• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 892 Views, 30 Comments

Trouble With a Treble - Clover Skies



What happens when one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders actually gets their cutie mark? Surely, she'll feel out of place while her friends are still searching for their cutie marks. True friends, like the CMCs, will always stick together... right?

  • ...
1
 30
 892

The Look

"Hey, girls!" Sweetie Belle said as she plopped into a seat next to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. It was 7:50 AM- 10 minutes before Mrs. Cherilee's class began.

"Sweetie Belle, Sweetie! Glad you came! Does this mean you're joining us?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Yeah, I guess so!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

"Great! So, what made you decide to join us?" Silverspoon asked.

Think fast, Sweetie! What should I say?

"Like you guys said: 'Who would want to hang out with some blank-flanked losers like them?'"

"Nice decision. We were just talking about them!" Diamond Tiara said.

Talking about her ex-friends was a rather sore subject for Sweetie Belle.

"W-what were you guys saying?"

"Hahaha, look at them!" Silver Spoon said, pointing a hoof toward the 2 fillies.

Scootaloo and Applebloom were hoof-wrestling. Every time one of them would slam each others hoof down, it would hit some random school supply and go flying.

"Maybe their special talent is looking like buffoons! 'Cause if it is, I wouldn't be surprised if they got their cutie marks right now!"

Silverspoon chuckled.

"Nice one, Diamond!" Sweetie Belle snickered as she high-hoofed Diamond Tiara.

"I know. I'm amazing!"

Sometimes Diamond Tiara could be so egotistical.

Silverspoon, Diamond Tiara, and Sweetie Belle gossiped some more. But Sweetie Belle wasn't listening. She kept getting distracted by how much fun it looked like Scootaloo and Applebloom were having- until she saw something that almost made her burst into tears.

Scootaloo had beaten Applebloom in a hoof-wrestling match. The victor was beaming. She looked around the room, wondering who saw her win, until she made eye contact with Sweetie Belle. Her grin turned into a scowl, and she quickly turned to a smiling Applebloom (even though she lost, she still had fun). Scootaloo whispered something to the smiling filly. Her grin turned into a scowl, just like Scootaloo's had. They turned their chairs away from Sweetie Belle.

Although Scootaloo had only looked at Sweetie Belle for a split second- A brief moment- Practically nothing- that scowl was a look that made Sweetie Belle queasy and teary.

No matter how hard Sweetie Belle tried, she knew she would never forget that look.

The look that reminded her she lost her best friends. For good.