• Published 5th Apr 2014
  • 2,611 Views, 9 Comments

Diamond's Depression - Tourmaline Flourish



Diamond Tiara becomes depressed and finds ways of coping.

  • ...
2
 9
 2,611

Diamond's Depression

The sweet aroma of cakes and pies filled Diamond Tiara's nostrils. The young filly was lounging on a couch in her room. In fact, she had barely left her room for the past few weeks, ever since her parent's divorce. She sighed and then continued taking big bites out of an even larger coconut cake. At the moment, it was the only thing she was thankful for, her friend Silver Spoon coming around her house everyday with no shortage of muffins, cupcakes, eclairs and any type of baked good. Silver would only drop off the food, talk to her a little in an attempt to cheer her up and then leave. Diamond admitted that she was the only company that she enjoyed and always that that she left too early, every time.

CLINK! Her fork hit her plate that was now completely void of cake void of any cake. Diamond turned her head to grab another slice of the cake, only to find that there was none left. Instead she cut herself a nice large slice of Sweet Apple Acre's apple pie. Disgruntled, the filly started eating the pie whilst wondering what could have happened to the cake. Probably a servant sneaked in and took it out of jealousy, she thought, i'll make sure daddy punishes them. Taking another bite out of the apple pie, her mind drifted to how Applebloom doesn't eat this delicious delicacy all day every day, it's just so good! After another couple slices, Diamond was stuffed, she felt like a water balloon being filled too much. But it wasn't water, but food. Slowly, she dragged her aching, stuffed, body to her bed. Being this full made her drowsy and as soon as she made herself comfortable, she was fast asleep.

********

"C'mon, Diamond, it'll be fun!"

"For the last time, I don't want to!"

"You never want to do anything these days!"

"What're you trying to say?"

SIlver gulped, she was kinda half-hoping that Diamond wouldn't catch on. Well she hasn't fully but she isn't ready yet.

"It's just, after what happened to your parents,"

"Don't talk about it..."

Diamond looked down, frowning at the ground. How could Silver even mention it? Did she actually care about her anymore? And why would she even think that she would actually want to go to Manehatten with her to see Vinyl Scratch perform her "Biggest show yet"?

"Diamond, you know I didn't mean it like that. You've been very, how do I put this lightly, boring. You never go outside, you hardly ever talk and i'm concerned about you!"

Yeah right, Diamond thought, she looked up at Silver, only to see hard, thoughtful eyes beating down upon her. A pang of guilt stabbed at Diamond's chest. How could she do this to her? Before she knew what was happening, Silver wrapped her hooves around her. She did it back.

"I'm sorry Silver, I can really be mean at times."

"It's okay, if you do something for me."

"I'll do anything, just name it!"

"Come a little closer first."

Diamond obeyed. She went in to hug Silver a little closer, when there was something soft and squishy stopping them from getting closer, like someone had put a cushion between thm. Though Silver didn't seem to notice.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Come with me to see Vinyl Scratch."

Silver smiled coyly, she knew Diamond would accept. Just like she had accepted all those treats. She did, however, feel a little guilty manipulating her friend but the reward is too tempting. And Diamond has done her fair share of manipulation, so this must be her just desserts.

"Done! When are we going then?"

Silver snapped back to reality. Then retreated from the hug before she'd do something she'll regret. She can wait, long enough for Diamond to accept herself. Then it'll be smooth sailing for her.

"Next week, i'll come by to pick you up, so be ready!"

"Okay! I'll be ready!"

Silver turned to leave. Just at that moment, Diamond felt something she hasn't felt in a long time, hunger. Her stomach growled, loud enough to stop Silver in her tracks. Diamond started to panic slightly, Silver's gonna mention it, maybe say something she wouldn't like and embarrass her and...

"Want to get something to eat?"

Diamond stopped panicking. She opened her eyes to see Silver inviting her out to eat. She could only stare at her in confusion.

"I hear there's this new place near Sugarcube Corner that does amazing ice-cream."

Diamond rubbed her gut at the thought of ice-cream, she heard her stomach answer for her in a loud, deep grumble.

"C'mon then!"

Diamond got up and went, she was lucky to have a friend like Silver!"

********

BEEP BEEP!

Diamond looked down at he scales, she noticed that she was getting a little chubby, but Silver just kept bombarding her with lots of food and lots of different amazing tastes. She has never regretted any of the food as long as it tasted nice. Looking at the number between her hooves, she swore she went into shock.

300!

She weighs 300 lbs? How? That's over twice her weight last time she weighed herself. She looked herself over, only to find that she had gotten a little chubbier than chubby. Her gut looked like someone had strapped pillow on to her. She turned to look at her rear in the full length mirror on the door behind her, only to be shocked more. It was huge, easily the largest part of her body! The edges of her plump posterior couldn't even be seen in the mirror it was that big. Though she didn't feel ugly, or look it for that matter. Cautiously, she poked at it only to be greeted with blubber. Then she shook it and watched as it jiggled all over the place. If anything, it felt, nice.

It was a knock at the bathroom door that broke Diamond out of her trance. The filly rushed around to save herself from the embarrassment by finding something to cover herself up with. Eventually a towel found its way covering her rump.

"Who is it?"

"Diamond did you forget?"

A familiar hoof contacted Diamond's face as she just remembered what she was doing with Silver today. The door started to open and Diamond couldn't help but be embarrassed by the situation, resulting in her face turning a bright crimson. Silver entered the bathroom to see Diamond about to break down.

"Diamond? Are you okay?"

Diamond started to tear up, the reality of her weight getting to her. The fact that her best friend was there, only made it worse. But she had to give Silver an answer and if they stay friends then at least she'll have one. And if not, Diamond shuddered at the thought, it included seclusion and lots of ice-cream. She gulped, then turned her attention to the pony occupying the doorway.

"I'm fat!"

That was it. NO going back now. No more friends, no more school, no more fun and no more...

"So?"

Confusion filled Diamond's mind. Why isn't Silver disgusted? And what was with that grin on Silver's face? Did she like her this way? That thought alone answered all of her questions. It also explains all the food Silver was never short on and all the times Silver hugged her, how she wouldn't "notice" her new, larger size. She tried to look at the mirror. Her rump is very succulent, she thought. And if she likes it, and so does Silver, then why be ashamed of it? In fact, why not embrace it?

"Diamond?"

"Yes?" Diamond said with new found confidence.

"Will you be my Super Special Somepony?"

Author's Note:

Based on what the mod slightly touched upon as a background for the CDT blog.

Comments ( 9 )

Not bad I give it a good 7.7/10 :twilightsmile:

That was cute. Short but had a pretty good message in there. Have a like. :rainbowkiss:

So, DT gains a bunch of weight due to SS (which works out well for her, seeing as how SS likes the chubbies. Did anyone else get dizzy at that? :derpyderp1:) .... Interesting take. I like it!

4693587
It is actually based upon the Chubby Diamond Blog on tumblr. I only wrote this for a contest they had a couple months ago, so i can't really take credit for the idea. If anything follow the blog, its pretty good!

Shippers! TO YOUR KEYBOARDS STAT! Time to make Dimond spoon! :yay:

Chubby Diamond Tiara is adorable.

5909016 SilverTiara is more fitting but YES to the SHIPPING MOTHER SHIP!:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment