• Published 30th Sep 2014
  • 1,661 Views, 25 Comments

Cout De Jumanji - Flutters Is Shy



The game. Jumanji. Will young Rarity overcome the mistakes of the past? Or is she destined to fall, just as those before her?

  • ...
6
 25
 1,661

Prologue -Rarity

"Mommy, why did you name me Rarity?"

Her mother had been leaning on the bed beside her, reading her a bedtime story involving far off lands with flank kicking princesses. She looked a bit startled, but then smiled warmly.

"I named you after your aunt, my sister." Brushing aside a thick purple lock of mane, her mother continued, "Your mane, Its exactly the same shade as hers..."

Rarity's face lit up with excitement. "You have a sister? How come you never told me? Can I meet her, does she like-" she was soundly shushed by her mother, as she tucked the sheets around her.

"The whole point of a bedtime story is to calm you down, not rile you up little one. And..." she paused, looking out the bedroom window, "Well, your aunt..." she paused again, trying to collect her thoughts. "She left, a long time ago. I prefer to think that she went travelling...but its a safe bet that I'll never see her again." Rarity had grown quiet, and a frown had drawn itself across her muzzle. "Now, now, smile! Turn that frown upside down!" With this, she poked Rarity in her tummy, eliciting a giggle.

"Whats all this? Laughing fillies? Well we can't have none of that, now can we!?" Her father loomed in the doorway, casting shadows from the light in the hall. "Beware, for here comes the Tickle Monster!!!"

"Nooooooo!~" Rarity giggled as she leapt from the bed, dodging in wide circles around the room. It was all for naught in the end, as her mother joined in as well. Several minutes later, they had all collapsed into a giggling pile of gasping bodies. Picking themselves up, her parents levitated her back into bed.

"Good night my sweet little pumpkin~" trilled her father, planting a noisy kiss on her forehead. Her mother leaned forward, giving her a kiss of her own before tucking her in once more.

Rarity snuggled in, and seemingly within seconds was asleep.

"She's just so..." Her mother and father stood in the doorway to Rarity's room, gazing inward at their sleeping daughter. " I'll never let her go, never ever ever." She turned to Rarity's father, and they shared a knowing look.

He gave her a passionate kiss, then drew her into a deep hug "The same goes for me, my precious Sweetie Belle."