• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 15,241 Views, 208 Comments

Rocket To Insanity : Fall Of The Apple Family - DontWakeTheNeighbour



Rainbow Dash continues to fight her loosing battle and Applejack begins to see that something is up.

  • ...
23
 208
 15,241

Despair

At first Twilight didn't know what to expect. Scootaloo had been so scared that she could barely talk, but Twilight soon managed to calm the little fillly down before getting her to tell the whole story. As soon as Scootaloo could breath normally again she told her entire story, from the meeting with with the Cutie Mark Crusaders to the encounter with Big Mac. Twilight refused to believe it, that was until she saw it with her own eyes. The once bright and colourful building was now reduced to a pile of smouldering ash. Twilight tried to walk closer but the smell of cooking flesh almost made her vomit. Before she knew it the fire department arrived to put out the blaze, Rarity and Fluttershy only seconds behind.

They watched in horror as the fire crew battled against the fire, still burning strong, but they were soon interupted by a white flash. The three ponies blinked and looked behind to see the princess walking up to them, her eyes filled with dread and guilt. Twilight didn't say anything, but Rarity and Fluttershy could clearly see that the purple mare was mad. The princess passed the three ponies and observed the horrific sight in front of her, not uttering a word. Twilight tooked at the ground, her mind full of rage, as the princess turned to face the three ponys. Fluttershy and Rarity looked confused, they still didn't know what was going on.

"Whuh?" Twilight mumbled. "Where were you?" The princess didn't looked suprised as Twilight questioned her.

"W-where were you?"

"Twilight. .... I-"

Twilight didn't let her answer, she turned to face Celestia with tears in her eyes.

"WHERE WERE YOU!! WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING?! YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED IT!!" Rarity and Fluttershy were shocked by Twilight's attitude. They both looked at the princess, who looked more ashamed than angry by the sudden outburst from her student.

"Excuse me?" Fluttershy said quietly, coming between the two. "What's going on?" Rarity looked at the smouldering barn behind her before terror suddenly struck her heart.

"Where's Applejack?!" Rarity shouted, praying the answer wasn't what she thought it was going to be.

"APPLEJACK!! BIG MACINTOSH!!" A filly shrieked. Rarity turned to see Applebloom running towards the blazing inferno. A firepony was quick to stop the devestated filly before it was too late.

"Applejack!! No!! NO!!" Rarity also ran towards the barn before she was also tackled by a firepony. Fluttershy still couldn't believe what she was hearing, her innocent mind unable to comprehend the tragedy that had taken place. She fell onto her stomach, bawing into her arms, as the tall princess shed a tear. She looked back at Twilight to see her still crying but, at the same time, still furious.

"I'm." Celestia started. "I'm so sorry Twilight. I. I didn't know. I couldn't have known that Rainbow Dash was capable of doing such a thing. I never would have guessed. I'm so sorry, but even I couldn't have predicted that this would happen." Princess Celestia couldnt hold onto her tears anymore, she lifted her head and let them run down her cheeks as she looked at Twilight.

"You must understand Twilight."

The purple unicorn continued to stare at her mentor, then she broke eye contact and looked at the ground again. Her anger slowly turned into sorrow as she heard her friends crying.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. It wasn't your fault. I just wish I knew what went wrong. How she could do something like this. Why she would do something like this. I.... it's just not fair."

Twilight looked at Applebloom, grieving for her loss. Twilight fell onto the floor, her whole body felt like it had turned to ice. She had already lost a dear friend not two days ago, now Applejack and Big Macintosh were gone too. The pain was all too much for her to take, as she cried into her hooves.