• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 894 Views, 30 Comments

Trouble With a Treble - Clover Skies



What happens when one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders actually gets their cutie mark? Surely, she'll feel out of place while her friends are still searching for their cutie marks. True friends, like the CMCs, will always stick together... right?

  • ...
1
 30
 894

The Treble

“Next up is Sweetie Belle, singing a song she wrote, “Cutie Mark Chronicles”.”

The stomping of hooves filled the auditorium as Sweetie Belle trotted onto the stage.

“Hi! My name is Sweetie Belle and I’m gonna sing a song I wrote called “Cutie Mark Chronicles”.

Sweetie Belle took a deep breath and began to sing her song. She had never sang in front of so many ponies. There had to be at least 200 ponies in there. Sweetie Belle would have to thank Rarity for arranging her to perform at this recital.

A lot.

She began to sing. Her voice was like a waterfall- crystal clear. When she finished, the auditorium was so still you could hear a pin drop.

Was my singing that bad? Sweetie Belle thought nervously. Suddenly, she heard the slow sound of one ponies stomping hooves. Then another. Then another. Suddenly, the whole auditorium was stomping. She heard assorted gleeful cheers from the audience.

“Encore! Encore! Encore!”

“More! More!”

“Woooooo! Sweetie Belle!”

Sweetie Belle knew she was good. But not this good! A big fat smile emerged on her face. “Thank you, thank you everypony!” She waved to the crowd as she walked offstage, toward the backstage.

“Sweetie Belle! That was simply divine!” Rarity yelled as she tackled Sweetie Belle with a huge hug.

“Rarity! I didn’t know you were here! Also, I can’t breathe.”

“Sorry, Sweetie!” Rarity said, breaking from the hug. “And of course I came! I wouldn’t miss your recital for the world! You were ama-- OH. MY. CELESTIA!” Rarity screamed.

“What?! WHAT!?” Sweetie Belle panicked.

“Y-yo-your- You- Gah!” Rarity was pointing a shaking hoof at Sweetie Belle’s flank. Sweetie Belle turned around and saw something she did not expect (for once).

There, on her hindquarter, was a purple treble clef. Her cutie mark.