• Published 28th Mar 2012
  • 2,072 Views, 43 Comments

Observer Prime - RoseluckyCinor



A man must observe a new planet for possible interstellar contact.

  • ...
3
 43
 2,072

Quartary

Date. 9th of September 4315. Screens are all down but the new probe. It’s the only eyes I have anymore. I’m pretty sure my report sent today which means that I’m good to go! Good to go? I—uh, I guess so. You know, I kind of like this planet. It’s awfully pretty, much nicer than my home world.

Let’s take a look at how Blue and his pack are doing. I think I can make do with just the probe from now on. Shouldn’t be that hard. I couldn’t get the other screens to work for some reason, and the sleep chamber isn’t working right anymore. I tried everything in the book to get the screens back. Nothing it mentions even covers a total failure.

Sleeping was hard without the chamber; even harder, I mean. I tried to lie down but I felt the scrutiny of something, and the whispers were back. I couldn’t understand what they were saying but it felt sinister. Ah, the probe is in position now.

Looks like the entirety of Location Beta are working together to put something in action. Center of town looks to be a stage, and they are putting crude decoration all around town. Let me take a closer look.

Huh, skulls? Perhaps not the nicest decoration I’ve seen but this must be an equine thing. Some of them appear to be dressed up. I’m taking pictures for the index. This must be a religious ceremony. I’ve heard of some lunar based religions being, forgive the pun, darker in nature. Can’t tell what they are celebrating specifically though. I wish I could.

This isn’t interesting to me right now. I can see their muzzles moving, but I can hear nothing. Maybe one day I’ll hear them over the Senate broadcasts. That’d be something, wouldn’t it?

Let me pull back to Lo<zzzzz> Alpha f<zzzzzz>

*Static*

~~Chat Closed~~


Date…. 1st of October 4315. It’s been a month, and I think I finally did it. I got power back on. I mean, of course I did. How else could I record myself? Hah!

*Pacing footsteps*

You see, the ship lost power about a month ago aaaaand no one came to pick me up. The federation LEFT ME OUT HERE! There’s no more food and I can’t even hail them! I’m going to DIE OUT HERE!

No… no… get it together…. There’s one option. I can land… Yeah! Landing might work…. Protocol does forbid…. No. They left me out here. And the GODDAMN WHISPERS!

WHY WON’T THEY SHUT UP?

*Falls to the floor*

I can’t even hear over them most of the time! It’s deafening. They’re watching me all the time! OBSERVING ME! I have to get out of the ship! They won’t see me on the outside!

No! It’s too dangerous! I never got atmospheric results. What if they don’t breathe oxygen? I never checked. I’m so stupid! I should have checked.

*Sobs*

I can land…. It’s the only way, only way to be sure now.

*Feet hit the floor*

Just a quick set of controls….

*Buttons pressed and an alarm rings*

What the hell?

*Door opens. Sound of marching getting closer*

What are… who?

*Brief scuffle*

No, get off me! I—I have to get there! No!

~~Chat Closed~~


“Now that that’s over, what do we think, gentlemen?” asked a man in a business suit.

“I think it shows signs of compatibility. If the simulation was so successful, I think we can initiate contact,” said a female scientist.

“I agree,” Said her male counterpart, “and I propose Observer Prime be the one to initiate contact.”

“Why is that,” asked the business man.

“Well, he showed the most interest of all simulated Observations. He deviated from the standards and even chose to land at the end instead of suicide like the others.”