• Published 25th Mar 2014
  • 987 Views, 18 Comments

Outcasts of Equestria - Old Ben Kenobi



When Canterlot is overthrown from the inside, our band of heroes must once again try to save Equestria from a highly dangerous opponent.

  • ...
2
 18
 987

Chapter 3-A Skirmish In Canterlot

Twilight raced down the stairs after her mentor. She had never seen Celestia run before, and was surprised at just how agile the large alicorn was.

They burst through the two huge doors, as Celestia herself had done at the Grand Galloping Gala almost a year ago. The sight they beheld was very reminiscent of that occasion. The whole room was alive with chaos;guards were fighting guards, and pegasus feathers fell from the roof, as a group of them were involved in an ariel scuffle.

Suddenly, some unicorn guards spotted Celestia.

"It's the Sun Princess and her student!" the lead one shouted, "Seize them, quickly!"

Some of the pegasus guards above turned their attention away from their flying opponents, and dived straight towards Princess Celestia. However, before they could reach her, a blue flash intercepted them, and they were knocked onto the ground.

"That's for the Princesses!" shouted Rainbow Dash, as the pegasi hurled towards the ground.

However, every guard in the room was alerted to their presence. Suddenly, two thirds of the guards in the room started trying to surge forwards towards Celestia, and the others tried desperatly to push them back.

"Quick, my ladies!" Shouted one of the guards to Twilight and Celestia, "Retreat whilst you still can!"

"No," said Celestia, "You are my subjects, and I will defend you!"

She shot out a golden stunning spell, and an Earth pony fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Twilight," Urged Celestia, "You must get out of here. Alert Princess Luna. I don't think I can hold them for long!"


Twilight looked up at her mentor, then nodded. She turned around to see her friends, staring at the scene in horror.

"Okay, everypony," she said, "Let's go!"

They turned around and ran down the corridor, only to come face to face with a battalion of unicorn guards.

"Celestia!" yelled Twilight.

"I'm sorry!" shouted Celestia back, "I can't get to you! They've pinned me here! You'll have to face them yourselves!"

Twilight gulped, and watched on as the malicious unicorns advanced towards her and her friends.

Twilight, in a desperate effort to stop them, cast her multi-stunning spell, and the group of unicorns was temporarily stunned.

"It won't stop them for long!" she shouted "The more ponies under the spell, the weaker it is!"

"But Twilight, dear, we have to protect Princess Celestia from them," said Rarity.

"There's no time!" replied Twilight, "We can't hope to face a squad of fully trained Canterlot Unicorn Guards! We must get back to the Princess!"

The others followed Twilight and they returned back to Celestia.

"Princess," panted Twilight, "We can't get past the unicorn guards. I'm sorry, Celestia."

"There's no need," replied Celestia, as she used a discharge of gold magic to repel a brown pegasus that was charging towards her. "Look ,"

The other side of the room started growing dark, and out from a door, a tall, dark blue Alicorn charged in.

"Sister," shouted Luna, "I'm here!"

The guards on her side of the room charged towards her, but Luna conjured a dark, black cloud over her head and there was a huge, bright flash of lightning. The guards were thrown backwards.

"Luna," Shouted Celestia, "There is a battalion of enemy Unicorns approaching from my direction!"

Princess Luna was firing beams of dark blue magic at approaching guards as she shouted back her reply.

"Don't worry, Tia!" She said, "If we can keep these ones busy for long enough, we will have already won the battle!"

"How?" shouted Celestia

"He's coming!" Said Luna, simply.

The battalion of unicorn guards was fast approaching the group.

"We'll have to hold them off!" Shouted Twilight to her friends.

The guards galloped towards the group, and Twilight shot out some purple spells and the oncoming crowd and a few of the guards fell to the ground. However, the others created a magical blue shield around the entire group, leaving them resistant to any magical attacks.

Rainbow Dash charged at them, but the lead one fired a well placed stunning spell at her, and she was thrown backwards.

"Rainbow!" screamed Twilight as the blue pegasus was launched towards her.

"I'm...fine," said Rainbow Dash weakly, "I just...need to lie down..."

The others looked in shock at the guards, then charged towards them. Applejack took out her lasso from under her hat and managed to grab onto the nearest guard, but he was only slowed down for a few seconds, as he used his blue magic to lift the rope off of himself.

"Step down!" shouted the guard, "Or you will be responosible for the consequences!"

"Never!" shouted Twilight, "Why are you doing this? Who is your leader?"

The guards of course did not answer, but instead they all stopped about twenty feet away from the group. They all closed their eyes, and their horns started burning bright blue in unison. Suddenly, a wave of magical energy surged forwards, engulfing Spike and the mane six. They tried to move, but found they were frozen in position.

"Get this off me!" Shouted Rainbow Dash, but it was no use. The spell was too strong, and the unicorns trotted right past them towards Princess Celestia.

"Celestia!" shouted Twilight, "Look out!"

Celestia turned around, but it was too late. The guards shot a single beam of magical energy at her, and she too was stunned in place.

Luna had almost finished with all the guards in the room. Just a few more...

Suddenly, a beam of magical energy hit her, and she was stunned in place.

When this happened, the Unicorn guards smiled confidently.

"Looks like the Princes coup was a success," the lead Unicorn said confidently.

"Thou should not hold thy breath," said Luna, and at that moment, a fiendish cackling rang out through the room, the same cackling which had been heard a long time ago in the same room.

The lead Unicorn looked to his side, and there he saw Discord, Lord of Chaos, examining his claws.

"My, my Celestia," he said, without looking up, "I never thought I'd see the day you were defeated by a bunch of pampered Royal Guards,"

"Stop him!" Yelled the lead guard, and they all fired the stunning at him. However, by the time it reached the spot, Discord had gone.

"You Royal Guards really are quite slow, aren't you?" Said Discord's voice, eminating from behind them. Fifteen seperate spells were fired in Discord's direction , but he was gone yet again.

The guards felt something wet rolling down their faces, and looked up to see a group of pink candy floss clouds above them, dribbling chocolate milk rain.

"Stop it, serpent!" Shouted the unicorn guard, "I order you in the name of Canterlot!"

"But Canterlot is not rightfully yours, is it now?" Came the draconequus's snide voice. "Release everypony if you want me to stop, or continue and deal with the consequences.

The chocolate milk puddle forming on the ground suddenly transformed into a puddle of banana skins. The guards tried to run out, but ended up slipping over, much to the amusement of Discord. The few concious Earth pony guards were still slopping in the chocolate puddles and the pegasus guards found themselves entangled in the candy floss clouds. It looked as if Discord had won.

From the two wooden doors where Celestia, was trapped, a tall, white unicorn strode in.he was wearing an expensive tuxedo and had a manicured blonde mane. When they saw him, all the Unicorn guards bowed down on their front hooves. Despite her being stunned, Rarity could not help let out a shout of disgust.

"You!?" She said, aghast.

The figure walked up to the guards with an irritating smile on his lips.

"My lord Blueblood," said the lead Unicorn, "We have failed you."