• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 892 Views, 30 Comments

Trouble With a Treble - Clover Skies



What happens when one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders actually gets their cutie mark? Surely, she'll feel out of place while her friends are still searching for their cutie marks. True friends, like the CMCs, will always stick together... right?

  • ...
1
 30
 892

The Trio Talk

“...And Sweetie Belle just feels like y’all are leaving her out of yer trio, you know, now that she got her cutie mark and all…” Applejack said, putting a hoof on Applebloom’s shoulder.

“So if you guys could just… you know…” Rainbow Dash trailed off, thinking of what to say next. “Well, if you could do something besides cutie mark crusading every once in a while…”

“What! But Applebloom and I hafta get our cutie marks now! We have to use every moment we can together to crusade!” Scootaloo almost yelled.

“Yea!” Applebloom agreed.

“Well… if ya even cared about Sweetie Belle, I reckon y’all wouldn’t say such a thing.” Applejack said disapprovingly.

“Applejack!” The farmgirl’s sister moaned. “You know mighty well that Sweetie Belle is our best friend! We’d never do anything to try and hurt her!”

“I know, little sis, but yer growing up. Yer gonna get your cutie mark eventually! Big Mac and I were the last in our class to get our cutie marks. It’ll come naturally, so y’all just be patient. Stop worryin’ ‘bout your flanks when you should be worrying about yer friend!” Applejack lectured.

“...But Applejack!” Applebloom moaned.

“Didja listen to a word I said?! Just… just fergit it! I’m gonna leave this for the 2 of you to decide! But if you decide you care more about your flanks than your friend, just know things will be real awkward between me an’ Rarity!” Applejack raged as she stormed out of the room.

“...Uh, what Applejack said…” Rainbow Dash said awkwardly as she scooted toward the door. “Uh… bye!”

And then there were two.

Applebloom and Scootaloo looked at each other. What were they going to do?