He like, totally likes you, Diamond! I think you should-- OMC!"

"What?!" Diamond Tiara said, turning to Silverspoon.

"Look!" The grey earth pony snickered as she pointed to Applebloom and Scootaloo.

This time, they were... wrestling!

"Oh my Celestia! I can't stop laughing at how dumb those blank-flanks look!" Diamond Tiara exclaimed.

"Girls!" Mrs. Cherilee yelled from her desk. "SIT DOWN, OR YOU'LL BE STAYING IN AT RECESS!"

"Yes Mrs. Cherilee." The wrestling ponies said in unison as they sat down. They were now laughing at themselves.

Suddenly, Sweetie Belle had a plan.

"I'm gonna go over there and tell them how much they're blank-flanked losers!"

"Kay kay, Sweetie!" Diamond Tiara said as she continued to gawk/flirt with Silver.

"H-hey guys." Sweetie Belle said awkwardly.

"Sweetie Belle! I'm so glad you're here-- I mean... Ugh. You. Whaddya want?" Applebloom said as she crossed her arms.

Sweetie Belle could tell that Scootaloo missed her. She beamed-- for a millisecond, but the smile morphed into a straight face. Then a frown. Then a melancholy look. Then a straight face.

"What are all those looks for?! Make up your mind, woman! Choose an emotion and stick to it. Why you here?" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"R-right. I just came to say... to say..." Sweetie Belle trailed off.

Agh! What do I say?! Sweetie Belle panicked. Do I insult them? Or tell them how I feel?

"To say...?"

"To say I miss you guys! I'm sorry I overreacted and I just got over dramatic and Rarity told me to follow all these steps and she said we should make up and be friends and that things were awkward between her and Applejack and Rainbow Dash and--"

"Slow the hay down!" Scootaloo instructed.

Sweetie Belle took a deep breath. "I just wanted to say sorry. For everything."

Applebloom and Scootaloo looked at each other.

"Are we friends again?"

Sweetie Belle waited in an atmosphere of anticipation as Applebloom and Scootaloo looked at each other again.